Pro Wrestling Only

Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

I don't hate ROH trying to use Bull to sell some extra tickets to NXT die hards when they used him for that show in Florida when they first brought him in. But there's no reason to still use him now. He's not very good & is not a dude that fits in a workrate promotion.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As for Bubba, fuck him. He's really a horrible person, as he shows on twitter.

Care to elaborate ? (he's got that assholish reputation forever, but twitter is the pits in term of acting like a dick)

I can't post images, because he's blocked me. Trump supporter and all the worst qualities that go with that. We'll leave it there.

As for Bubba, fuck him. He's really a horrible person, as he shows on twitter.

Care to elaborate ? (he's got that assholish reputation forever, but twitter is the pits in term of acting like a dick)

I can't post images, because he's blocked me. Trump supporter and all the worst qualities that go with that. We'll leave it there.

Ok, thanks for the answer. Well, of the two Dudleys, it was always "D-Von is a cool guy, Bubba is a complete dick", so…

Went to Saturday's event in Manhattan. Was a lot of fun, the place went crazy when the Hardy's came out. But it seems that's already been discussed on this board. I actually had no idea about Bubba Ray Dudley. My friend I went with isn't a big wrestling fan so he was just hurrying me to leave after the main event ended.

Twitter seems to think the idea that the Hardys "signed" with ROH is a work and they're just there for a month until after WrestleMania at which point they immediately go to WWE. I really don't think it's so cut & dry as "WWE can offer more money" because WWE could also offer more money than TNA but The Hardys were going to stay there until TNA started fucking around at the last minute.

The Hardys would mean way more to ROH's business than they would to WWE's. I could see ROH giving Hardys pretty much whatever they wanted in a contract to get them to sign, including creative control, which I don't think WWE would ever offer. ROH also would allow the Hardys to keep making their own schedule and work for pretty much anyone else that is not on iPPV when they aren't working for ROH. Matt has gotten used to being around Maxel all the time and has another kid on the way, I don't think he has any desire to go back to working a full time WWE schedule.

I also wonder if the ROH + indy + gimmick table money actually gets in the range of what WWE's offer was. How much was Vince really putting on the table for those two guys to use a gimmick he didn't create, that thrived on them dreaming up absurd things that Vince probably had no interest in putting on his show?

On the topic of Hardys now having a door to NJ, obviously Gedo loves booking Americans that don't fit in his company, but boy what a bizarre thing that would be. Also I have to wonder how much longer NJ is going to keep working with ROH now that they're setting up their own shows in the US without ROH involvement.

I know people have said Jeff Hardy won't be allowed in Japan due to a previous drug conviction but if Baba was able to pull strings to get them to let Dr Death come back to work for All Japan, I gotta think New Japan could probably pull some strings.

Every ROH ppv I always forget than am shocked by the price. What ROH is saying with this price is:

ROH PPV = WrestleMania, NXT Take Over, EVOLVE 80 & 81, Joey Janella's show, Beyond, WWN Supershow, ACW

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. They don't even put up the shows immediately for the Ringside Members. I guess they feel they get enough buys to justify it, but you'd have to think they'd do well with a proper streaming network deal.

The Hardys can't go in straight matches anymore. Matt especially at times looks like he has trouble walking. The actual wrestling they've done in front of live audiences has been the worst part of Broken Saga stuff. I mean, that's kind of why they went with this gimmick, to hide that they can't really work straight matches anymore. Bubba certainly didn't look good in the last WWE run. Daniels is still probably the same consistent slightly above average wonder he's been for 30 years, I'll give you that.

The Hardys can't go in straight matches anymore. Matt especially at times looks like he has trouble walking. The actual wrestling they've done in front of live audiences has been the worst part of Broken Saga stuff. I mean, that's kind of why they went with this gimmick, to hide that they can't really work straight matches anymore. Bubba certainly didn't look good in the last WWE run. Daniels is still probably the same consistent slightly above average wonder he's been for 30 years, I'll give you that.

Daniels... he's not someone I really want to see as a singles now. He's still good in tags because he can split the workload and he still has starpower at his age. But he's lost a step and I don't think RoH has the caliber of workers to really bring out the best in him.

Every ROH ppv I always forget than am shocked by the price. What ROH is saying with this price is:

ROH PPV = WrestleMania, NXT Take Over, EVOLVE 80 & 81, Joey Janella's show, Beyond, WWN Supershow, ACW[/size]

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. They don't even put up the shows immediately for the Ringside Members. I guess they feel they get enough buys to justify it, but you'd have to think they'd do well with a proper streaming network deal.

The lack of a network is what keeps me from even bothering following them closely. They are just way behind the current scene. I can get a whole month of WWE and Highspots for like 60% of one ROH PPV.