Pro Wrestling Only

Jerry Lawler in serious condition

Strummer

.. can't sleep. not yet at least. Can we belay the Bret/Vince/Show Going On stuff until tomorrow at least? Until we know stuff more definitively, for our own sakes. There's something to discuss there, I know, but especially with dvdvr down, just as a favor? If not, it's okay. I don't blame you guys for being stir crazy and having to talk about SOMETHING. I wouldn't hold that against you.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wade Keller wrote this on his Facebook just now.

"It is so sad to me that when real life health emergencies like tonight's on Raw with Jerry Lawler, because WWE has reenacted the scene the night Owen Hart died so many times to sell storylines, that people don't know when it's real or not real, even when Cole stresses that this "is not part of tonight's entertainment." WWE should have never reenacted the distressed look on the faces of announcers that resembled the night Owen died to get across worked storylines, because the emails I'm getting asking "if this is real" would be less likely to be happening. - W.K."

Jim Ross ‏@JRsBBQ

No updates on the King. Hospitalized in Montreal. Tests being done. Going to be a long night here in Okla. Wish I was in Montreal. Pray.

Don't know if we're going to get any real updates tonight. Figured J.R.'s twitter would be the best place to look but he just posted that 15 mins ago.

I was unfortunate enough to have a co worker have a heart attack near me and need to be taken out by paramedics, and the sounds he made were similar to what Lawler was making. Certainly hope everything works out as well for Jerry as it did for my friend (he came back to work after a couple of months).

Also, kudos to Michael Cole. He gets a lot of shit, but he held things together like a true professional despite being noticeably shaken up.

Dave confirmed not only was it a heart attack, but the EMTs most likely saved his life at ringside/backstage. You never wish for this to happen, but if it has to, it's better that it occurs at an event where there's a full complement of trained professionals on hand seconds away.

Certainly not the news I wanted to hear about this morning. Best wishes to Lawler for a speedy recovery.

Sounds like Cole did a heck of a job keeping people informed and I certainly understand why he would not do commentary the rest of the night.

Let's hope this is the last time we see Lawler wrestle again. That isn't the type of thing a 62-year-old man should be doing, even if it's just once in a while.

"WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler will undergo heart surgery today, according to website of WMC-TV, based out of Memphis. This comes after a catherization performed early this morning showed a severely blocked artery. The artery is 98% blocked."

King still fighting!

Where was that posted? WMC hasn't posted that on their site yet.

"WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler will undergo heart surgery today, according to website of WMC-TV, based out of Memphis. This comes after a catherization performed early this morning showed a severely blocked artery. The artery is 98% blocked."

King still fighting!

Where was that posted? WMC hasn't posted that on their site yet.

Wrestlechat is where I saw it. I don't trust many sites out there, but they are usually pretty good. I am not usually a "post newz" guy...figured this situation calls for it.

http://wrestlechat.net/jerry-lawler-to-und...ery-98-blocked/

Actually, I should've read that quote closer.

http://wrestlechat.net/jerry-lawler-to-und...ery-98-blocked/

WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler will undergo heart surgery today, according to website of WMC-TV, based out of Memphis. This comes after a catherization performed early this morning showed a severely blocked artery. The artery is 98% blocked.

There's only one story at WMC.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/19507908/jerry-...om-heart-attack

Jerry "The King" Lawler will have heart surgery Tuesday after suffering a heart attack during an WWE event Monday night.

That's the only information on WMC's site that we didn't know last night, so unless WMC posted and deleted it, then no, it's not legit.