Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling With The Past #7

Loss

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think he is a great wrestler who does annoying shit. I wish he had better punches. I wish he wouldn't act like a bitch in the ring to show up his opponents (although it does add to his legend). Also, while I can admit he had a great career, I wouldn't call him a favorite. I go out of my way to watch Regal or Lawler matches. I do not go out of my way to watch HBK matches.

Regarding Shawn's healing - while I'm sure he credited a higher power in some ways, I know in an interview I read (or perhaps it was a DVD doc) Shawn mentioned that it was really all about stretching. They had a physical therapist work that angle and that made the pain go away to a point where he could return again and wrestle full time.

I listened to the first half of this on a run today, and wanted to let you guys know just how much I enjoyed it. Neither of you dominate the conversation or talk over each other at any time, you're both incredibly engaging and whether you're talking about things you like or dislike, you make want to watch more wrestling. Its a shame this isn't weekly like MLW or the Austin show because its one of the more engaging shows out there. Keep up the great work.

Two things I love about this show:

- Will and Charles are always willing to change their opinion mid-argument if the other brings up a convincing point. You'll hear Will say "You know what Charles, that is a really good point". This connects with the listener because it shows the respect and friendship you have for each other.

- The recommended matches piece at the end is one of my favorite podcast segments. Love that you guys always close with that (and that Will always insists you end on a positive note).

I really enjoyed this episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Really good show. I didn't even buy Michaels as future World Champion in early 94. It really took him going the distance in that Rumble for me to consider him a threat. Someone mentioned in this thread about Michaels as a promo early in career. That brief audio clip of Rockers in Memphis was something else. Jannetty came off way more charismatic than Michaels when talking. Michaels heel run in 97 is near the top for me. Probably number one since I usually like heels but Michaels both on TV and behind the scenes was so loathsome. The buildup to Summerslam match with HHH was funny to hear. I must have not been paying close enough attention at the time. I do agree that you guys have been both very fair to Bret and Michaels on each podcast devoted to them. Be interesting to see you guys tackle a Triple H show in the future. :)