Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2015 Thread

Fantastic

Man, WWE had Bryan vs. Brock right fucking there. Now even if they scramble and begrudgingly put Bryan in the top spot, chances are it wont be nearly as fun as what could have been. Ugh.

They couldn't wait one year with Reigns? Why the rush? Give Bryan is actually run and then next year give it to Reigns. He's young and has room to grow, SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!

you know what really fucking kills me? Bryan's 2006 ROH title run is the perfect template for a WWE title run. He started as a babyface and gradually got more arrogant and dastardly with each title defense. If they are so concerned about Bryan's longevity and making Reigns the top guy then why not go with that format? Have Bryan slowly turn heel to the point that eventually fans will be begging for someone to beat him? I have absolute faith that Bryan could turn the fans on him too. I think he's a natural heel anyway.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, WWE had Bryan vs. Brock right fucking there. Now even if they scramble and begrudgingly put Bryan in the top spot, chances are it wont be nearly as fun as what could have been. Ugh.

They couldn't wait one year with Reigns? Why the rush? Give Bryan is actually run and then next year give it to Reigns. He's young and has room to grow, SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!

you know what really fucking kills me? Bryan's 2006 ROH title run is the perfect template for a WWE title run. He started as a babyface and gradually got more arrogant and dastardly with each title defense. If they are so concerned about Bryan's longevity and making Reigns the top guy then why not go with that format? Have Bryan slowly turn heel to the point that eventually fans will be begging for someone to beat him? I have absolute faith that Bryan could turn the fans on him too. I think he's a natural heel anyway.

Just because that makes so much sense and means that they'd be lifting an idea from ROH they won't do it. They can't acknowledge anything out of their walled garden - even if it means lifting a 10 year old title run storyline from another promotion...

Meltzer reported that it was discussed and Vince said we can't go to that well again.

Hey, man. When you got a well full of guys like Kane and The Big Show, that's a well worth going to.

I brought this up on Twitter, but if they were dead set on Reigns winning, there was nothing to gain by even having Bryan in the match. I didn't know Bryan was ready to come back before he announced he was entering the Rumble. Did you? I wouldn't have complained about him not being in it if they hadn't told me he was ready to go. Reigns winning wouldn't have worked either way, but if Bryan wasn't there, at least you wouldn't know you were being denied the obvious superior option. Loss is right. The only only function Bryan's entry into the Rumble served was to bury their most over act out of spite to the audience.

I guess they figured that if they announced Bryan wouldn't be in the Rumble, it would hurt buys. There's also the whole wrestling thing where saying something isn't going to happen usually means that it is, in fact, going to happen. If they don't say anything, people would probably figure that Bryan would be a surprise entrant, guaranteeing that the #30 entrant would get the Rey Mysterio treatment. From their perspective, it was a no-win situation. These are the kind of problems you run into when you're hellbent on not giving the fans what they want.

Just because that makes so much sense and means that they'd be lifting an idea from ROH they won't do it. They can't acknowledge anything out of their walled garden - even if it means lifting a 10 year old title run storyline from another promotion...

I mean it's not like they have to copy it exactly. And it's not like they haven't done it before either. Punk was a face at the start of his WWE title run and a heel by the end of it. It has probably been done multiple times in various wrestling promotions. My point is just that it would have made way more sense to give the fans what they want with Bryan and at the same time allow him to be the transitional guy between Cena and Reigns.

I brought this up on Twitter, but if they were dead set on Reigns winning, there was nothing to gain by even having Bryan in the match. I didn't know Bryan was ready to come back before he announced he was entering the Rumble. Did you? I wouldn't have complained about him not being in it if they hadn't told me he was ready to go. Reigns winning wouldn't have worked either way, but if Bryan wasn't there, at least you wouldn't know you were being denied the obvious superior option. Loss is right. The only only function Bryan's entry into the Rumble served was to bury their most over act out of spite to the audience.

I guess they figured that if they announced Bryan wouldn't be in the Rumble, it would hurt buys. There's also the whole wrestling thing where saying something isn't going to happen usually means that it is, in fact, going to happen. If they don't say anything, people would probably figure that Bryan would be a surprise entrant, guaranteeing that the #30 entrant would get the Rey Mysterio treatment. From their perspective, it was a no-win situation. These are the kind of problems you run into when you're hellbent on not giving the fans what they want.

that's the biggest mindfuck about this whole thing. for them to acknowledge that not advertising Bryan would hurt buys implies that they see him as a draw. Which of course begs the question: if he's a draw then why the fuck do you bury him?

I mean it's not like they have to copy it exactly. And it's not like they haven't done it before either. Punk was a face at the start of his WWE title run and a heel by the end of it. It has probably been done multiple times in various wrestling promotions. My point is just that it would have made way more sense to give the fans what they want with Bryan and at the same time allow him to be the transitional guy between Cena and Reigns.

Oh believe me I'm right there with you and agree. It makes so much sense and could open a lot of options as far as matches go.

This is Vince being a stubborn ass about things, digging in his heels, and trying to shove his way down the throats of his fans at exactly the wrong time for him to do this with Lucha Underground and NJPW making some buzz along with ROH as alternatives....

