Pro Wrestling Only

CM Punk on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firing him on his wedding day is REALLY petty. It doesn't upset me or offend me but it's just incredibly stupid, especially when they had to know they couldn't withhold his royalty checks and that pissing him off was just going to push him into court over it.

For buyrates, maybe. However, he did point out that you can't make new stars when you keep bringing back old stars to remind people who the real stars are. I thought it was very aware and something said on this board many times.

Agree 100,000% and I've been saying this over and over. Short term gain, long term loss. Gotta make your current roster look good too.

I'm actually curious how WWE reacts to this. As "dumb" as WWE is most of the time, since Punk left they have been more aware of this fan base lately. Vince himself is appearing on the Steve Austin Show. Podcasts reach a lot of people and judging by how many people had trouble downloading this, this one is going to reach record numbers of fans. Punk brought up so many good points. What a fantastic interview.

It was a great interview/2 hour rant for him to get everything off his chest. I knew that WWE looked like a toxic place to be in but hearing Punk say all of it really makes them look horrible. I'd be very surprised if the WWE doctor stays with the company but they'd prolly replace him with another person that did the same thing he did. I'm happy Punk got out of there.

Edit: Do you think Vince addresses this on Austin's podcast?