Pro Wrestling Only

Punk Walks Out of WWE

Strummer

Honestly, and obviously I've been a Punk fan over the years, I have no interest in him coming back, no interest in him being in a big spot at WM....

I would like to see the Chicago crowd boo the hell out of him and reject him like they've been rejecting Batista, but obviously that won't happen

I've just seen enough of his shitty attitude and shoddy performances recently that he's reached "go away" levels of heat with me. And he did, and I was glad for that. And now he's back already? The act is getting tired Punk. Go home and take a long break, please.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how Punk did anything wrong other than leaving minutes before Raw, and even that was because Vince was holed up doing rewrites all day. He mentioned in the interview he did with Ariel Helwani that he's been trying to get an answer for months on how payoffs would work in the post-WWE Network era and no one had any answers. I know if my boss was changing a major metric I was being paid on right before the biggest payday of the year, I'd get pretty pissy if I couldn't get any answers.

I don't see how Punk did anything wrong other than leaving minutes before Raw, and even that was because Vince was holed up doing rewrites all day. He mentioned in the interview he did with Ariel Helwani that he's been trying to get an answer for months on how payoffs would work in the post-WWE Network era and no one had any answers. I know if my boss was changing a major metric I was being paid on right before the biggest payday of the year, I'd get pretty pissy if I couldn't get any answers.

Ditto. My understanding is that this was the major thing he was upset at.

Absolutely. He has every right to be upset. Not getting your questions answered from the higher ups is bullshit. But when you have been given ALL that Punk has been given and you hold the position he holds, there are better ways to handle it. I am sure if Punk wanted to he could have called a meeting with his lawyer and Vince (or Stephanie, HHH, Ace, etc.) to hammer out some details. Maybe he did? Maybe it really did get to the point where he tried everything he could think of and had sit down meetings with everyoe could and didn't get an answer. Maybe WWE is hiding something or...maybe they just don't know.

WWE is most likely in a position where they do not want to promise anything to anyone in case The Network under performs. I am sure WWE has an idea of how its going to work but hasn't come to a system that will work well for the company as well as the wrestlers. With all that said, Punk is still not justified for getting in his car and going home.

whether Punk is there or not, they *have to* start the show with Punk's music and let someone else (HHH? Batista?) walk out and soak up the heel heat, right?

If they did that with Batista it would be perfect, and that would actually be a great setup to Punk returning later in the show and attacking Batista

If Punk is back for WM and you obviously have to put him in a big match, throw him in with Orton and Batista for a triple threat main event. Batista wins, crowd boos, then out comes Bryan to save the day after already beating HHH earlier

I think booking it like that would make everyone happy. Punk can take off after the show, Batista is already going full steam heel so whatever dreams they had about him being champ out of WM I don't know, and Bryan gives the crowd what they came to see. Put the belt back on Batista in a few months, it doesn't matter. But they have to put the belt on Bryan if they want to stop the crowd from hijacking shows. If they don't give this WM crowd what they want I think people may finally say "fuck this". I'd say that, and I've been defending WWE on the way they've booked Bryan since day 1

There's also the issue with the payoff for last year's Wrestlemania with Undertaker that has been rumored. We don't know if it's true that Punk had a problem with it, and if so we don't know if it's because he thought he was underpaid or because he was paid an amount less than he was promised. In short, we don't know enough about the situation to say if he's right or wrong to do what he did.

With all that said, Punk is still not justified for getting in his car and going home.

Of course he's justified. As long as they're not paying him, he doesn't owe anyone anything.

He also made all the minimum number of dates as his contract stated.

If I was Vince/HHH/Steph I'd thank Punk for the good times and tell him to just stay home. They don't need him. He's going to be miserable either way. You're going to pay him more to be miserable for a few more months? Why bother? There are a ton of guys who genuinely want to be there.

The WWE network and how it will affect pay is definitely a big issue for everyone. I can't believe they're going to get away without paying royalties to everyone for all of the footage used, and I'm kind of amazed that they were able to more or less break all of their contracts in this process. But I don't buy this "Punk is a martyr" bs for a second. Whatever Punk wants to claim, he's in it for himself, and if he's coming back for a few months for a big payday he's a total hypocrite. The "woe is me" act worked for him for a long time, but he's basically 1A or 1B in the company now. A top guy who's going to walk out of the company is not a guy I would put any trust in going further. Austin on his podcast repeatedly says that "taking the ball and going home" was one of the worst decisions he ever made, and he regrets how unproffesional and unfair to everyone else to do. If Punk really cared as much as he claims to he would reject every offer WWE tries to make to him and go schedule a bunch of public interviews and rant about the need for a union and the complete bs the "independant contractor" deal is. But, he signed that contract and he has no problem accepting Vince McMahon's money You know every cable news channel around would put him on tv to do so, but he's all talk. His passive agressive interveiws haven't led to change, it's led to his wallet

If I was Vince/HHH/Steph I'd thank Punk for the good times and tell him to just stay home. They don't need him. He's going to be miserable either way. You're going to pay him more to be miserable for a few more months? Why bother? There are a ton of guys who genuinely want to be there.

He's the #2 merch seller?

It's not about royalties off of The Network so much as how are they going to be split up? With PPV money, it is pretty easy to split that up based on who is where on the card and how many buys there are. It gets a lot more muddled with The Network because it's set up with 6 month subscriptions.

I don;t know why Punk left. I don't know if it is a work or shoot or whatever but I am going under the assumption this was a shoot.

All accounts so far have Punk refusing contact from everyone and that Vince McMahon wants Punk back. If Vince makes Punk an offer he can't refuse, how is that Punk's fault?

With all that said, Punk is still not justified for getting in his car and going home.

Of course he's justified. As long as they're not paying him, he doesn't owe anyone anything.

He was being paid at the time of his walk ou. If WWE stopped payment to his account, then yes, by all means all out. But that didn't happen. This reminds me of Rampage Jackson complaining about getting the short stick in UFC despite being one of UFC's most promoted personalities and making 14 million while fighting for UFC post Pride.

He was being paid at the time of his walk ou. If WWE stopped payment to his account, then yes, by all means all out. But that didn't happen. This reminds me of Rampage Jackson complaining about getting the short stick in UFC despite being one of UFC's most promoted personalities and making 14 million while fighting for UFC post Pride.

You are essentially saying that if someone is unhappy at their job, they are never justified in quitting it. I don't really see any justification necessary beyond that. If WWE is paying Punk after he walked out, that is their fault, not his.