Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2015 Thread

Fantastic

I never once imagined that Bryan would be facing Brock. When he cut that promo that he was entered into the Rumble, I assumed he'd be winning and that Brock would dropping the belt before Mania. But the idea they'd put the guy just back from career-threatening injury in the ring with Brock Lesnar isn't something I saw happening, especially after Taker got that concussion last year.

They wanted to put Austin into the ring with him in 2002. Hell, they put Kurt Angle into the ring with him on multiple occasions in 2003, and his neck problems were far more significant than Bryan's. Hell, wasn't Angle's first PPV match back from minimally invasive neck surgery (which he chose in lieu of more effective spinal fusion) against Brock Lesnar?

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryan vs Sheamus? Wasn't that said to be the original plan for last year? And the same match that went 18 seconds the year before that? And the same match that got bumped to the pre-show and turned into a battle royal the year before that? What is the weird obsession with this?

They wanted Bryan to get revenge on the 18 second loss, and since that was the Original Plan, it must be furiously stuck to no matter how much the crowd rejects it.

Wyatt vs. Taker should be a Casket match. Wyatt loses, the Druids or whatever shit cart him off. He stays off TV for a month, makes an eerie return in new attire, and cuts some whacky promo about having been dumped deep in the Mojave and how he "found hell" and learned to use the darkness to his advantage, and thanks Taker for it. Then you have him beat someone big decisively, go on a winning streak and take the title in the Summer.

Were any records broken last night? Just wondering since they talked them up so much.

Kane broke Shawn Michaels' record of most eliminations.

He also broke his own record of most Royal Rumble appearances with his 18th last night.

I don't know about records broken, but Kane really is a broken record at this point.

Agreed, he's close to getting X-Pac heat. I really don't want another Big Show and Kane tag team title run.

Well, lets not downplay how good a Sheamus/Bryan match would be - even in a vacuum. Their 2/3 falls bout at Extreme Rules 2012 is one of Bryan's absolute finest matches. Turn Sheamus heel and you got a nice little something...

That said, it would be awfully cold comfort compared to a Bryan/Lesnar main event that I've been chomping at the bit to see.

Especially with HHH of all people.

What's hilarious is that apparently, they expected the backlash, only not that huge. Fuck, if you book something expecting a backlash, DON'T FUCKING BOOK IT !!

It's more like "Don't book the Rumble in Philly." I still think either Vince wanted to get revenge on the state for last year by using Rock to manipulate everyone or he honestly thought that last year was about the crowd being behind Reigns, not about it being "Anyone but Batista since he's not Bryan."

I currently have Harris Brothers levels of hatred for Kane. One of my least favourite performers of all time.

I freakin' loathe Kane. I think I've ranted about it before. The dude has sucked for 20 years. I don't care if he's "really safe" or a "company guy" or whatever the heck WWE is using to defend his push X or turn Y, he's just not entertaining. You can put him in a mask and have him set stuff on fire, or come out in a tie & talk like a politician, whatever, at some point the bell has to ring and he's a lumbering freakin' oaf. There's nothing special about him. He's slow, clumsy, awkward, I think he has to have the worst kayfabe timeline history of anyone in wrestling history...there's just nothing good about him. I wish he would go away. I wish he was gone ten years ago.

Especially with HHH of all people.

What's hilarious is that apparently, they expected the backlash, only not that huge. Fuck, if you book something expecting a backlash, DON'T FUCKING BOOK IT !!

It's more like "Don't book the Rumble in Philly." I still think either Vince wanted to get revenge on the state for last year by using Rock to manipulate everyone or he honestly thought that last year was about the crowd being behind Reigns, not about it being "Anyone but Batista since he's not Bryan."

To me, that sums up the arrogance of WWE right there. They knew this was going to happen and did it anyway because they know better than those idiot fans. If we just throw their precious Bryan out early they'll cheer for our guy.

I agree, I made that point elsewhere, but when has that really ever stopped them before? WWE booking is often all about getting themselves into holes for short term gain and then wondering how to dig their way out of it.