Pro Wrestling Only

CM Punk on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling

goodhelmet

I wouldn't call Vince stupid but I would call him a bit eccentric, at least by comparison. How are you defining stupid and how would you apply that definition to Vince.

There are some comparable eccentric billionaires all over the place. Like some of the weirder owners in International Football (see: Vincent Tan of Cardiff City). Vince didn't own a team, but he did technically own 8 football teams at the same time.

There's points where you could easily figure out how Punk painlessly won a settlement from the WWE (such as the staph infection) and parts of the interview where you could figure out why they'd get tired of him. I've made longer posts on this matter in other places tonight.

Should we chalk it up as a mystery of the WWE that they gave AJ Lee a title reign 2 weeks after firing CM Punk?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit. Pretty much backs up what we thought all along. Vince never saw Punk as a draw. Vince constantly bringing that up to him. Hates Hunter with a passion. Maybe I'm wrong here but I thought the report was he was close with Ryback. That they requested to work with each other? Not anymore I guess. And pretty much confirms wwe had no intentions of pushing Bryan at all. I'm convinced that Vince is completely out of touch here but I don't know if Hunter is this bad

All the medical stuff is just wow

Haven't listened yet, neither of the two Fire stations I'm at today and tomorrow have fast enough internet for me to download anything to my iTunes. Will get to it on Sunday though. I did hear that he relayed a story about him getting a positive on the concussion test and then WWE sending him out there despite having the positive concussion test. I wonder, and I asked Bix about this on Twitter, if anyone has asked Chris Nowinski his thoughts on that bit of info? I know he's saddled the Legacy Institute right up next to the WWE. Now, if they knew the WWE was doing this stuff then that makes me think less of Nowinski and the institute. And if they didn't know and don't make some sort of comment or distance themselves from the WWE after hearing about it then I question the legitimacy of their work.

Haven't listened yet, neither of the two Fire stations I'm at today and tomorrow have fast enough internet for me to download anything to my iTunes. Will get to it on Sunday though. I did hear that he relayed a story about him getting a positive on the concussion test and then WWE sending him out there despite having the positive concussion test.

Wrong. They gave him a concussion test, which he passed. He says their concussion test is a joke and that after he passed they told him "we think you still have a concussion, we want you to go run the ropes" at which point he said "no let's just call it a concussion."

Guy seems like a complete sociopath. Funny how it's everyone's responsibility to get him to the top but he leaves the company when it's his turn to put over new talent like the Shield and Bryan.

That is really your take away from this?

WWE employed a doctor who ignored his staph infection and then fired him on his wedding day and you are painting Punk the bad guy?

You really think he didn't want to put Shield and Bryan over too? He clearly stated he wanted to work with The Shield and Bryan in that very interview.

A few weeks ago people were claiming you were nothing but a troll and your WWE bias was there. I didn't believe that, because I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I guess I was wrong, because you are clearly nothing but a troll with a WWE bias due to your interviews.

EDIT: Shit, not even the bad guy but a sociopath. All credibility is gone, sorry.

Guy seems like a complete sociopath. Funny how it's everyone's responsibility to get him to the top but he leaves the company when it's his turn to put over new talent like the Shield and Bryan.

You are the best. Petulant, hypocritical, surly, not a team player, maybe drop a c bomb if you're feeling rich? No, he's a *sociopath*! Talk about a bubble and giving wrestling fans a bad name. That's the type of remark that gives credence to what my inlaws think of wrestling. What I find most sociopathic about it is that it comes from someone who holds himself out as a "writer" rather than the anonymous, over the top, bomb throwing message board member. Go write another book I've already read elsewhere.

-The medical stuff was eye opening. I'm sure most of us knew WWE was fucked up when it came to injuries and that kind of stuff but holy shit. It's even worse than I thought. I hope this interview makes some noise and forces the company's hand on this matter, the shit Punk talked about is unacceptable.

-Hate to be THAT guy but Survivor Series with Rock did the best buyrate in almost a decade. I think they did lose money or didn't make much money because Rock was too expensive though. Him main eventing TLC without Cena didn't do better than the previous year, I think he was talking about HIAC vs Ryback. That one drew better than other years and way better than expected IIRC. And Wrestlemania is the main draw but Miz vs Cena isn't selling more than 1 million PPVs without Rock's involvement.

-I get Punk's anger and complaints, I really do. But I can't help but think he was dumb for falling for "working the boys 101" tactics a bunch of times. Specially during the time he re-signed.

Aside from the staph infection issue, I have no sympathy whatsoever for him. He could have avoided the wedding day thing by actually communicating with the company when they tried to do so a few days earlier. Everything else was just typical wrestling grandstanding/ego inflation. I'll give him credit for pointing out what a carny Jericho is.

I'm actually shocked that anyone could watch CM Punk's video or listen to pieces of this interview and not think he would be pretty much impossible to work with.

Also, he's a grown man and a millionaire. Surely he's capable of determining whether or not he's physically capable of wrestling and seeking medical treatment as needed?

A few weeks ago people were claiming you were nothing but a troll and your WWE bias was there. I didn't believe that, because I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I guess I was wrong, because you are clearly nothing but a troll with a WWE bias due to your interviews.

That's legitimately funny. I have a platform with millions of potential readers. But my nefarious pro WWE plan is to talk about this on an obscure message board! BIAS!

I'm actually shocked that anyone could watch CM Punk's video or listen to pieces of this interview and not think he would be pretty much impossible to work with.

Also, he's a grown man and a millionaire. Surely he's capable of determining whether or not he's physically capable of wrestling and seeking medical treatment as needed?

Well, eventually that's exactly what he did.