Pro Wrestling Only

Dream Tag Team Match-ups

goodhelmet

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The British Bulldogs Vs. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard

There was a brief taste of that in the '88 Survivor Series match.

They had one and only one straight tag match as well, at a house show in Columbus, OH that I've long been racking my brain trying to remember if I went to or not. I guess the fact that I can't remember indicates that it wasn't overly special.

LCO (circa 97) vs Crush Gals (in their prime). Mita and Shimoda making Chiggy BLEED like a pig and having fun doing it, the sick bitches they were. Make a return match in a cage, I'm sure Lioness can come up with some stupid spot Mita would be more than willing to take. Greatest matches ever.

LCO vs. Dynamite/Oz. The best joshi team of the era vs. maybe the best team on average performance ever. All four matchups provide obvious dividends, though the one that sticks out would have been Dyno-Mita as an ersatz Aja-Kyoko, with hate to spare. Bonus points for versatility, too-- they could keep it in the ring or just completely brawl and have a great match either way, plus the ability to form the core of some absurd six/eight-women tags, too.

Guest Andrews

The British Bulldogs Vs. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard

There was a brief taste of that in the '88 Survivor Series match.

Yup, and it was quite good, they should of had a little run (something is telling me they had a house show run though...)

• 1 month later...

Am I totally spacing, or did the Funks never work the R&R? Hell, much as I like Dory, replace him with someone like Cactus and I could really get on board with that. Murdoch and Adonis working the R&R (or indeed, the Funks) in the mid-Eighties would have likely been pretty special too.