Pro Wrestling Only

CM Punk on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good question I'd like someone to ask, "If you're so upset by part time wrestlers taking away money and opportunities from full time wrestlers why did you accept a gig as a part time comic book writer where you are taking money and opportunities away from full time comic book writers?"

That appears to be a one off in an over-sized Annual that most likely will be filled with various stories from various writers, most likely will involve some past Thor writers as well.

I'd even say it is apples and oranges if he came in for a special mini or maxi series (like, oh I don't know, okay he was a regular at the time with Swap Thing and backups about the Corps in Green Lantern, but your avatar represents something that was a maxi that you could say was taking shelf space away from another title)

Your point would be more valid if Punk was taking over Thor's title for a lengthy run or something like that.

OE: According the the solicits, its just a normal backup to the main story, there is also a third one. But the point remains the same about the story being simply a one shot and not the same thing as Punk getting an ongoing for a lengthy run.

One question I have that he might not know the answer to is how Meltzer ended up being so positive he was returning to that Raw in Chicago after he quit.

Dave wasn't positive. He said he was told by a source who said he was 99% positive, but Dave himself wasn't sure.

I should say he felt confident/positive enough about it to report it. Not taking shots at Dave. I love Dave. Just that that one sticks out so badly as an example of him getting worked hard - doesn't he still talk to Heyman? Whomever his source was must have been very well-placed for him to not really (seemingly) do much legwork on something that was a huge story at the time.

Just spit it out man!

For real. There's been too much of the "I know, but I'm not saying" schtick happening on the board lately.

This. If you can't tell the whole story don't tell any of it.

Pretty sure I've mentioned all of this in a thread here before, but it may have been on another board. In any event, I'm pretty sure Dave was fed wrong info by Flair.

That is the alcoholic I assumed you meant.

"Meltzer will always be a mark when it comes to the biz brother. HH" - @hulkhogan

Pro wrestling - the only business which figures if you're a fan of said business, you're an idiot.

Pretty much. I don't know of any other business that has such contempt for their consumers. Politics, I guess?

That is the alcoholic I assumed you meant.

"Meltzer will always be a mark when it comes to the biz brother. HH" - @hulkhogan

Pro wrestling - the only business which figures if you're a fan of said business, you're an idiot.
Pretty much. I don't know of any other business that has such contempt for their consumers. Politics, I guess?
They at leadt give them lip service. With wrestling, the more your into it, the bigger loser you are.