Pro Wrestling Only

Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

I don't know if there's any substance behind it, but there's been rumblings for a while that people were growing frustrated with Delirious's direction for the company. It's been cited as the reason guys aren't re-signing and why Corino left.

I'll never get how someone like Joe Koff (who I like and I think is the main reason ROH is still even around) would let Delirious manage that staff the way he does. Awful communication skills and what i'd imagine is a continued source of frustration for both the locker room and office.

With the recent stuff about Keith Lee's last weekend, again Delirious can't even tell a guy he isn't booked. I don't even blame the company for cutting his dates once he signed with WWN (they blew off the Briscoes feud and then cut his last date), but you're a bad manager if you can't even talk to a guy to explain the deal.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good crowd in Pittsburgh for the tapings last night, saw the picture Cary posted and also heard from a contact there. Possibly double what they pulled in the fall. That's two good TV crowds to start the year, in good venues, which is critical to getting over with the syndicated audience.

They really should have set the cameras up in Atlanta so you could appreciate Center Stage better and see the crowd.

Watching this week's TV show right now and very much enjoying Colt Cabana on color. Big improvement over Corino and Nigel (moreso over Corino, who cuts a great promo but was really bad as announcer).

Corino tended to drift away from the match in the match. Steve starting talking about all kinds of stupid things that had nothing to do with the match in the ring. He forget his job is to get the product over not a be a stand up comedian . Regarding Kelly I am not sure that he is gone from ROH . Kelly is still twitting about ROH . I would not be shock in he returns in a part time role.

• 3 weeks later...

ROH bringing in Bully Ray and The Hardys at the same time is kinda weird. I think people are going to assume that will lead to some type of 3 way Dudley/Bucks/Hardys match but D-Von is still under contract with WWE and works as a producer/agent. Bubba is 4 years older and probably about 30 pounds heavier than he was during that Bully Ray TNA run people kept saying was so good & I don't see this ROH run replicating that kind of positive response.

I have no idea what the point of a long-term Bully Ray run would be. It was a fun moment for a pop, but he doesn't really fit the ROH style in any way.

The Hardy moment... wow. Much of the crowd stood for the entire match. The match was right before intermission, and it was a mob scene as they went to the gimmick table. A really amazing vibe. This feels like it has the potential to be a real shot in the arm for ROH, because of the energy around them right now and the way they break up the monotony that can set in at an ROH show.

Twitter seems to think the idea that the Hardys "signed" with ROH is a work and they're just there for a month until after WrestleMania at which point they immediately go to WWE. I really don't think it's so cut & dry as "WWE can offer more money" because WWE could also offer more money than TNA but The Hardys were going to stay there until TNA started fucking around at the last minute.

The Hardys would mean way more to ROH's business than they would to WWE's. I could see ROH giving Hardys pretty much whatever they wanted in a contract to get them to sign, including creative control, which I don't think WWE would ever offer. ROH also would allow the Hardys to keep making their own schedule and work for pretty much anyone else that is not on iPPV when they aren't working for ROH. Matt has gotten used to being around Maxel all the time and has another kid on the way, I don't think he has any desire to go back to working a full time WWE schedule.

I get the Hardys and Cody , they are draws for ROH. However can Bubba Dudley work in ROH ? I guess we are going to find out.

Bull James , Alex Reynolds , John Silver and Maxwell Jacob Feinstein were backstage , so I would guess they are being bought in to build the undercard . The ROH fans seem to have some irrational hatred of Bull James . Don't know why ? Because he is overweight ? Those 4 plus John Skyler, Josh Woods and Curt Stallion should really help rebuilt the roster after the losses to Evolve and NXT . Drew Galloway and Mike Bennett are out there in free agent land . I would think Bennett would return , holding out hope for Galloway . Also I wonder if Sonjay Dutt had a one shot deal or is going to return

The company has lost Roderick Strong , Moose , Kyle O'Reilly , Michael Elgin , Kyle O' Reilly , Donovan Dijak , Keith Lee, Jason Kincaid and maybe Bobby Fish , Lio Rush and Adam Cole. I am assuming Ray Rowe and Hanson are sticking around for a while. I ROH has done a good job of filling roster spots and the company hopefully will not miss a beat.

Hopefully ROH will get some mileage of Hardys/ Bucks feud , the Scurll TV Title run and Will Ospreay while the new guys are getting over. Some be an interesting few months.

I get the Hardys and Cody , they are draws for ROH. However can Bubba Dudley work in ROH ? I guess we are going to find out.

Bull James , Alex Reynolds , John Silver and Maxwell Jacob Feinstein were backstage , so I would guess they are being bought in to build the undercard . The ROH fans seem to have some irrational hatred of Bull James . Don't know why ? Because he is overweight ? Those 4 plus John Skyler, Josh Woods and Curt Stallion should really help rebuilt the roster after the losses to Evolve and NXT . Drew Galloway and Mike Bennett are out there in free agent land . I would think Bennett would return , holding out hope for Galloway . Also I wonder if Sonjay Dutt had a one shot deal or is going to return

The company has lost Roderick Strong , Moose , Kyle O'Reilly , Michael Elgin , Kyle O' Reilly , Donovan Dijak , Keith Lee, Jason Kincaid and maybe Bobby Fish , Lio Rush and Adam Cole. I am assuming Ray Rowe and Hanson are sticking around for a while. I ROH has done a good job of filling roster spots and the company hopefully will not miss a beat.

Hopefully ROH will get some mileage of Hardys/ Bucks feud , the Scurll TV Title run and Will Ospreay while the new guys are getting over. Some be an interesting few months.

Lol. It's because he's a NXT reject who doesn't fit in a workrate promotion (or whatever ROH tries to be these days) and clearly got booked just because he was an ex WWE guy they could roll out . That your first thought would be "is it because he's fat?" is hilarious. A company that books the Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, and brings in Okada/Tanahashi fairly regularly. Weird that that audience doesn't give a shit about Bull Dempsey.

ROH signing Hardy's is a brilliant move. Give the creative control and let them do whatever.

As for Bubba, fuck him. He's really a horrible person, as he shows on twitter. He's not going to add anything and there is way better talent out there.

Lol. It's because he's a NXT reject who doesn't fit in a workrate promotion (or whatever ROH tries to be these days) and clearly got booked just because he was an ex WWE guy they could roll out . That your first thought would be "is it because he's fat?" is hilarious. A company that books the Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, and brings in Okada/Tanahashi fairly regularly. Weird that that audience doesn't give a shit about Bull Dempsey.

And you could literally find hundreds of guys on the indy scene with more upside that you could have brought in instead of Bull James.