Pro Wrestling Only

Current New Japan

pol

Nobody should be going "Oh poor Rossy" here. He sold the company to Bushiroad and since at least WWE was interested in buying probably got at least full market value for it. Then Bushiroad contracted him to help run the company, it doesn't look like he was an employee on the payroll, for over four years. This isn't like he brought Bushiroad in as an investor then they forced him out in a hostile fashion leaving him nothing.

Also, Bushiroad brought in a new president to Stardom late last year so that there is a house cleaning going on in the office side of the business shouldn't be surprising.

Rossy being in league with WWE after not selling Stardom to them would be incredibly hilarious! 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to the Observer subscriber exclusive, Ogawa was tired of being overruled on booking and business decisions and had given his notice but Bushiroad decided to get ahead of the story and fired him. That seems like a great way to burn bridges with much of the talent right as their contracts are about to expire as Ogawa gave most of them their career breaks. Could he be AEW-bound? The Observer says he isn't going to WWE and the five-year non-compete that was part of the sale to Bushiroad would seem to preclude going to another Japanese promotion.

9 hours ago, donsem43 said:

The name you wanted to use there is Tod Gordon.

Well, that one too. But I was thinking about how Sullivan doing favors sending talent to ECW for a while, even working shots here and there while he was the booker in WCW served him right when it came to recruiting talent. That and Woman working for ECW as well.

Anway. Can't wait to hear more about that story. Good ol' Rossy Ogawa.

2 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

According to the Observer subscriber exclusive, Ogawa was tired of being overruled on booking and business decisions and had given his notice but Bushiroad decided to get ahead of the story and fired him. That seems like a great way to burn bridges with much of the talent right as their contracts are about to expire as Ogawa gave most of them their career breaks. Could he be AEW-bound? The Observer says he isn't going to WWE and the five-year non-compete that was part of the sale to Bushiroad would seem to preclude going to another Japanese promotion.

Damn. Plot thickens.

If THAT'S the case, then, is Bushiroad run by idiots ? 

So, theoretical, this would be like Jim Crockett selling JCP to Turner. Then Turner contracting out the booking of WCW back to Crockett for four-ish years but ultimately giving him the boot for trying to steal talent for that WWN/NWA deal that he tried to start up in 1994.

Another thing to consider is that Bushiroad is paying everyone on the roster enough to be a wrestler full-time, not needing a second job. If Rossy ends up somewhere that isn't capable of doing that then how many members of the roster are actually going to follow him.

32 minutes ago, donsem43 said:

Another thing to consider is that Bushiroad is paying everyone on the roster enough to be a wrestler full-time, not needing a second job. 

Is that the case still for most joshi promotion right now apart from Stardom ?

Absolutely incredible match. Even the usually corny and stupid fighting spirit spots made sense. Danielson can take ZSJ's incredible talent and with his amazing knack for pacing and laying out matches, can produce something truly magical 

I really need a submission match for the Danielson-ZSJ rubber match.

I wish they would have just done an Ospreay-Finlay singles match with Finlay going over rather than this War Games version but the cage gives me a Memphis vibe so I dig it.

Yeah, surprised they gave Okada a full sweep of every singles match he had this year. Went out like the Ace still, lol.

Danielson vs ZSJ was incredible. One of those "game of human chess" matches that was done almost perfectly. Just absolutely loved Dragon screaming "FUCK!" at the 20 minute mark because he was the first one forced to do a rope break.

They HAVE to end this with a submission match. Danielson got the first one out of sheer violence. Zack got this one out of a pin reversal but the roles were changed on this match as Bryan was the one coming out on top of most of the mat exchanges, and I gotta say I forgot how dope Dragon could be when he's not concerned about making the other guy look awesome (because it's not needed) and he can try his on shit to be the one being showcased.

PS: I was dying laughing at that one loud Japanese fan that started chanting for Bryan, then went for Zack, then switched back and forth until Danielson refused a rope break and then the guy was just full on supporting Zack. Them loud ass "NO!" chants whenever Dragon hit a strike had me :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS2: Oh shit, Danielson asked for a 2 out of 3 falls on "neutral ground" (not AEW or New Japan). I guess he's gonna try to have the match on Rev Pro.

2 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

PS2: Oh shit, Danielson asked for a 2 out of 3 falls on "neutral ground" (not AEW or New Japan). I guess he's gonna try to have the match on Rev Pro.

Or maybe in Arena Mexico. Danielson has long wished to have a defining, "representation of an era" incredible match in the country of Mexico, whether the match is billed to be in Arena Mexico or not 

I also preferred today's Dragon vs. ZSJ to WrestleDream by a hair, but we're really splitting hairs. I found today's technique and mat work, along with the late escalation superior, but just barely. 

However -- United Empire vs. BC War Dogs was the most unexpectedly great all time classic and MOTY frontrunner I've seen in ages. An incredibly violent and dramatic war that didn't feel nearly as long as it did. The raw violence and backyard cage were comparable to ROH/CZW Cage of Death while the Empire entrances called back to the best babyface fires from past Wargames. Its been a busy day so I have no clue what -- if any -- early consensus is on this one, but it absolutely rocked my world. Tremendous work and bloodshed from all.

9 hours ago, PeteF3 said:

Fightful reporting that Okada is AEW-bound.

I would assume that's why he hasn't been jobbing on the way out, there's good reason to believe he'll be back for a match or two signing with AEW that he wouldn't be if he went to WWE.

7 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

However -- United Empire vs. BC War Dogs was the most unexpectedly great all time classic and MOTY frontrunner I've seen in ages. An incredibly violent and dramatic war that didn't feel nearly as long as it did. The raw violence and backyard cage were comparable to ROH/CZW Cage of Death while the Empire entrances called back to the best babyface fires from past Wargames. Its been a busy day so I have no clue what -- if any -- early consensus is on this one, but it absolutely rocked my world. Tremendous work and bloodshed from all.

Just finished this, and holy shit this match. Quite the shift from Okada's last match to Ospreay going out on his shield and having a Terry Funk-eqsue goodbye promo afterward.

Does Okada really have an outsized ego? The fact that he stuck around to fulfill his advertised dates after his contract expired would suggest otherwise. And his big wins this year were against Danielson (outsider), Ospreay (also on the way out), and Tanahashi (can barely walk these days), so it's not like he was putting himself over at the expense of the company's future.