Pro Wrestling Only

Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

They do have a streaming service with most of their back catalog, do they not? ROH World or something like that.

It's called a ringside membership it gets you early access and discounts on tickets mainly but it does also give you the ability to watch the TV online earlier and a selection of older VODs but it's never anything super current and they add and remove stuff so it's more like a digital version of WWE classics

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They do have a streaming service with most of their back catalog, do they not? ROH World or something like that.

It's called a ringside membership it gets you early access and discounts on tickets mainly but it does also give you the ability to watch the TV online earlier and a selection of older VODs but it's never anything super current and they add and remove stuff so it's more like a digital version of WWE classics

Plus no Roku or Apple TV app. Are they not capable of getting a PivotShare channel like HighSpots, CZDub, AAW, et al? It's not like there is any other effective way to monetize their back catalog short of just selling it to WWE eventually. There are many, many shows that aren't in print on DVD anymore so it's not like they'd even be cannibalizing that revenue stream (and I'd assume that it's mostly dry anyhow aside from the completist collectors). It's just a waste.

I was shocked when I went looking for certain old ROH matches and simply could not find them. I'm sitting here with money in my hand, willing to fork over a reasonable about for certain old shows, and apparently they are just like, nah, we don't want it. Something they seriously need to work on, promotions a fraction of their size are lapping them in terms of making their back catalogue profitable.

At that point you should have no compunctions just finding a torrent of whole years of ROH events, which are very easy to find online. It should be so fucking easy to digitize a master of all their old events and make them available for download, but if they're not going to, just got to XWT or whatever and cut them out of the easy money they could have had by doing the most basic of things.

I still have the ROH weekend DVDs from when Kenta Kobashi was there, including the Kenta Kobashi Vs. Samoa Joe match. In fact, I believe those are the only wrestling DVDs I still have at all. I unloaded all of the rest.

WWE Network made owning old WWF or WCW shows kinda obsolete. The ECW DVDs never had the music anyway and that was half the fun of the show.

I find it to be a pretty telling statement of current Ring of Honor that the past two winners of their Top Prospect Tournament (Donovan Dijak and Lio Rush) are now both working for EVOLVE. In fact, most of the guys who have worked those tournaments aren't with the company anymore, and of those who are, only Dalton Castle has anything resembling a push. I'd love to see Will Ferrara or LSG get a bit more than they've had to work with over the past year, but then again, I'm biased, having worked with both in UWC. But this certainly doesn't help the narrative that ROH is not a good place to work if you're a young talent looking to get noticed.

Is there a period where ROH TV was compelling on a week to week basis? Looking for a new/old wrestling TV show to binge, but I get the sense ROH has always focused on whole shows to the detriment of having a good TV show.

CWF worldwide is the answer, either that or old NWA wildside

NWA Anarchy is extremely compelling television but I don't know where you would find it anymore.

Is there a period where ROH TV was compelling on a week to week basis? Looking for a new/old wrestling TV show to binge, but I get the sense ROH has always focused on whole shows to the detriment of having a good TV show.

NWA Anarchy is extremely compelling television but I don't know where you would find it anymore.

still a bunch of them here

https://www.youtube.com/user/colepromedia/videos

Yea CWF Worldwide is the way to go. Very good weekly TV with a pretty good amount of variety in the types of wrestlers who work there. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMIr13_npmhVaKO0II0V6XmeXaVi2bl8V