Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-05-05-USWA-Championship Sports] Steve Austin and Chris Adams

Loss

• 1 month later...

Austin is on his way to the top! He owns two pairs of Adams' boots, his ex-wife and even his dog, who he claims to be abusing. Not cool. Jeanne has a few words for Chris herself, and Adams is out to interrupt. He wants to know why she is here. She tells him she can do whatever she wants and Austin ends up attacking Adams, who makes his own comeback. He grabs a chair, but Jeanne ends up spraying Chris in the eyes. Marc Lowrance thinks it's TEAR GAS THAT KEEPS WOMEN FROM GETTING RAPED, which is sadly one of the most sensible things I've heard a man say about rape all year. Pretty angle-heavy show. We haven't even scratched the surface on this feud yet.

Marc Lowrance thinks it's TEAR GAS THAT KEEPS WOMEN FROM GETTING RAPED, which is sadly one of the most sensible things I've heard a man say about rape all year.

Adams' body should have just simply shut the effects of the tear gas down.

This is an absolutely loaded TV program, and I'm assuming May sweeps is making its presence felt here as well.

"FEE, FI, FO, FUM! I SMELL THE BLOOD OF AN ENGLISHMAN!"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Austin has Adam’s old boots and his ex-wife. He also has his dog which he likes to kick around. Jeannie thinks Adams is jealous of Austin. Adams and Jeannie gets face to face so Austin attacks Chris. They roll around on the floor before Adams gets the advantage. Jeannie has some tear gas according to Marc Lowrance. She sprays it in Adams eyes. Marc seems more concerned that his chair is being used in the attack.

• 3 weeks later...

This was an awesome angle. Austin was his best yet on the mike. Rape was mentioned on the air. They destroy Marc's chair, but it is spelled Mark on the back.

Maybe it was more a comment on how the promotion felt about Marc Lowrance?

More heat put on what has been an entertaining angle so far. Austin shows great poise on the microphone and continues to look like a future star. Lowrance mentions that Jeannie may keep tear gas in her purse to keep from getting raped, which is a good idea, what with hanging out in the same building as Bill Dundee every week and all.

• 3 months later...

This was an awesome angle. Austin was his best yet on the mike. Rape was mentioned on the air. They destroy Marc's chair, but it is spelled Mark on the back.

Maybe it was more a comment on how the promotion felt about Marc Lowrance?

More heat put on what has been an entertaining angle so far. Austin shows great poise on the microphone and continues to look like a future star. Lowrance mentions that Jeannie may keep tear gas in her purse to keep from getting raped, which is a good idea, what with hanging out in the same building as Bill Dundee every week and all.

Shit, I was about to make that very joke.

I got a helluva kick out of Marc trying his damdest to remember the word "mace". It was right on his tongue. I went into Teacher Mode going "c'mon, Marc. You know this. I know you know this..."

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

We know that Austin's improving by leaps and bounds every week, but Jeannie has the makings of quite a bitchy valet, too. It's a shame that they were getting divorced right as Steve was making it big in the WWF, because I could see them involving her against Linda and Steph, plus giving Mr. McMahon the odd crotch shot or two. (She was the one who gave Steve the nickname "Stone Cold", according to at least one legend.)

What a way for Marc to go out; having his chair destroyed in the middle of an angle. It fits, though. I caught the misspelling on the back of the chair, and it was most likely laziness rather than an editorial comment.

I know that the purpose of this feud was to get Austin over and give him a leg up in the business, but even at that, Adams is coming off as whiny and slow-witted here. He needs to score at least a small victory before this feud gets totally one-sided and boring.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Post-match interview after an Austin squash and Marc Lowrance says that the question Chris Adams is asking is ‘Why?’ Austin says that Chris Adams doesn’t ask him any questions, no-one asks the ‘Stunning One’ anything. He knows what he’s doing and with Jeannie by his side he will go right to the top. He own his boots (two pairs!), he owns his ex-wife and he owns him. He even went over to Jeannie’s the other day and he got his old dog! He’s tied up in the backyard and every day that he goes over to see Jeannie he kicks that dog with everything he’s got, just like he kicks Chris Adams’ butt in that ring. Jeannie says that she’s known Chris longer than anybody and he’s just a cry baby. All he does is cry and whine when things don’t go the way he wants and he’s just jealous of Steve Austin because he’s a real man.

Adams joins them and Austin tells him to get out of there as this is their interview time. Adams tells him to keep out of this and he’ll deal with him in a minute. He asks Jeannie why after ten years and five years separated does she now suddenly come on the scene? What is it about him and his business that she’s poking her nose into and why? She says that she can do whatever she likes and doesn’t have to ask him for anything. She goes to slap him but he blocks it and Austin blindsides him. He starts beating on Adams with Jeannie enjoying every minute of it. Adams gets back into it and the two of them start fighting around ringside and eventually into the ring. Adams brings a chair in there, but when he goes over to Austin Jeannie sprays hairspray in his face. Austin rams Adams’ head into the chair busting him open and Jeannie then gets in the ring herself. Austin continues to put the boots to Austin and they leave him lying bloody in the middle of the ring as Austin shouts ‘Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman!’

Austin was great here both in the promo, the brawl and the beat down and you can see the improvement with each passing week. Jeannie is fine standing there looking all vixen like but it’s a different matter when she has to do something. She’s not the best of talkers and the slap that Adams blocked looked bad and was one that Stevie Wonder could have seen coming. She’s still early into her career as an onscreen performer so hopefully she’ll improve with time or when Toni arrives, but the men have been fantastic so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

"FEE, FI, FO, FUM! I SMELL THE BLOOD OF AN ENGLISHMAN!"

Classic Austin already.

I've seen better beatings, but Adams is making the most out of it and makes Austin looks great. The mace was quite bitchy. Fun to see Austin's first major angle, and he looked the part. Him and Jeannie are great together. Too bad she didn't stay that long in WCW.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-05-05-USWA-Championship Sports] Steve Austin and Chris Adams