Pro Wrestling Only

Dream Tag Team Match-ups

goodhelmet

I feel like this topic has already been done somewhere but a couple of recent threads have inspired me to make this topic. In the "Acknowledging the Past" thread, it was brought up the Von Erichs could have had a decent run in the WWF. This brings me to dream match up #1...

Kevin & Kerry Von Erich vs. British Bulldogs.

- I think this would be a match-up that would be more spectacle than good match. I can imagine Dynamite and Kevin stiffing the hell out of each other. Kerry and Davey out juicing each other. Depending on what side of the bed the guys woke up on, it could be a good match too.

After watching some AWA discs, my two favorite one-off teams have been ...

Sgt. Slaughter & Crusher Blackwell vs. Larry Zbyzsko & Butch Reed

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour has it that Greg Gagne and Jim Brunzell wrestled Rick Steamboat and Jay Youngblood on a Japan tour back in the early 80's. I've never found proof that it actually did happen, but I'd like to imagine it did. Between 81 and 83, were those were probably the two teams that personified "Babyface" more than any others, and I think a match between them, in Japan, given the proper amount of time, would have been one for the ages.

Can-Am Connection vs. Can-Am Express

In it, Martel and Kroffat both turn on Zenk and Furnas so we end up with Canada Inc. (Martel and Kroffat) vs. USA Inc. (Zenk and Furnas).

Zenk gets injured in this match and is replaced with someone good but also representative of old-fashioned US values. Let's say Ricky Steamboat.

So Martel and Kroffat vs. Steamboat and Furnas.

Then what happens is Kroffat and Furnas turn heel and we end up with Martel and Steamboat vs. The Can-Ams.

Come on, admit it, you want to see that feud!

SWERVE - the whole thing was planned by Jack Tunney, who turns heel and starts a new whole new stable called the Can-Am Alliance whose ambition it is to unite Canada and America and end democracy in North America. Their ultimate goal is to make Tunney the new dictator-leader of this new superstate.

However, after a few months we discover that Steamboat has secretly been working as a MOLE for the US army taking his orders from Sgt. Slaughter, Ranger Ross and Sgt. Craig Pittman. He becomes Special Agent Steamboat now.

Then Furnas reveals that he's secretly been from Montreal all along and the Alliance announce their newest member ... Dino Bravo!

Now Tunney's real plan is explained: all along he just wants Canada to take over the USA. So we have The Canadan Alliance (Martel, Furnas, Kroffat and Bravo) vs. America's First Regiment (Slaughter, Ross, Steamboat and Pittman)

That's a survivor series match.

In that match, Rick Martel pulls off a latex mask to reveal that he's secretly been King Kong Bundy this whole time and turns on Tunney and co, in a sensational face turn for Bundy. The match ends with Ranger Ross superkicking Tunney in the face as "Real American" plays over the speakers.

Also, Billy Robinson is brought in as a "neutral" special guest ref.

Rumour has it that Greg Gagne and Jim Brunzell wrestled Rick Steamboat and Jay Youngblood on a Japan tour back in the early 80's. I've never found proof that it actually did happen, but I'd like to imagine it did. Between 81 and 83, were those were probably the two teams that personified "Babyface" more than any others, and I think a match between them, in Japan, given the proper amount of time, would have been one for the ages.

http://www.midatlanticgateway.com/resource...s_steamboat.htm

All Japan Pro Wrestling:

05/14 Tokyo, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Dick Slater beat Mighty Inoue & Ashura Hara

05/15 Tokyo, Japan Ricky Steamboat beat Takashi Ishikawa

05/16 Komae, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Dick Slater beat Great Kojika & Motoshi Okuma

05/17 Kawasaki, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Dick Slater beat Ashura Hara & Rocky Hata

05/19 Matsudo, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Dick Slater beat Mighty Inoue & Prince Tonga

05/20 Fuji, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood beat Akio Sato & Takashi Ishikawa

