Pro Wrestling Only

WWE acquires the Watts video library

rovert

What are the matches with the new Ross commentary?

I just started watching and so far it's Duggan/ DiBiase Tuxedo/ Cage/ Glove match and Magnum TA/ Mr. Wrestling 2 vs Midnights in the losers get strapped 10 times, 5 times per team member, match, where 2 turns on Magnum, Magnum takes the whipping saying he'll take all ten, and Terry Taylor comes in to take the 5 strap shots that 2 would have taken. It has JR in totally awesome mode. He's commentating like he was there live seeing this for the first time, and it's fucking awesome. He never says anything to indicate that it isn't the original call. I can't say enough about this.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll co-sign on this being a great complimentary piece to the Mid-South set. I'll give credit to WWE for getting the match listing right as you really have the best Mid-South has to offer here. I still don't understand why there was no full documentary for this. The HHH set will have a documentary......have they only been doing those for current WWE wrestlers vs. the older stuff? It was also refreshing to have ONLY the people relevant to Mid-South talking so no HHH or John Cena stuffed in here.

I pre-ordered my blu-ray online at Best Buy and was there a few minutes after it opened and saw no other copies of this in any format. I was also in the store Saturday and saw the Madison Square Garden set in both formats. Yesterday those were gone as well so I don't know if they got moved or purchased. I did look around and didn't see either set in store. I know Best Buy is reducing their in store movie section so that might be part of it. The sports section is pretty bare bones.

Also kudos to the guys who put together the 80's Mid-South set!!! You REALLY got it right!!

Taylor/Flair has Ross commentary.

Almost finished with the first disc of the blu ray set. I did not see the '80s Mid South set. This really seems like a good introduction though to the promotion. Of course you're not going to see everything, but they have good highlights selected. There's three Midnight Express matches on the first disc. This is the first I've really seen of Mr. Wrestling II, and it's good to see more of Matt Borne.

Nice to see so many folks have picked this up and that they are enjoying it. I do like these type of sets to sell well so that WWE will continue to release dvd/blu rays outside their current roster guys. Probably won't get into this right away but I'll catch a match here and there and work through it.

I never get tired of seeing the Rock N' Rolls be the dumbest good guys ever by having Robert demonstrate how a straitjacket works by getting completely tied up in it, only to have the MXE storm the ring and kick the shit out of them. :lol:

Oh yeah. Even parts of the crowd were screaming, "can't you see how this is going to end?!"