Pro Wrestling Only

Board upgrade

Loss

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully a dumb question that I find the answer to shortly, but does the new site have the same button next to each thread you can click to begin viewing from any unread posts in that thread?

I believe so, yes. It should work the same way.

One other note -- it looks like the new yearbook threads don't display the subtopic which listed the date/promotion/show of the topic. Any way to get that back?

Sadly, no. It's going to be a bit labor intensive, but I'm editing thread titles. Check the January 1990 folder to see what I've done so far. I've applied hashtags and edited titles there, so you can see where we are going. The good news is that you'll be able to sort those threads in all folders when I'm done by:

- Wrestler

- Day of the Year

- Feud

- Promotion

- Title on the line

- Title Change

- City in which it occurred

- My star rating (Plan to layer in others eventually, including WON ratings)

Good God, really? That sounds amazing. Thank you to you and anyone else who is putting in the time to make all this happen.

Tags are expanded from January-March 1990 now if anyone wants to see how it will all work. This is labor intensive and will take a while, but eventually, it will be in effect for every thread on the board. And the threads for "just about everything ever" that were recently mentioned will also have this when that's rolled out.

The "wrapping" (for lack of a better word) is a bit off. I have a bit of a scroll bar on the bottom, with the right right of the board going off screen.

I don't have that problem with either DVDVR or CM, which both have IP Boards. In fact, just ALT+TABing between the two on my monitor has a thread window in each wrapping exactly the same within a window in the sense of:

* font

* thread/post inner frame

* thread/post outter frame (the white space on each side there, which is a light blue here)

* outter frame (blue in each while the outter white here)

I'm FireFox 26 as the browser, Windows 7.

Looks like DVDVR has 3.4.6 IP, while neither here not CM list theirs.

John

The 'change skin' option has appeared now so you won't confuse this with the crap DVDVR message board.

Love the addition of tags in the year book threads.I haven't picked up a year book set yet so those threads have been an excellent resource and there value can't be overestimated. There's stuff from Japan all over youtube but I wouldn't know where to start. Cherry picking through Loss's 'match of the month' threads has turned me on to all kinds of good shit. Also, thanks to Loss, PeteF3, O.J, Flick, MJH and even JDW for filling those threads with helpful info and insight into the Japanese scene, cos fuck knows where I'd find it otherwise. And it will only get better!

Okay, I wasn't quite getting the hashtag business that Loss was talking about prior to the update but now saying that we can possibly sort that way in the future is CRAZY! PWO you are a beautiful son of a gun.

I think we need to stop calling ourself a "message board" and start calling ourselves a Thinktank. :)

The "wrapping" (for lack of a better word) is a bit off. I have a bit of a scroll bar on the bottom, with the right right of the board going off screen.

I don't have that problem with either DVDVR or CM, which both have IP Boards. In fact, just ALT+TABing between the two on my monitor has a thread window in each wrapping exactly the same within a window in the sense of:

* font

* thread/post outter frame (the white space on each side there, which is a light blue here)

John

Was this while using the default skin or the Legacy skin? Do you have a screen shot you could provide me?

Okay, I wasn't quite getting the hashtag business that Loss was talking about prior to the update but now saying that we can possibly sort that way in the future is CRAZY! PWO you are a beautiful son of a gun.

I think we need to stop calling ourself a "message board" and start calling ourselves a Thinktank. :)

Thinktank makes us sound like the Cato institute or Greenpeace. We're more like a wrestling universe.

* font

John

Was this while using the default skin or the Legacy skin? Do you have a screen shot you could provide me?

I have no idea what you're talking about in terms of skins. I just clicked onto the site and made no changes from whatever it had been before. After posing, I changed my Avatar and nothing else. :)

On the largest scale of things I am happy to see switch went off without us losing any threads/posts. I like getting to use Legacy format and have quickly got the feel of the new board. Still in process of going through my yearbook threads and editing all the prior board issues with quotes/apostrophe issues. Loss, feel free to edit my posts as you work through yearbook subject lines. :) Excellent work though and I am grateful for your time/energy with going back and doing all the editing in yearbook thread topics. Others will definitely feel the same too.

I couldn't log in on my laptop all weekend...actually any of the board links I tried from Google and my e-mail topic reply notifications all sent my to a "Page Could Not Be Displayed" spot with no access. I thought it was the board being upgraded but I see it may be another issue.

I've copied and sent myself the link to the front page from work this morning so we'll see if that works tonight. If not, I'm not sure what the issue might be.

I post this here in case there are any missing posters since the upgrade, they might be in the same boat.

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but the Sub Title/Header for posts seems to be gone. This is kind of important in the MD section where the Subtitle was the Date/Prom. To edit that into all of the posts would be a son of a gun, and not terribly easy if all that data lost. It's was really helpful for keeping track of stuff. :(

Yes, sadly, Invision deleted the subtitles on the upgrade since less than 5% of their customers were using it. They replaced it with the searchable thread tags, which are a better option in the long run, but yeah ... it's a big headache to fix. You can see the work I'm doing to fix this in the Match Discussion Archive section. Check 1990. I've edited every topic title and added tags from January through most of October. I will eventually be labeling everything on the board like this. The advantage is that we will be able to sort threads by these categories.

I couldn't log in on my laptop all weekend...actually any of the board links I tried from Google and my e-mail topic reply notifications all sent my to a "Page Could Not Be Displayed" spot with no access. I thought it was the board being upgraded but I see it may be another issue.

I've copied and sent myself the link to the front page from work this morning so we'll see if that works tonight. If not, I'm not sure what the issue might be.

I post this here in case there are any missing posters since the upgrade, they might be in the same boat.

Yeah, I was not able to use board at work today as having same issue with page not loading. No luck through Google for me either.