Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling With The Past #4

Loss

On this week’s Wrestling With the Past, Will and Charles discuss the mighty cage match! First, we’ll talk about famous cage matches from the territory days including the Mid South Stipulations match, the Final Conflict, Lawler vs. Idol and more. We discuss the NWA/WCW cage matches including the greatest War Games matches and the beauty of Magnum TA vs. Tully Blanchard. We wrap up the show discussing the WWF, the blue cage, escape rules, and the Hell In A Cell. Bloody fun for everyone!

http://placetobenation.com/wrestling-with-...4-cage-matches/

Hey, Johnny, guess what no one wanted to know?

That.

Anyway, this will be fun. I'll be curious to see what you guys think is the best WWF blue cage era match. I actually sort of like most of the big Hogan cage matches for some reason. I think he was able to use it to play to his strengths, but I haven't seen most in forever.

This was my favorite podcast so far. I never knew the Starrcade 83 match was the first NWA title match in a cage. I thought you guys did an excellent job running down and analyzing all of the major cage matches.

It wasn't the first one in a cage....Flair/Kerry immediately comes to mind and there are others.

Only 40 mins in so far, but this is already my favourite of these shows to date. Loss's Hayes / Jake comparison is very apposite and the first time I've heard anyone draw that comparison. I like to imagine that Will and Charles would just be having this chat on the phone and we are listening in.

Also, I'm kinda with you both on Gordy and think I've said it somewhere already. I had it in my mind that Will was really really high on Gordy, so this was surprising.

EDIT: Actually forgot I was just listening and talked out loud during the Garvin / Flair stuff.

I watched Sheepherders and Jack Victory vs Fantastics and Taylor in the barbed wire cage when it aired, while making out with a chick doing some stinkfinger. Its the greatest.

My respect of you went up about 1000 times in one post....THAT is how you remember things....

BEST POST EVER...

Also, Parv, I think you thought that of Will due to him and Rob Naylor doing the show on Gordy.....and I wouldnt say Will was down on him, just more into Hayes...and I agree....look, I am a Gordy fan, but his promos were BAD.....and almost incoherant...