Pro Wrestling Only

The booking of Daniel Bryan going forward

shoe

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read the Observer piece, but I'd be surprised if that is even in consideration at this point.

Reigns is going to have to really get booed, loudly and clearly, at the next few TV shows and tapings for me to be convinced that the WWE will alter their plans. I think this is one of those times where it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and is a duck. Bryan's job is to make Reigns look good and lose and that is what will happen.

I really, really hope I'm wrong - but my gut is telling me that Reigns is going into Mania to face Lesnar, as a babyface, and the WWE is going to let the chips fall where they may, dealing with the consequences afterwards. Which is the same thing my gut told me would happen at the Rumble.

The one short-sighted thing about this is if they have Reigns win clean. I'm not sure who/why/what I want to see instead, but I'd love for Bryan to have an "out" so that, in 3-4 months time, you can have him challenge for the belt again against a heel champion.

According to Dave the oringinal Fastlane program was Daniel Bryan jobbing to Wyatt. Which again is not the way to promote a top babyface returning from injury.. In 1990 when Sting returned did he job to Flair? no Did HHH ever job on his returns from injury? no Cena? No he won the Rumble.

I more got the impression that Dave has no idea where they're going.

I was operating on the basis that often when he says "this could mean that..." it often turns out to have meant "this is what I was told was happening, but things could change". Hard to tell though.

Fuck it... Anybody can have a guess at this stage:

Reigns vs. Bryan at Fast Lane ends in a draw. They repeat a triple threat at Mania. Reigns and Lesnar beat each other senseless, maybe in some uber spot outside the ring, leaving Bryan the only man (barely) standing in the ring, he gets the "YES" chant going as Heyman looks on in that way that only Heyman can. But then! Out of nowhere, Adrian Neville, Hideo Itami, and Finn Balor storm the ring and mercilessly beat down Bryan. King of Kings hits and the entire Authority come down lead by Triple H who is furious and pointing fingers at the NXT trio. But it's a swerve, Kane, Big Show, and J&J go and attack the still fallen Lesnar and Reigns, whilst the NXT trio drag Heyman into the ring. Suddenly Heyman breaks into a smile and raises the hands of the NXT trio as Triple H moves in for a handshake.

Rollins cashes in on the blessing of Hunter at this point. The announcer says "Ladies and Gentlemen, Seth Rollins is cashing in his MITB contract, thereby inserting himself into this match and it becoming a fatal four way". The NXT trio (who Cole, JBL, etc are basically saying shit like "it's The Shield all over again") hold Bryan down as Rollins deliver the Curb Stomp and gets the 1-2-3 to become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Heyman raises Rollins hand and hugs him, suggesting Heyman masterminded the whole thing.

The benefits of this? Neither Reigns nor Lesnar have to take the fall, Bryan's decamation gets tremenedous heat on Rollins and The Authority. A new stable - Shield Mark II? - debuts and aligns themselves with The Authority, Heyman turns on Brock and becomes Rollins manager/mouthpiece, and the post-Mania Raw is a fucking heatfest!

Nah, Rollins wouldn't cash it in for a straight match like that. He's built this character that's built his reputation on being opportunistic. He'll pick his spot.

I still think that if they know Roman's gonna get booed and they still go with him vs. Brock for the main that they could tease a face turn with Rollins at WM and have him cash in after the fact. He could be the #1 face in the company with something like that, and that's with Bryan getting cheered for like he is.

I could see them doing a triple turn at WM. Heyman turns on Brock to align himself with Reigns and help him win the title. Then as Reigns is beating down Brock, Rollins makes the save and cashes in.

Sadly I don't see them going with Bryan at WM, although I still think that's their best bet. Reigns *needs* a heel run IMO, and getting "screwed" out of his title shot at WM would be the perfect catalyst for that.

Actually here's an option....what if Reigns loses clean to Bryan at Fastlane and then teases a turn. Then the next night on RAW Reigns challenges Rollins to a match for the MITB Contract at WM, setting up their spots on the WM card. Reigns could win the match, perhaps turning both guys in the process (maybe the Authority decides to hitch their cart to Reigns instead of Rollins). Bryan then beats Brock for the title in the main event and then Reigns cashes in to win the title and close the show.

I don't think Bryan should win the title until they are prepared to stick with it for a few months at a minimum. That's what people want that they still haven't received -- not just a title win, but an extended title run.

This is what exactly the WWE doesn't understand. The people thought the Wrestlemania win was the springboard for something meaningful. Until this happens you'll see a lot of upset fans at arenas.

I don't think Bryan should win the title until they are prepared to stick with it for a few months at a minimum. That's what people want that they still haven't received -- not just a title win, but an extended title run.

This is what exactly the WWE doesn't understand. The people thought the Wrestlemania win was the springboard for something meaningful. Until this happens you'll see a lot of upset fans at arenas.

Remember, this is the direction they were heading with bryan last year. it's very much the Rey Mysterio as champ route.

The fans were starting to turn against him a little bit because of it too, not that it bothered him.

tumblr_n5jy6ePTlG1qevcs2o2_250.gif

Part of me feels that since the fanbase SAW that, they wouldn't get away with it again so easily.

I main money feud I see right now is Heyman vs Brock. I would have them do a turn well before WM.

Somehow book Roman out of title picture, Heyman talks about a secret weapon or some such thing and it's ... John Cena! They do a Hogan Bash style turn in which Cena finally snaps and turns in the fans for cheering on a monster ... He shacks up with Heyman, who clearly sees Cena as a big pay check, Bobby Heenan style.

Brock just stays Brock but now he's positioned as a face.

Brock vs Cena at WM. I see that being the biggest gate, biggest drawing match right now.

Roman can get written out in myriad ways. Kayfabe injury, authority screw job, whatever the fuck. Book him out.

Bryan? Why not give him a certified show-stealing five-star match with whoever? Can be his Savage vs Steamboat. Goes thirty minutes.

Bryan vs winner of Cena / Brock at Summerslam.

So Chris Jericho thinks that it's inevitable that Vince is just going to push Reigns no matter what so he thinks Bryan should turn heel and feud with Reigns over the title. Turning Bryan sounds WCW but to be honest it might be the only way he can stay on top of the card for the foreseeable future.

he also thinks they should do Rollins v Bryan v Reigns v Lesnar at WM (not happening cause Rollins is clearly working Orton)

I main money feud I see right now is Heyman vs Brock. I would have them do a turn well before WM.

Not a chance. The feud won't make a dime, will be shit on by the crowd and will be awful to watch. Everyone knows Brock & Heyman are tight in real life, so it is not believable. Also it is repetitive since Heyman has turned many times and they ran the exact same angle in 2002 with him aligning himself with Big Show. The storyline would make no sense whatsoever - why would either of them turn on the other one, when it has been such a successful partnership both financially and professionally. Not remotely plausible.

Not to mention that Brock is still meant to be a heel, and is fantastic in that role. He isn't just a heel because he is aligned with Heyman, he is a heel because he is a violent, uncaring mercenary, who loves destroying the favorites and riling up the crowd he looks down on, thinking as a real athlete he is above them. He loses his aura booked as a face, especially since they have no credible heels to feed him.