Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

The late 2001 Hardy Boyz break-up stuff has to be some of the oddest booked wrestling I've seen lately. Jeff and Lita keep taking stupid risks that cost the team matches, titles, title shots, and endanger themselves. Matt justifiably gets upset over this, and yet he's portrayed as being the heel for actually wanting his teammates to think of the team first and their personal glory second. I just don't get how a writer (or group of writers) sat down and thought this booking made a lick of sense.

Because X-Treme......

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Jericho's podcast, William Regal will be doing a "show" at some venues in the UK after Raw and Smackdown the next time WWE goes to the UK. He didn't go into detail about what it is however I know Regal is a big fan of British stand-up. If Regal is doing stand-up then I am insanely jealous of you Brits and really want to be there because that sounds amazing. "An evening with William."

According to Jericho's podcast, William Regal will be doing a "show" at some venues in the UK after Raw and Smackdown the next time WWE goes to the UK. He didn't go into detail about what it is however I know Regal is a big fan of British stand-up. If Regal is doing stand-up then I am insanely jealous of you Brits and really want to be there because that sounds amazing. "An evening with William."

I really hope this involves a brief Regal run on TV.

Where can I see the ChilangaMask Hechicero/Black Terry vs. Trauma II/Negro Navarro match? I'm willing to pay if necessary. Saw it mentioned on WKO but don't have an account there.

Email Black Terry Jr. at

jokermea@hotmail.com

He has Hechicero v. Terry from this weekend too. Both rule!

Thanks so much :)

We reviewed them over at Segunda Caida

Terry v. Hechicero

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2014/11/2014-ongoing-match-of-year-list_4.html

Hechicero/Terry v. Navarro/Trauma 2

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2014/11/2014-ongoing-match-of-year-list.html

It is about time for the annual Regal series on NXT. Someone unearth Sami Callihan and let them have a couple of matches against each other

Shit, I completely forgot about him. What's the story there?

I really lost track of what has been said public and what hasn't been. My heart really goes out to him. Late August he damaged his the tibia bone after coming down badly on a flying headscissors and then about a month ago a very close family member passed away. Before all that he was kind of in limbo he had reached the point of wrestling NXT taping dark matches but NXT Creative/Triple H didn't seemed to know what to do with him. Seemingly weekly he would go back and forward on a handful of characters and various versions and iterations of those characters. From essentially being "The Death Machine" Sami Callihan to a Hacker with an iPad that would cut the lights or the announcer announcing him to the more recent character that is hard to define or label but jist is that he would cut passionate speeches about how much he loves Wrestling and wants to succeed. I don't want to going into his business too much but things seemed really bleak before his injury to the point it would not have been a surprised if he was released. It was a topic of discussion among people around NXT at the time. I really hope things turn around for him. Kalisto and Sami reported to NXT together. Kalisto is well ahead of him now and Sami as an "indie guy" is kind of being lapped by the new and more high profile intake of Steen, Itami and Devitt. Also arguably Sami and Steen are fighting for the same spot on the card too.

So, GWF is doing it's first thing which is airing the Dome Show of NJPW on American PPV with English announcers.

Oh man. I know Jarrett's been wanting JR to jump onboard, but JR calling a Japanese match nowadays really seems like it wouldn't fit. Interested to see who they come up with for that.

I think Ross would be great if they could get him. Get him away from the WWE hype machine and he can still call a great match, plus you know he'd do his homework just like he did with his football, boxing and MMA gigs.

If they don't get Ross I have no idea. I thought of Mauro Renallo. I happen to like him, but I know he's a polarizing figure with some people.

I'm curious who they get for color. I actually think MVP could be great. He's wrestled in NJPW, he's a fan, and he knows all the players and the stories and could get them over to a new audience.

That really sucks. Sami is a tremendously nice guy, a hard worker, and I was really hoping he would get a good run.

Yeah me too. When he was on the Indies everyone from Finlay to Dreamer to Nash liked him and saw money in the kid so to speak. Seemed like he would be on the fast track.

Anyways if you like him go out of your way to support him and just think some positive thoughts until he gets over the hump.

I'm going to this after RAW on Monday with a buddy. Should be a hoot, especially as I am from Blackpool too, love to here some old stories about the scene around here in the 80's such as the Bobby Baron stuff at the Pleasure Beach.

He's been doing it for a few years after tapings. I went to Manchester last November and he told awesome Orig Williams stories, and pant-pissingly hilarious Dave Taylor anecdotes, including him asking a Make-A-Wish kid what he wanted to be when he grew up.

Young Dave Finlay makes his Belfast, Northern Ireland debut tomorrow. Pretty cool news story about it. Proud moment for his Grandfather:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/meet-the-next-generation-of-fighting-fit-finlays-name-synonymous-with-the-golden-age-of-wrestling-30724872.html

Dave has such a weird American-German-Ulster accent.

No Problem, I am going to through up reviews on Segunda Caida of those two matches this weekend hopefully.You should post what you think here.

Finally got around to watching Hechicero vs. Black Terry. I thought it was very good, but I guess when it comes to lucha stuff I kind of relate to what Dylan says about knocking a star off any NJPW fan's ratings of NJPW matches :P. It's something I almost feel bad about, because I think you guys clearly have a much more nuanced appreciation of wrestling than the average modern NJPW fan, but oh well. I've only been watching lucha for about six months so it's quite possible my appreciation will grow over time.

Anyway, about the match. Loved the opening matwork - much less cooperative-looking than much of the maestros stuff I've seen but no less stylish. They escalated into brawling well. The comradely atmosphere between the two combined with them inflicting brutal violence on each other was a really fun dynamic that you don't see very often. The finish felt anticlimactic, although the visual of them punching each other in the crappy seats of some scuzzy Mexican building was so great. I really thought the individual parts of this were pretty damn superlative, especially the matwork, but the total package was just lacking a little something for me to put it at the level of, say, Rush/Casas, Virus/Titán or Hechicero/Cavernario. Maybe a little faster pace, better crowd, a little more time, a better finish or, of course, blood :). Definitely a very fun watch though.