Pro Wrestling Only

Triple H just announced that the Ultimate Warrior passed away

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyond shock I'm not quite sure how to feel. I grew up a fan, despised him later for his ultra-right wing bullshit, and things I'd read about him in books about how disrespectful he was to people around him when he was on top. A lot of this was rolling through my mind when I watched his speech, and I tweeted a few things expressing that. By no means do I gain any happiness from his death, but I'm not going to fall into avoiding all the negative stuff when I think about him now.

This might be the most bizarre wrestling death ever with the timing of it. My first instinct was heart attack or that he was hiding an illness. Hope it wasn't suicide. So eerie.

RIP Warrior. It was cool to see him go into the HOF. It's like he was wrapping up loose ends and knew he didn't have much time left. His poor daughters.

:(

I'm so stunned and saddened over this. One of my all-time favorites when I was a kid. Still marked out for him during his 96 and 98 returns and his promo on Raw last night. Always felt he got a bad wrap over the years with the Self-Distruction DVD and other wrestlers blindly hating him, seemingly just b/c he saved his money and left wrestling on his own terms. And he turned a lot of those nay-sayers around when he did that tribute to Savage.

The timing is so weird. He was a heavy steroid user for a long period. From his bodybuilding days, wrestling, he was still pretty jacked up in recent years. I don't know. At least he got to be inducted to the HoF before it was too late.

In the early 90s, as a kid, I had to go to the chiropractor regularly. I was wearing these WWF velcro shoes with a few decals of stars. My doc looks at them and tells us he went to chiropractor school with the Ultimate Warrior. I still think wrestling is real at this point, so I was confused. Next week, he shows us his college yearbook that had a pic of Warrior lifting, I think doing a curl of sorts.

Just when I start to fall back in love with Pro Wrestling, something like this happens to remind of why I hate Pro Wrestling sometimes. During his speech, I found it comforting to see him speak to his family. The admiration looked mutual. I'm always happy when I see a wrestler who made it "out", relatively unscathed. I know 54 year old men die on a regular basis, but it always seems that when they are pro wrestlers, pro wrestling is normally the main cause of death. I hope this situation is different, but I'd be surprised if it is.

Beyond shock I'm not quite sure how to feel. I grew up a fan, despised him later for his ultra-right wing bullshit, and things I'd read about him in books about how disrespectful he was to people around him when he was on top. A lot of this was rolling through my mind when I watched his speech, and I tweeted a few things expressing that. By no means do I gain any happiness from his death, but I'm not going to fall into avoiding all the negative stuff when I think about him now.

Yes, a guy I had at best very mixed feelings for. But I have no joy in his passing. I will say this for him - when I was 7/8 years old simply seeing his picture on a PPV VHS at blockbuster made me lose my mind. I've never forgotten that feeling of awe even as I've gotten older and grown to appreciate wrestling on deeper and deeper levels. In my mind Warrior is the essence of being a childhood wrestling fan and the loss of that from the world is something I'll mourn.

Wow I'm totally shocked! One of my all time favorites.

Obviously its easy to second guess now, but I did notice him limping when his daughters were walking him to the podium on Saturday and then he did seem kind of red as well. Then you had all that sweating.

R.I.P. Warrior

I feel so bad for his family.

Been trying to embed some tweets but can't figure it out. Here's some:

William Shatner:

I saw that the Ultimate Warrior passed away. Very sad.(https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/453768052534812672)

DeAngelo Williams: I'm saddened from the news of the ultimate warrior passing! My thoughts and prayers are with his family #legendsdontdie

(https://twitter.com/DeAngeloRB/status/453749758851829760)

Jericho: Devastated to hear of the passing of @UltimateWarrior. He was a childhood hero of mine & he vs @HulkHogan WM6 is still one of the best ever (https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/453749780838367232)

Jeremy Botter @jeremybotter

I am of the hope that the era of men who felt they needed to take steroids in order to better entertain us is well and truly over.

I know pointing out Wrestlers who are and aren't on PEDs can be a fools game but it is interesting that a Daniel Bryan type is the new Champion while this happened.

I hope Scott Hall has people near him. I would be concerned about his sobriety in the come down from weekend before Warrior passed away. Other wrestlers passing away seemed to be a trigger for him to drink in years past as he had such self loathing he would always wish it was him instead.

I hope Scott Hall has people near him. I would be concerned about his sobriety in the come down from weekend before Warrior passed away. Other wrestlers passing away seemed to be a trigger for him to drink in years past as he had such self loathing he would always wish it was him instead.

He made a pair of tweets:

"Just heard a horrible rumor...please tell me @UltimateWarrior is ok ..,,,", and "RIP @UltimateWarrior".