Pro Wrestling Only

Jerry Lawler in serious condition

Strummer

Honky Tonk Man brought up a great point this morning about him having this happen in Aruba this weekend. He would've been dead.

He would've been dead if he was anywhere other than Raw or a PPV.

Yep, he is damn lucky it happened where it did. Where else outside of a hospital would he have had a full team of EMTs able to rush to his aid and save his life?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopeful for a full recovery. Hope to see The King further pursue his amazing drawing ability as he is an amazing artist. That will certainly not put any strain on his heart.

I did not watch RAW last night as Monday Night Football was a double-header. That being said, after finding about all of this stuff, I have no interest in watching the show. It would just be too uncomfortable.

I wonder what WWE does from here, even if Lawler makes a full recovery he's going to be out for a long time it seems. They don't seem to trust someone like Matt Striker or Josh Matthews for more than one segment at a time on the A show. As much as it would improve things, it would suck if this is what drove them to put JR back on full time at least for a little while.

I think they should let Cole fly solo. My guess is that is what they'll do until they find a decent enough partner for him to go from there until some type of announcement is made as to whether Jerry will return at all.

I found this on Twitter just now

Jerry Lawler update from his son Brian Christopher: "Ok, here’s the latest real update. Lauren and I are here at the hospital in Montreal. He does not look good at all. He is responsive to questions that he is asked which is very good. His sedation and breathing support are being lowered slowly right now. He was shocked a total of 7 times at the arena and underwent a balloon stint to open up a clogged artery when he arrived at hospital. Everyone out there needs to say a special prayer for his brain at this point, please. Tests on his brain will not be available until the morning. One of us two will keep all you guys informed as we know more"

I wonder what WWE does from here, even if Lawler makes a full recovery he's going to be out for a long time it seems. They don't seem to trust someone like Matt Striker or Josh Matthews for more than one segment at a time on the A show. As much as it would improve things, it would suck if this is what drove them to put JR back on full time at least for a little while.

They could do the rotating color commentator gimmick they did a few weeks back for a bit. I am guessing JBL or Foley head in, as has been rumored anyway.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/12/jerry-the-ki...and-responsive/

TMZ spoke with Kevin Lawler ... who tells us, "[Jerry] is hooked up to tubes and is still not able to speak … but he's writing stuff on a notepad to talk to people."

"Not just brief notes, but detailed stories which show he knows where he is and what is going on.”

Amazing.