Pro Wrestling Only

FLIK's spelling

Loss

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, what's funny is i've had Tigerpride on ignore for like 2 months now so I never actually read any of his post unless they get quoted by others. He took to harrasing me via PM for a while too until I figured out you can block ppl from sending you those as well.

I'm way way too old to possibly give a fuck beyond that so I just move on about my business otherwise

I wasn't harassing him on IM, I simply asked him why he spelled it whear and thear. He sent back a curt response, so I sent him another message, just saying I really want to know why he does it.

So seriously, why does he spell it whear and thear? Is there some joke that people are not in on?

I don't know FLIK but I am going to take a guess:

He is upset that Obama got re-elected and is part of the crowd that wants to secede from the union. FLIK has been put in charge of establishing the language for this new Obama-less nation and that's how he wants where and there spelled.

No, no need for it to be an omnibus grammar thread. It's also not to single anyone out for bad writing. The problem is more that the criticism of FLIK's spelling gets repeated over and over, and he contributes so many other positives in terms of enthusiasm and match recommendations that it's not a big deal for me. So the purpose of this is for everyone to get it out of their systems so we can move past it. This is targeted more at FLIK's critics than FLIK.

No because math is real. You can't change 2+2. Grammar rules are in place, because some king nerd decided that is just how it is.

But isn't saying you don't recognize the difference between "of" and "have" like saying you don't recognize the difference between 2 and 3?

I JUST BLEW YOUR MIND.

:)

No, no need for it to be an omnibus grammar thread. It's also not to single anyone out for bad writing. The problem is more that the criticism of FLIK's spelling gets repeated over and over, and he contributes so many other positives in terms of enthusiasm and match recommendations that it's not a big deal for me. So the purpose of this is for everyone to get it out of their systems so we can move past it. This is targeted more at FLIK's critics than FLIK.

Any positive contributions FLIK has are cancelled out by the fact that his inability and/or refusal to spell two common words like where and there make him seem like a retard and thus negate any point he ever tries to make. Why can't he just explain why he does it? At this point, he has to know how those words are spelled.

I do kind of wonder if it's a really dumb attempt at personal branding. I don't really consider myself a critic of FLIK for his unrepentant unwillingness/inability to adhere to traditional spelling of common adverbs any more than I'd consider myself a critic of people who use quotation marks for emphasis or the guy who drops his pants in front of Sam's Club.