Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

What is the earliest WWE Wrestling PPV not to feature any deceased talent?

The earliest I could find was the UK PPV Capital Carnage in late 98.

King of the Ring 99 had no wrestlers on the main card that are not among us anymore, however Paul Bearer was managing the Undertaker and Boss Man was working on heat.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

King of the Ring 99 had no wrestlers on the main card that are not among us anymore, however Paul Bearer was managing the Undertaker and Boss Man was working on heat.

Boss Man was at Capital Carnage as he took a Stunner.

Boss Man was at Capital Carnage as he took a Stunner.

Vengeance 2005 appears to be the first to fit.

After King of the Ring 99, Boss Man is still on a lot of the cards, Bulldog comes in, Test is on the cards... and then in 2000, Benoit and Eddie come in, and one or both is on basically all the shows through to 2005, with Test being the issue on a few where they are absent.

So Larry Winters passed away. Have the police questioned DC Drake?

No one else found this funny? Come onwell played Johnny, well played!

I think most people who were aware of DC Drake were trying to remember if HE was still alive, and were too lazy to Google it.

DC Drake is still alive BTW.

I cant remember, was it DC Drake or Johnny Hotbody that Winters won a Falls Count Anywhere match against by picking him up in a bodyslam and pinning his shoulders against a wall? Thats a finish I dont think has been attempted since.

So Larry Winters passed away. Have the police questioned DC Drake?

No one else found this funny? Come onwell played Johnny, well played!

I think most people who were aware of DC Drake were trying to remember if HE was still alive, and were too lazy to Google it.

DC Drake is still alive BTW.

I cant remember, was it DC Drake or Johnny Hotbody that Winters won a Falls Count Anywhere match against by picking him up in a bodyslam and pinning his shoulders against a wall? Thats a finish I dont think has been attempted since.

I want to say Big Show pinned Essa Rios or someone like that during a hardcore title 24/7 match.

So apparently, that part of Cena's music at the beginning of it where someone yells something like "BABBANOOSH!" is some sort of sonic key to get kids excited and shit. My 4 year old nephew explodes and screams it at that part. He's also doing the Cena "You can't see me" taunt that I taught him. I'm taking him to a house show Sunday afternoon and he's totally psyched. The idea that he's going to see people he sees on TV, especially Cena, is blowing his four year old mind. Every night for the last week we have to wrestle, where occasionally I have to remind him not to punch for real, and then he lightens up, and that there'll be no more double stomps from atop the cushions, he has to do a flat splash. He also enjoys me doing the claw, fighting out of it, then he figured out on his own that he should stomp on my hand after. I got me a prodigy, boys.

Oh and when Brock appears on TV he calls him "the monster", and is sorta scared of him. And he chose WWE Valentines to give to his pre school class. I'm waiting for that to backfire, somehow. "This child gave out cards with nothing but shirtless musclemen on them!"

So apparently, that part of Cena's music at the beginning of it where someone yells something like "BABBANOOSH!" is some sort of sonic key to get kids excited and shit. My 4 year old nephew explodes and screams it at that part. He's also doing the Cena "You can't see me" taunt that I taught him. I'm taking him to a house show Sunday afternoon and he's totally psyched. The idea that he's going to see people he sees on TV, especially Cena, is blowing his four year old mind. Every night for the last week we have to wrestle, where occasionally I have to remind him not to punch for real, and then he lightens up, and that there'll be no more double stomps from atop the cushions, he has to do a flat splash. He also enjoys me doing the claw, fighting out of it, then he figured out on his own that he should stomp on my hand after. I got me a prodigy, boys.

Oh and when Brock appears on TV he calls him "the monster", and is sorta scared of him. And he chose WWE Valentines to give to his pre school class. I'm waiting for that to backfire, somehow. "This child gave out cards with nothing but shirtless musclemen on them!"

That's awesome, Johnny!

My three-year old watched tonight's Smackdown! with me (poor kid). During the casket match he kept pointing at Kane and saying "He's big like you, Daddy." I'm nowhere near as big as Kane lol.

After King of the Ring 99, Boss Man is still on a lot of the cards, Bulldog comes in, Test is on the cards... and then in 2000, Benoit and Eddie come in, and one or both is on basically all the shows through to 2005, with Test being the issue on a few where they are absent.

That quite frankly is really quite shocking!

This was sent to my facebook account.

Hell, if wrestling fans can't laugh at themselves.....

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/01/26/agony-for-grown-man-as-nobody-at-work-wants-to-talk-about-royal-rumble/

Maybe no one talked about the Rumble at his work place because they AREN'T wrestling fans? I couldnt help but laugh when it said he screamed and woke his wife up. Hope he got a right telling off for that.

