Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

I like Sean Oliver well enough but that Raven interview looks like it should really be titled "Sean Oliver Shoots on Raven (and Complains About Konnan, Again)", or "Sean Oliver Can't Shut the Fuck Up While Talking About How Raven Can't Shut the Fuck Up".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Sean Oliver well enough but that Raven interview looks like it should really be titled "Sean Oliver Shoots on Raven (and Complains About Konnan, Again)", or "Sean Oliver Can't Shut the Fuck Up While Talking About How Raven Can't Shut the Fuck Up".

Nah, it was actually really good. If you like Raven of course.

I watched the Back to the Territories covering the WWA with Baron Von Raschke. I enjoy this series, and thought this was a pretty good edition. As usual, Cornette tells tales about the area and his guest throws in his two cents. It was very focused on Dick the Brusier, but there was also talk about Wilbur Snyder, Ernie Ladd, the promotional war with Sheik in Detroit, and Bobby Heenan. I recommend it.

Nash and Hall still so insecure whenever Meltzer's name comes up. I think Hall called him "some guy that never gets laid" in his YouShoot. So of course Nash's response when Oliver asks him if someone can judge wine without making it is to say "fuck him" then look into the camera and say "How's your life, buddy? It ain't better than mine."

I watched the Back to the Territories covering the WWA with Baron Von Raschke. I enjoy this series, and thought this was a pretty good edition. As usual, Cornette tells tales about the area and his guest throws in his two cents. It was very focused on Dick the Brusier, but there was also talk about Wilbur Snyder, Ernie Ladd, the promotional war with Sheik in Detroit, and Bobby Heenan. I recommend it.

Sounds excellent and right up my alley.

Sounds excellent and right up my alley.

Knowing that we share the same favorite territory, I think you'd enjoy it. :)

I generally love Nash's stuff with KC, but I don't know about this one. Wasn't the hook supposed to be Nash pitching ideas for Diesel and Razor to remain in '96 WWF?

Not surprised. The WCW 1997 timeline was a bridge to far for me. It was entertaining, but anybody who closely follows that time period would find the overlooks, letting Nash work him, and not asking more probing questions just too tough. I got the impression from that vid that Nash knew he had good rapport with SO and that he had gotten over with the core buying audience, and now he was shifting more to just doing what he wanted to do.

Nash really has run out of stories anyway. At least stories he can share publicly. The Carmen Electra thing was closet to something new that he hasn't already talked out. Which is understandable, everyone has their shtick down eventually, it's just not as entertaining if you're watching them regularly. Like, the Legends thing on the network was 1/2 Nash telling stories from his last KC Timeline and 1/2 Hall repeating anecdotes verbatim from his DVD doc.

Larry Zbyszko covers how he broke in the business, why he turned on Bruno, holding up the McMahons for huge paydays, Verne Gagne creating the NWO, Larry's martial arts prowess creating concern among promoters that he'd shoot on their champions, what Mr. Perfect stole from him, heat with Jericho, nearly becoming a Smackdown announcer, how he helped Bruno get into the WWE HOF, and more!

Larry Zbyszko covers how he broke in the business, why he turned on Bruno, holding up the McMahons for huge paydays, Verne Gagne creating the NWO, Larry's martial arts prowess creating concern among promoters that he'd shoot on their champions, what Mr. Perfect stole from him, heat with Jericho, nearly becoming a Smackdown announcer, how he helped Bruno get into the WWE HOF, and more!

Welcome back! Though I'm currently getting a "bandwidth exceeded" error when I click on it, I look forward to catching it eventually. Have missed the reviews!

Welcome back! Though I'm currently getting a "bandwidth exceeded" error when I click on it, I look forward to catching it eventually. Have missed the reviews!

Side tracked with other writing projects. I'll try to do a shoot review every few weeks.

We are switching servers soon to try and rid ourselves of our bandwidth/hacking issues.

This is first timeline since maybe Cornette's last one where the interviewee is actually stoked to go into details and looks like they're really having a great time talking about things. Only watched about an hour so far and already so many funny stories and stories about people you never hear about from the building. Really hope they do the 95 timeline with him.

This is first timeline since maybe Cornette's last one where the interviewee is actually stoked to go into details and looks like they're really having a great time talking about things. Only watched about an hour so far and already so many funny stories and stories about people you never hear about from the building. Really hope they do the 95 timeline with him.

They already did '95 with Sandman (which was, of course, kinda meh).