Pro Wrestling Only

Triple H just announced that the Ultimate Warrior passed away

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not my place to say so, but...fuck, I will anyway: my first thought is a suicide.

EDIT: I guess I should expand a little--Warrior said something about "every man breathing his last breath" in his promo. If it's not suicide, it's possible that he'd been suffering from some sort of illness that only he and maybe a few other WWE folks knew about. It may explain how they so quickly went from not being on speaking terms to inducting him in the HOF.

That, or it's simply some of the most bizarre timing with the weirdest coincidental speech of all-time.

I would think they have to do more than an in memoriam since the guy was just the HOF main eventer a few days ago. Sucks his kids are so young to lose a parent as well. He didn't look in great shape on Raw, but it seemed like just the usual "beat up former wrestler" wear and tear rather than someone about to die the next day.

Yeah as a young dad myself when he told his two girls during his HoF speech that the greatest thing he'd ever do was be their father I almost teared up. This is shocking. Him versus Savage may be my favorite 'Mania match of all-time. Wow.. that's all I can say. Rest in peace.

From his promo on Raw last night:

"One day every man's heart beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath, and if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others, it makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make what the man did live forever"