Not everyone likes wrestling. Kids do but alot of people move on and Im not really sure how this made headline news.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/01/26/agony-for-grown-man-as-nobody-at-work-wants-to-talk-about-royal-rumble/

Maybe no one talked about the Rumble at his work place because they AREN'T wrestling fans? I couldnt help but laugh when it said he screamed and woke his wife up. Hope he got a right telling off for that.

Not everyone likes wrestling. Kids do but alot of people move on and Im not really sure how this made headline news.

Sorry, doc. I should have explained that this is a spoof website, similar to The Onion.

That's awesome, Johnny!

My three-year old watched tonight's Smackdown! with me (poor kid). During the casket match he kept pointing at Kane and saying "He's big like you, Daddy." I'm nowhere near as big as Kane lol.

My son's almost three, and one thing I've learned is how keeping your arms at your side and slightly raised is the best way to take a big splash with minimal damage. I used to wonder when I would see guys take splashes like that "how does just putting your arms like that do anything?", well now I know.

That's awesome, Johnny!

My son's almost three, and one thing I've learned is how keeping your arms at your side and slightly raised is the best way to take a big splash with minimal damage. I used to wonder when I would see guys take splashes like that "how does just putting your arms like that do anything?", well now I know.

You guys are lucky...my son just turned 4....and, as in most instances...the conversation goes like this:

"Daddy, are you watching wrestilng again?"

"Yeah buddy wanna come watch it with me?"

"No, I dont"

"Why?"

"I think its stupid..."

My head then drops in sorrow realizing that talking about it so much around the house and him hearing my wife say "can you stop talking about that, I dont care..." has gotten to him...there is much work to be done..

He really should get a job at a larger accountancy firm where there's more likely to be a wrestling fan. Although in a workforce of 16 people the odds of no-one else at least being a lapsed fan must be pretty low, right? WWE surveys tell me there must be at least 300,000 wrestling fans in Dublin alone? That's not counting the people who commute there for work too.

Also, he needs to soundproof his bedroom. He might be waking his missus up a lot this year, otherwise.

I don't know, must have been a slow news day?

Lance Russell and Dave Brown will be ringside calling a Jerry Lawler match in front of 18,000 people in Memphis Saturday night. In 2015!

Lance put this on his FB page - "Good Morning, this is one of those special days that really got started yesterday, when "The King" gave me an unexpected call and asked, "How'd you like to come back home this weekend to enjoy seeing lots of old friends, some great basketball and best of all, a bit of that special "Memphis Wrestling?"

I'm excited to announce that Dave Brown and I will be participating in "Memphis Wrestling Night", at the Grizzlies game, Saturday Jan. 31st at the FedEx Forum. We will be rooting for the Grizzlies when they take on the OK Thunder.

At halftime, Dave and I will be ringside, calling the action in a match that Jerry Lawler will be participating in. Rumor has it, that "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair will be making an appearance."

He really should get a job at a larger accountancy firm where there's more likely to be a wrestling fan. Although in a workforce of 16 people the odds of no-one else at least being a lapsed fan must be pretty low, right? WWE surveys tell me there must be at least 300,000 wrestling fans in Dublin alone? That's not counting the people who commute there for work too.

Also, he needs to soundproof his bedroom. He might be waking his missus up a lot this year, otherwise.

I don't know, must have been a slow news day?

Whatever happened to the big crybaby who got so upset Rock beat Punk at the Rumble he just made a video of him screaming and smashing up all his wrestling stuff?

Lance Russell and Dave Brown will be ringside calling a Jerry Lawler match in front of 18,000 people in Memphis Saturday night. In 2015!

Lance put this on his FB page - "Good Morning, this is one of those special days that really got started yesterday, when "The King" gave me an unexpected call and asked, "How'd you like to come back home this weekend to enjoy seeing lots of old friends, some great basketball and best of all, a bit of that special "Memphis Wrestling?"

I'm excited to announce that Dave Brown and I will be participating in "Memphis Wrestling Night", at the Grizzlies game, Saturday Jan. 31st at the FedEx Forum. We will be rooting for the Grizzlies when they take on the OK Thunder.

At halftime, Dave and I will be ringside, calling the action in a match that Jerry Lawler will be participating in. Rumor has it, that "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair will be making an appearance."

How'd this turn out? What happened at halftime?

I am trying to figure out where that ring was in the Lawler match. Looks like it was in the upper deck area because if the ropes would have broke or someone went over top they would fall about 40 feet to their death. Like it was a scaffold match where the ring was on the scaffold :o