Pro Wrestling Only

Punk Walks Out of WWE

Strummer

According to Pwinsider.com, there was talk at the weekend WWE live events that CM Punk was given his official release from WWE on Friday. WWE has not confirmed the release at this time, and as of today, Punk is still shown on the Superstars page of WWE website. Pwinsider.com also notes that people that have spoken to Punk recently have stated that Punk has said he is done.

I do wonder about the headline in their subscriber section about Punk and Angle joining Jarrett's new promotion.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
- CM Punk is reportedly "expected" to return this Monday on Raw in his hometown of Chicago. A source who is said to be "top WWE star" claims that Punk's return is "100% certain."

The report notes that if he does return, Punk will likely slot ack into his match with Triple H at WrestleMania XXX, or possibly being added to WWE World Title Match. That match was reportedly changed recently in creative plans to a triple threat, with the third opponent not yet named internally.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Radio

Seems like the built in plan is him vs. HHH, because the better story for Bryan is him trying to win the title. So most likely, it'll be him qualifying to make it a triple threat match by trying to beat both guys in the same night or something.

The funny part is that, of course, Punk didn't want to fight HHH at all. So it makes you wonder if Punk's desires are really going to make him a part of the main event. It's like Foley in 2000.

Maybe you just go with some kind of four way? Punk gets his main event. Bryan gets the title and some kind of symbolism with Punk. Maybe even try to do a replacement Benoit/Eddy moment with Punk strapping the belt around his waist or something?

So what's the difference between Michaels being a baby in 1996 and Punk being a baby in 2014? Michaels 'loses his smile' and is criticized while Punk loses his and doesn't get the same flack. I know I am in the minority here, but I don't see Punk as a hero or anything or than a prima donna. I honestly hope he doesn't come back as I'm tired of his crybaby gimmick. The millionaire, who is working his dream job, is complaining because he isn't in the number one spot 24/7/365.

So what's the difference between Michaels being a baby in 1996 and Punk being a baby in 2014? Michaels 'loses his smile' and is criticized while Punk loses his and doesn't get the same flack. I know I am in the minority here, but I don't see Punk as a hero or anything or than a prima donna. I honestly hope he doesn't come back as I'm tired of his crybaby gimmick. The millionaire, who is working his dream job, is complaining because he isn't in the number one spot 24/7/365.

I think the big difference is that Punk hasn't refused to job to anybody, especially while holding a title, and he has other issues beyond being in the main event (PPV bonuses and such) that seem reasonable as compared to "lose your title in the ring."

I do think the people who act as if Punk (or Bryan for that matter) are being oppressed are silly.

I'm with you, I don't understand why anyone would be sympathetic to Punk in this situation. So they've treated you like the #2 or #3 star of the company instead of #1, how terrible. I think if the Mania Main event wasn't something people hated so much, he would have a lot less sympathy.

In fact, there (again, at least speculation) are differences between Micheals in 1997 and Punk in 2014. We know about the supposed unhappiness and injuries with how each are used, but we know more possibilities with Punk too.

Loss is going to kill me for this, but how do we also know that Punk walking out/taking time off isn't a work to some degree? I don't necessarily mean the "walking out/unhappiness" part, but rather taking Punk off TV for a bit, THEN bringing him back at the right time (tonight in Chicago) in an effort to generate more interest for WrestleMania. They don't have Rock to fall back on this year. They need every trick in the book to even approach the money generated in each of the last two Manias, in my opinion.

The problem with figuring out the "work" or not aspect is that the minute that Punk comes back, it will definitely turn into a work. So you get people (not you, I'm just saying generally) going "See I told you it was a work all along!" when in reality that doesn't mean it was always a work and doesn't tell us when things turned from shoot to work or whatever.

Completely agreed, as I think (assuming he returns tonight) that Punk's absence is more related to a promotional trick for Mania than anything else.

I don't know, if he does a match with HHH, if they'll dig into any absence stuff. I hope they don't, as it gets into a lot of that worky-shooty bullshit that I don't care for.

Some folk really do love to rag on Punk, right? When the weirdest the forums have to offer keep on going out their way to talk about him and his "shit hair" etc etc, you know these same nobodies are walking down the road listening to Cult of Personality at some point actually imagining they are making some sort of wrestling entrance.

I would like to say that I am in no way hating on the guy. He has worked for everything he has in life and deserves what he has based off his hardwork and dedication. With that said, I am not a supporter of the gimmick of someone saying 'Fuck This!' and leaving. If it was someone who felt they were getting the shaft performing on Main Event knowing damn well they should be in the main events of Raw (let's assume this person has the fan support and merch sales to back it up) then that is one thing. But when the millionarie who has been a central part of WWE TV for YEARS runs the 'I'm leaving' gimmick two times in just a matter of years...I just roll my eyes.

This isn't the story of the steel worker who isn't putting up with bullshit wages anymore because he has a family to support. This is the story of a fat cat on wall street getting deciding to vacate his place of business because his favorite steak restaraunt across the street has stopped serving the fried shrimp stuffed with crab meat and brie. Again, the guy is talented, but how many times does he need to walkout until people wake up and see that CM Punk isn't 'fighting the good fight' and is just a carny doing the exact same shit Hogan, Nash, and Michaels did in the past.