Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

This is making the rounds at the moment, anybody remember this?!

Judging by the lack of commentary, I'm guessing this is from the "After RAW Goes Off The Air" DVD set they put out this year of dark matches and other wacky stuff they did. The only people aware of it before that DVD came out would have been the people in the arena that night.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Late 91 or early 92, they also had a Berzerker vs. Barbarian match that aired on Primetime.

I did listen to an interview with Barry Darsow and he said he actually came up with the Repoman gimmick and fully intended that it would end up a babyface for comic relief, but Vince never made the turn. But maybe he and Papa Shango was a test match to see how the crowd responded?

Late 91 or early 92, they also had a Berzerker vs. Barbarian match that aired on Primetime.

I did listen to an interview with Barry Darsow and he said he actually came up with the Repoman gimmick and fully intended that it would end up a babyface for comic relief, but Vince never made the turn. But maybe he and Papa Shango was a test match to see how the crowd responded?

I always wanted the gimmick to fail back then just so he would come back as Demolition Smash years later.

Weird question, how did Dusty Rhodes end up leaving the NWO? Was it when he left the company for ECW? I have vague memories of him doing face commentary on b-shows in 1999 but i might be imagining that. And what were the circumstances behind him leaving WCW only to come back in a year?

Dusty quit in 1999 because Vince Russo wanted to do a storyline based on his real life problems with Dustin, and he refused to do it.

For me Russo was the main reason I started to hate the company because of his lame booking.

Ive still not forgiven him for that lame PPV in 2000 when they vacated every title. Just the worst decision he ever made, some people were actually looking forward to Hogan/Sid for the belt.

Who was looking forward to that?

A lot of people that had already bought tickets for the PPV. It had some of their best early ticket sales in some time when they announced the main event locally, then of course the whole company got turned upside down.

For me it was 8 years in the making Hogan/Sid Part 2.

Yes, because Hogan Sid 1 was such a success.

Is it really true that Sid had Mania main event written into his contract?

Ive heard rumours about this for years and always wondered. No wonder they were screwed and couldnt do Flair/Hogan by changing it. I know Hulk wanted to do films and stuff but it just seems odd to write a main event into someones contract.

October 1st 1984 - San Antonio, Texas
1. Killer Brooks, Al Madril & Voodoo Mulumba beat Sheepherders & Mongolian Stomper
2. Tommy Rich beat Abdullah the Butcher by DQ
3. Brett Sawyer, Chicky Starr & El Canek beat Eric Embry, Dan Greer & The Medic

Just wanted to say that the team in bold looks like something out of a WAR six man tournament from 1994.

I've been watching some 1983 Georgia lately and there are these matches from a different studio with Les Thatcher & Bob Roop as the commentary team instead of Gordon Solie calling the action. For a commentary team that I'd never heard of, they work really well together and it would be interesting to see them call the national show instead of Gordon. But I've personally always liked Thatcher over Gordon so I'm possibly biased.