Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That bothers me as well. The most aerial move Young should have is a dropkick. He needs a lariat as a finisher and just be a brawler or a guy that works the mat. I love the character but he doesn't wrestle like his character.

If he dropped the few flying moves he'd be my favourite current wrestler.

I understand the guy wants to show off a little & "impress" the audience with his athleticism - but there are wiser ways to go about accomplishing that AND still fitting within the context of his character. I'd rather see him take chances with risky dives and desperation stuff in frantic, chaotic brawls than setting up contrived corner spots for flips & flops and whatnot.

It's just a bad habit he could really afford to outgrow, especially with the exposure the ROH/DA deal could potentially offer him in the future.

I know a lot of people love Young, but I really don't see it with him. This may be a case where people who see him live are much more into him, but to me he's just a guy. He's good at certain things, but I've never seen anything out of him that makes me believe he should be pushed harder than he is

This is where I am on Silas. I feel he's a solid worker, with decent charisma. Besides Elgin on the ROH roster I can't see who anyone Young would be better in their spot.

That really says it. I like him and think he fits in well where slotted. But I can't say I have any desire to see him featured beyond that role.

Mad Dog - when was that match? I'd like to seek it out.

Completely agree with everyone on Silas. That headstand in the corner is by far the worst move in ROH right now. It is so disconnected from his look and motivation.

I like the idea of a comedy tag team for a bit - he could eventually even turn baby face out of that.

Why can't a "real man" do the flashy moves? I'd imagine that the "real man" stuff is about how he presents himself and his attitude, not what moves he does. That's how I took him the first time I saw him. If he was calling himself "Old School Real Man" then fine, the moves would be a problem. And he's a bad guy doing something wacky that can always be turned around on him because he was being a show off. And that IS old school.

The VOD is still messed up from the ppv. ROH is still promoting the VOD. This makes them look bush league. They need to be accountable .

Especially when they're charging what they are for what amounts to an iPPV stream through UStream. I finally stopped trying to pick things up 2 hours in and at least got a good portion into the main event. Fortunately I caught the last 20 or so minutes of the main live.

With the recent talk of Elgin making the G1 lineup and being protected at Best In The World, I just thought I'd ask - what exactly did happen with Elgin and his ROH Title run? I've heard rumors & stuff in bits and pieces, but I never really understood the situation I guess.

So what did Elgin do to screw himself over? And how'd he wind up back in the good graces of ROH, to the point where they're vouching for him to get a spot with New Japan?

He was jobbing in smaller indies a lot. Notably Trevor Lee in PWG. He was also wrestling women in competitive matches. They didn't like that he wasn't protecting the belt at all.

He also was making noise that he was going to try out for baseball. This was after the fact but he also screwed up his visa and couldn't come into the country for 90 days.