Pro Wrestling Only

Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

I thought the ballpark stadium show looked awesome, and nobody could have possibly thought it was under attended due to seeing some empty seats. It looked like one of the biggest ROH shows I've ever seen. The ringside area was as full as ever, but then you had rows and rows of the grandstand filled. The show looked huge. Way more impressive visuals than a full community center.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought the ballpark stadium show looked awesome, and nobody could have possibly thought it was under attended due to seeing some empty seats. It looked like one of the biggest ROH shows I've ever seen. The ringside area was as full as ever, but then you had rows and rows of the grandstand filled. The show looked huge. Way more impressive visuals than a full community center.

On the VOD it looked big time.

Capacity of MCU Park (Cyclones Stadium) is 7,500, plus they had seats on the field, so yeah, no way have they ever done a show that would be close to that figure. Wrestling in ballparks is awesome, but it is true that the scope of the field and seating do have a funny way of both being really fun but also making the ring itself seem small. Just a different experience, but that venue is a hundred times better than the other New York options they've used of late.

I thought the crowd looked great. The commentary was too low and the ring seemed especially loud. Some of the camera angles were off too since they aren't used to running ballparks. That said the primary reasons I figure they put this on TV was due to the large crowd & how awesome Okada/Strong was. Both were huge positives for the company despite the fact that the TV is so far outdated from modern day. I also enjoyed the aspect that this could be an unintentional troll of GFW who totally looked bush league in running minor league baseball stadiums.

• 2 weeks later...

I ring announced a show at the end of September that BJ's girlfriend was wrestling on, and he accompanied her. We asked him if he wanted to work, and he said that he was still recovering from knee surgery. So I am assuming the surgery is legit, but he wasn't using crutches or anything when I saw him, so he is likely further along in his recovery than he is portraying on television.

After finally seeing him live, Michael Elgin is just absolute dogshit as a wrestler. His matches lack structure. He loves doing all this cute shit during the matches that undermine the type of wrestler he's supposed to be. And he just doesn't have a fucking clue. Last night is a perfect example. He hit a powerbomb for a two count, what the fuck is the difference between that and the spinning powerbomb he used to finish the match? Just dumb match building.

Lethal cheated at one point and the referee told him to stop and he innocently said "What?" Lethal and Strong were jabbering a lot back and forth about working together. That was actually really interesting as they really built their rivalry.

Daniels countered a move on Bennett and Bennett said "oh crap" as he was falling.

Rowe walked by us at one point and said to our section "that shit hurts."

Dalton Castle was massaging the back of the time keeper during the heel intros and just being himself. On the same note. Castle was saying stuff to Moose on the apron during the main event and Moose was cracking up.

I thought the Boys were really interesting close up. They never stop reacting during the match.