Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

Watching the Miss Jacqueline shoot. Again, RF's ineptness in 2015 is scary. Bad sound because Jackie's hair are *on* the freaking mic all the time. Then, classic RF moment : she talks about her very first match, then one minute and a half later : "Do you remember your first match ?". Seriously ? Anyway, crap interview, but Jackie seems like a really cool girl, and damn, she's 51 and time doesn't seem to have that much grasp on her.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will guess the guy he's talking about having pleasure firing is the HTM.

And right I was.

Decent interview, a lot more based on production and operations than wrestling, of course. Not a lot of good stories though, and a lot of "I don't remember the details" indeed.

was funny watching him squirm when the issue of independent contractors was brought up. And when we said he preferred to call himself "showrunner" rather than "booker."

The Rock and Roll Express documentary "Rock and Roll Never Dies" is covered. All the tales of the hard days on the road, the drug use, the sex, the big money, why Dusty Rhodes tried to bury them, from breaking in to their modern day broken down bodies is all covered!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just watched the 2015 Rey Mysterio RF shoot... Man, Rey comes across quite bitter in parts. Although for balance, he does say he doesn't regret a day being with WWE.

Any examples?

Sorry only just seen this. From memory there was a tone of him feeling as though he was held back at certain points in his career and that he could have been used better to garner a bigger Spanish audience.

The newest WCW Timeline edition: 1985 with Magnum TA is a solid interview, but it's pretty low-key compared to the Cornette and Bischoff editions. Of course, even though it happened in '86, they talk about the accident. Magnum even doubts that he was going to win the strap from Flair at Starrcade. He figures that he'd have worked Nikita, or continued the angle with Jimmy Garvin.

I watched Breaking Kayfabe with Sabu/Terry Brunk. It was interesting & somewhat fascinating to see Sabu in this environment. I hadn't bothered to get any of the other shoots he'd done so a lot of the appeal to me here was just hearing him do an interview like this. Nothing earth shattering or anything so entirely skippable most likely but it held my interest & clocked in at like 78 minutes. It was a bit funny to see how the majority of questions were an attempt to get at what kind of a person the massively private Sheik was moreso than Sabu himself.

The newest WCW Timeline edition: 1985 with Magnum TA is a solid interview, but it's pretty low-key compared to the Cornette and Bischoff editions. Of course, even though it happened in '86, they talk about the accident. Magnum even doubts that he was going to win the strap from Flair at Starrcade. He figures that he'd have worked Nikita, or continued the angle with Jimmy Garvin.

I really enjoyed this edition, Magnum was a solid and interesting interview (as opposed to Vader or Windham in the WCW serie). I kinda got a kick out of him saying that Flair was "very predictable" and that after just a few times, you could have a match with him with your eyes closed because of that… But yeah, this is a good one.

I watched the "Back to the Territories" with JJ Dillon recently and I'm about 1/2 way into the Jim Duggan one. To me they aren't essential viewing whatsoever but are more appealing for the production of the Cornette add-ins to the interview itself.

The Dillon one has a few stories I hadn't heard before but both Cornette & Dillon have been so prolific in podcasts, shoots, their books, etc. that those along with the Good Old Days documentary, a lot of this is stuff you'd already know. Like I said aside from a couple road stories, not a whole lot new here unless you want a sampling of the Cornette Mid-Atlantic films matches that are used here.

The Duggan one is decent as Duggan is a good story teller & doesn't need a lot of prodding to tell stories. He's not nearly as history & detail oriented as Cornette, he's more of a "fill in some colorful stories" guy in between Cornette giving facts about the territory. Also Duggan hasn't been overexposed in this world either so he has some fresh stuff to say.

As with 99% of these things anymore, I'd recommend a stream, download, or $1 disc kind of purchase if you are interested.

The Hall YouShoot and Nash Breaking Kayfabe are both really entertaining

-Hall think's Bret Hart was selfish and a mark for himself but Montreal was a work

-Hall buries Russo, Shane Douglas
-both go to bat for Hogan
-Nash and Michaels took soma before matches, when they kicked in that was their "go home" sign.
-never heard this mentioned before, but Nash says they were gettin the somas in WCW from the Mexican wrestlers ("Jars of 500").

-Nash puts over Rollins, Sasha and Bayley
-Meltzer is "some guy who can't get laid"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched the 2015 Rey Mysterio RF shoot... Man, Rey comes across quite bitter in parts. Although for balance, he does say he doesn't regret a day being with WWE.

Any examples?

Sorry only just seen this. From memory there was a tone of him feeling as though he was held back at certain points in his career and that he could have been used better to garner a bigger Spanish audience.

That's not bitter, that is an accurate statement by him.