It got understandably lost with all the Bryan backlash, but if you noticed every guy the fans wanted to get behind (Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, hell even Mizdow) got tossed out like a sack of potatoes by the "real stars" last night. The whole match was basically one hour long fuck you to anyone who still has the nerve to cheer for non WWE Approved Guys.

So apparently Vince is playing the "it is all the city of Philadelphia fault" for the reaction to Roman Reigns according to Meltzer. Might I add that Pittsburgh was the location of last year's Royal Rumble which is either known for a non-insider crowd or a crowd that doesn't give a shit about anything.

If they want to play this east coast issue with fan reaction, wait until Wrestlemania at the home of the World Series SF Giants if they have Daniel Bryan in a nothing match

Roman Reigns was always going to bomb on the live crowd. He is nowhere near ready for the main event scene.

Im not a Reigns hater but if he the supposed god saviour of WWE for the next decade pushing him now to the main event scene is the wrong thing to do.

Some of the decisions WWE come up with is crazy considering the fans are the ones who make a wrestler.

Maybe in the future they do a voting system. Let the fans vote for who should win the Rumble. We all know its pre determined well us adults do so there be no harm in us voting for who we want to win.

So apparently Vince is playing the "it is all the city of Philadelphia fault" for the reaction to Roman Reigns according to Meltzer. Might I add that Pittsburgh was the location of last year's Royal Rumble which is either known for a non-insider crowd or a crowd that doesn't give a shit about anything.

If they want to play this east coast issue with fan reaction, wait until Wrestlemania at the home of the World Series SF Giants if they have Daniel Bryan in a nothing match

Roman Reigns was always going to bomb on the live crowd. He is nowhere near ready for the main event scene.

Im not a Reigns hater but if he the supposed god saviour of WWE for the next decade pushing him now to the main event scene is the wrong thing to do.

Some of the decisions WWE come up with is crazy considering the fans are the ones who make a wrestler.

Maybe in the future they do a voting system. Let the fans vote for who should win the Rumble. We all know its pre determined well us adults do so there be no harm in us voting for who we want to win.

Please stop posting while drunk.

I wonder if WWE will find some other way to screw up between now and Mania?

Seriously, the current Mania card (mainly courtesy of Meltzer) is looking like:

- WWE World Heavyweight Title: Brock Lesnar © vs. Roman Reigns

- Sting vs. Triple H

- John Cena vs. Rusev (probably not for the US title)

- Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton

- Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

- Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

- Some Throwaway Divas Match

- And Everybody Else in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

What kind of abortion of a card is that?

The only thing that could save it is Rollins cashing in on Reigns to take away the big moment, but he'll probably only get himself over as a babyface from the live crowd. If it even happens, imagine The Rock comes out to make the save before Rollins can ruin the big celebration? Fuck that.

I wonder if WWE will find some other way to screw up between now and Mania?

Seriously, the current Mania card (mainly courtesy of Meltzer) is looking like:

- WWE World Heavyweight Title: Brock Lesnar © vs. Roman Reigns

- Sting vs. Triple H

- John Cena vs. Rusev (probably not for the US title)

- Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton

- Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

- Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

- Some Throwaway Divas Match

- And Everybody Else in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

What kind of abortion of a card is that?

The only thing that could save it is Rollins cashing in on Reigns to take away the big moment, but he'll probably only get himself over as a babyface from the live crowd. If it even happens, imagine The Rock comes out to make the save before Rollins can ruin the big celebration? Fuck that.

Rusev-Cena is the only good thing on the show. Yuck.

Bryan vs Sheamus? Wasn't that said to be the original plan for last year? And the same match that went 18 seconds the year before that? And the same match that got bumped to the pre-show and turned into a battle royal the year before that? What is the weird obsession with this?

Why wouldn't Cena vs Rusev be for the US Title? He's surely not going to drop it before hand if they're going with Cena as the guy who finally pins him, so why the hell not have the belt on the line?

A possible save would be to run the blowoff to Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt at the next PPV with the winner taking on Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Have Daniel Bryan vs Undertaker at WM - you can treat that and Sting/HHH as the real main events and put Reigns/Lesnar down the card if that is where they want to go.

If anyone is going to get a good match out of Undertaker it is DB, his style means Taker won't have to bump a great deal and Danielson can bounce off him. Would mean more if the streak was still intact obviously. Just wishful thinking though.

Please stop posting while drunk.

He should just stop posting in general

A possible save would be to run the blowoff to Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt at the next PPV with the winner taking on Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

What possible logic would there be to a "winner faces Undertaker" match when the streak is already dead?

I could see them going three way with Wyatt vs Bryan vs Taker maybe?

What's the payoff or the reasoning behind that though? Sure, it will cover Taker's shortcomings, but what is it going to do for Wyatt or Bryan? Presumably, if Taker has his match this year, he's going to win, surely to convey the idea that just because the streak is done, it doesn't mean that Undertaker is done. I'm strongly inclined to believe that he's going to retire at Mania XXXII in Texas and headline next year's Hall Of Fame. That's probably going to mean either the headline Mania match or a top billing, so he needs to go in looking strong, not with two defeats behind him.

I never once imagined that Bryan would be facing Brock. When he cut that promo that he was entered into the Rumble, I assumed he'd be winning and that Brock would dropping the belt before Mania. But the idea they'd put the guy just back from career-threatening injury in the ring with Brock Lesnar isn't something I saw happening, especially after Taker got that concussion last year.