Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the Rikishi YouShoot last night: nothing of interest really. I would have been happier with a couple of hours of BSK stories.

My thoughts exactly. Was a nothing interview.

Yeah, not much in term of good stories, although his reactions to the "What's in the bag" game were pretty funny. I didn't think it was that bad honestly especially compared with the ones ICP or Broadus Clay and such). One thing you learn for sure, is that he's samoan. And that Yoko had a three years long title reign.

Does Sean Oliver ask Rikishi what the source of the tension is between him and "Too Cool" (Brian Christopher and Scott Taylor)? I found it really odd that Rikishi never mentioned those guys in his HOF speech, especially since he never would have been anywhere near as popular as he was without them (IMO.) But he never even mentioned them, and afterward the rumor was that he intentionally snubbed them because they had some sort of falling out. As I recall, Taylor even mentioned the snub on his Twitter, but nobody has ever said what the reason for the falling out was.

I was curious if Rikishi mentioned it in his shoot interview?

Is he really a bigger deal than Bret Hart, Jim Cornette or JJ Dillon (edit : or Sammartino !) ? Don't think so. He already did RF, which is beneath everyone at this point.

The bullshit detector is needed (as always, but especially there), but this should be pretty entertaining. I will guess the guy he's talking about having pleasure firing is the HTM.

and a 1994 one with Eric Bischoff.

"I don't recall the details"

That actually nicely sums up what I've seen of this so far. Eric prefaces nearly every answer with some form of the quoted comment. Granted, it's 21 years ago. And, the questions used aren't really about wrestling and angles all that much.

• 3 weeks later...

I will guess the guy he's talking about having pleasure firing is the HTM.

And right I was.

Decent interview, a lot more based on production and operations than wrestling, of course. Not a lot of good stories though, and a lot of "I don't remember the details" indeed.

The Rock and Roll Express cover their family wrasslin' ties, their wild days in Memphis, the hard nights in the Mid-South, becoming mega stars for Jim Crockett along with everything in between!

Good write up. I didn't know the reason the Rock N Roll didn't stay longer in AWA is because they were on the list of guys who left AWA during the winter because it was too cold.

The Rock and Roll Express cover their family wrasslin' ties, their wild days in Memphis, the hard nights in the Mid-South, becoming mega stars for Jim Crockett along with everything in between!

Good write up. I didn't know the reason the Rock N Roll didn't stay longer in AWA is because they were on the list of guys who left AWA during the winter because it was too cold.

Didn't they work the AWA in the spring and then leave back for Crockett in the summer? Not sure that explanation holds up.

Wached this. It's 2015. RF still does the same old "Memories of X" stupid "interview". RF still doesn't edit when Rey check his phone for 30 seconds. It's amazing that anyone would buy his stuff at this point. Being the first in the game surely helped him the most. I wish Rey would work with KC instead. Total nice guy. He even says good things about JBL. Nothing earth shattering in terms of knowing how things work in WWE though, nor really good stories.