05/21 Asagiri, Japan Ricky Steamboat beat Takashi Ishikawa

05/22 Soma, Japan Ricky Steamboat beat Mighty Inoue

05/23 Sagae, Japan Ricky Steamboat beat Prince Tonga

05/25 Mori, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Dick Slater beat Rocky Hata & Prince Tonga

05/26 Muroran, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood beat Mighty Inoue & Takashi Ishikawa

05/28 Asahikawa, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood beat Genichiro Tenryu & Takashi Ishikawa

05/29 Iwamizawa, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood draw Akio Sato & Atsushi Onita

05/30 Wakkanai, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood beat Great Kojika & Motoshi Okuma

05/31 Kitami, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood beat Atsushi Onita & Takashi Ishikawa by CO

06/01 Sapporo, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Dick Slater beat Mighty Inoue & Ashura Hara

06/02 Akita, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood double countout with Akio Sato & Atsushi Onita

06/03 Sanjo, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Akio Sato, Atsushi Onita beat Greg Gagne, Jim Brunzell, & Ron Miller

06/04 Niigata, Japan Ric Flair beat Ricky Steamboat(16:21)

06/05 Numazu, Japan Ricky Steamboat, Atsushi Onita & Takashi Ishikawa beat Greg Gagne, Jim Brunzell & Ron Miller

06/06 Omiya, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood draw Greg Gagne & Jim Brunzell

06/07 Fukushima, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood beat Mitsuharu Misawa & Shiro Koshinaka

06/08 Tokyo, Japan Greg Gagne & Jim Brunzell beat Ricky Steamboat & Atsushi Onita

06/09 Otsu, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Dick Slater beat Akio Sato & Atsushi Onita

06/10 Sakai, Japan Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood beat Mitsuharu Misawa & Shiro Koshinaka

Hisa hit it over here as well:

http://sportsandwrestling.mywowbb.com/forum2/15384-3.html

Of course it doesn't exist on tape. Doubt it was a taping, either. 6/1, 6/4 and 6/8 were tapings where matches exist on tape. Classics didn't cover anything earlier in the series. Just not likely that 6/6 would be a taping in the middle of those other three.

But it did happen.

Can-Am Connection vs. Can-Am Express

In it, Martel and Kroffat both turn on Zenk and Furnas so we end up with Canada Inc. (Martel and Kroffat) vs. USA Inc. (Zenk and Furnas).

Everyone would turn on Zenk.

Then Tom would need to find some useless pretty boys to team up with because this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part...

Posted Image

"We're just the guys to do it."

Rockers vs the MX would have been interesting, in JCP/WCW. In the WWF... I'd be pissed off with the Heel In Peril crap.

Misawa & Kobashi vs Mutoh & Hase and Kawada & Taue vs Mutoh & Hase circa 1995 would have been interesting, though the window doesn't line up well with (i) Taue stepping it up, (ii) Mutoh growing as IWGP Champ, and (iii) Hase retiring.

Hash & Hirata vs Kawada & Taue is a more modest one, but you could see it as a war.

LCO (circa 97) vs Crush Gals (in their prime). Mita and Shimoda making Chiggy BLEED like a pig and having fun doing it, the sick bitches they were. Make a return match in a cage, I'm sure Lioness can come up with some stupid spot Mita would be more than willing to take. Greatest matches ever.

For things that could have actually happened timewise, I would have loved heel Young Pistols vs basically any of the WWF face teams Rockers, LOD, even Bushwhackers or Slaughter/Duggan. Smothers and Armstrong were having such fun as heels at that point and they could have interfaced great with any of those teams.

Great topic. Off the top of my head I'd like to see Midnight Express (Eaton/Lane) vs. Golden Lovers (Omega/Ibushi) and Doom vs. Dark City Fight Club. Owen & Bret Hart versus Hollywood Blondes getting 20+ on an episode of WCW Saturday Night would have been choice too.