Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling With The Past #7

Loss

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a Triple H show would be very interesting, not a hatchet job but a precise, objective look at his work and legacy, inside and outside the ring.

Complete with instances where its clear those who damn him for certain things (specifically refusing to put people over), consider others who do the same thing to be "best for business (i.e. Austin making political plays against wrestlers the IWC hates (Jarrett, Gunn), or instances where he is proven correct (putting over Lesnar on Raw).

You can do one for Michaels but not HHH?

Michales never had a "Reign of Terror" and with the exception of being the "first to four different title belts" never tried to set records with "imaginary titles."

Nor did he sleep his way to the top, and seemed willing to do jobs, without "getting his win back" during his second act.

I think Shawn has actual value as a performer. That's the difference. I don't want to do a podcast about a guy I can't say very much nice about.

There is that as well =;)

Argue Michaels' placement, and add personal feelings about his IRL persona into the equation all you want, but he should be in conversations among the best of all time as an in-ring performer and as a pro-wrestling character.

Triple H? Not so much! When the best attributes you can say is that he was/is a masterful backstage politician, his in ring character and performer probably leads much to be desired.

I think Shawn has actual value as a performer. That's the difference. I don't want to do a podcast about a guy I can't say very much nice about.

There is that as well =;)

Argue Michaels' placement, and add personal feelings about his IRL persona into the equation all you want, but he should be in conversations among the best of all time as an in-ring performer and as a pro-wrestling character.

Triple H? Not so much! When the best attributes you can say is that he was/is a masterful backstage politician, his in ring character and performer probably leads much to be desired.

You guys should just do a three hour breakdown of the Wrestlemania XXV main event.