Pro Wrestling Only

The booking of Daniel Bryan going forward

shoe

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope Austin grills Hunter about all of this on Monday but all I expect is more corporate double speak.

I know they have to say stuff like this but the company should really stop with the "listening to the fans" mantra in public. No one buys it anymore or anywhere. Again it's an easy target for Austin to go for. Hope he goes for it.

Dave has reiterated that no matter what the company is not changing plans or adding Bryan to the title match

I'd be pretty shocked if Bryan had a guarantee upwards of 7 figures. Given his spot at Mania last year and what we know about past Mania payoffs his overall haul in 2014 makes sense. Going forward? I'd imagine his downside a lot less.

Oh no, his guarantee will be no where near 7 figures, probably around the $500k mark. I seem to recall Dave mentioning this on one of the recent WON radio shows. But, if you take into account his Mania pay off, the PPV bonuses and merchandise sales, he's definitely up there.

Pretty astonishing that made air, mistake or not. Pretty much confirms what we thought. Wonder how many takes they do for a lot of these promos? No wonder they look so choreographed and stale.

Reminds me of some old Smackdown episodes I had on DVD from 2002, the cameras would continue to roll even when it was meant to be off air and kept running for about ten minutes after the show had finished.

Oh boy, if they gave them 10 minutes and it was just some chain wrestling followed quickly by a bunch of finisher reversals and a finish, the crowd would piss all over the rest of the show. I would imagine they'll want everyone in as good a mood as possible for Brock/Reigns, but they have serious issues with their own audience so who knows.

man if only WWE had been smart enough to let the fans get Steve Austin "out of their system" in 1996.

What a fucking stupid retard company.

Whatever they might say, they don't want a stone cold Steve Austin in 2015. They are consistently booked to avoid that level of heat. I think what they absolutely loathe is the idea of anyone being bigger than the WWE brand.

I mean I get some people don't like Ziggler and a heel Sheamus match for DB could be awesome if given enough time.

But considering time restrictions, WWE not wanting Bryan in a "main event" for Mania, and the fact that D-Bry and Ziggler are probably the 2 most over dudes on the roster, I can't complain about a match between them. I hope they don't build the match around "stealing the show" though, I hate that kinda thing.

man if only WWE had been smart enough to let the fans get Steve Austin "out of their system" in 1996.

What a fucking stupid retard company.

Whatever they might say, they don't want a stone cold Steve Austin in 2015. They are consistently booked to avoid that level of heat. I think what they absolutely loathe is the idea of anyone being bigger than the WWE brand.

I should add that I think they book this way despite what should be the obvious fact that they are hugely reliant on part-timers who have personal brands beyond the WWE.

Was thinking about this some more. If they don't have a tag team schmozz like usual, is there a chance Bryan vs Ziggler is the preshow match? I could see their logic being that the "workrate" match should open and also placing it there so the fans can get Bryan out of their system.

If they did this, that crowd could get REALLY heated at the other stars when Main Events come around..

HHH could be booed and Reigns booed out of the building if he wins...

Hope Austin grills Hunter about all of this on Monday but all I expect is more corporate double speak.

I know they have to say stuff like this but the company should really stop with the "listening to the fans" mantra in public. No one buys it anymore or anywhere. Again it's an easy target for Austin to go for. Hope he goes for it.

Dave has reiterated that no matter what the company is not changing plans or adding Bryan to the title match

If WWE really did listen to the fans the entire roster would have a complete makeover. I could see alot of popular indy guys going over and WWE style guys getting depushed.