Pro Wrestling Only

How many matches?

BigBadMick

I'm not of the school that says you have to watch everything. But those tag matches are richer if you also watch the Misawa-Kawada singles matches from the period and maybe Taue's '95 Carnival run, which made him feel like a bigger threat to Misawa. You could also dig deeper into Kobashi's evolution by watching his matches with Hansen. It's not like you can't enjoy the tag matches without watching that stuff. It's just a matter of how much you want to engage.

Misawa vs. Kawada 10/92

I would say watch the Taue vs. Kawada match from the 93 Carnival

6/1/93

Kawada vs. Kobashi October 1993

12/3/93

5/21/94

6/3/94 Misawa vs. Kawada

11/94

1/95

Misawa vs. Taue Carny Final

6/9/95

7/95 Kawada vs. Misawa

7/95 Taue vs. Kobashi

10/95

12/95 RWTL final

That is a good 15 pack of matches to give you a general sense of the feud overall

To add to Chad's list:

If you haven't watched any of the Jumbo vs. Misawa feud from 1990, I would sample:

5/26/90 Jumbo/Fuchi/Kabuki vs. Misawa/Kobashi/Taue

6/8/90 Misawa vs. Jumbo

9/1/90 Misawa vs. Jumbo

10/28/90 Misawa/Kawada/Kobashi vs. Jumbo/Taue/Fuchi

04/20/91 Misawa/Kawada/Kobashi vs. Jumbo/Taue/Fuchi

10/24/91 Jumbo vs. Kawada

Here is what I would add to the Misawa/Kobashi vs. Kawada/Taue feud:

10/21/92 Misawa vs. Kawada (first singles match for the Triple Crown celebrating 20th Anniversary of the promotion. This sets the feud up)

04/12/93 Kawada vs. Taue (TV is fine but Ginnetty also just got a Handheld of this show. The end of the big Taue vs. Kawada rivalry that was second to Misawa vs. Jumbo from 1991-1992)

7/2/93 Misawa/Kobashi/Akiyama vs. Kawada/Taue/Ogawa (great six man that really cements the Misawa/Kawada rivalry along as well as progresses a couple of other storylines)

I probably will just start from 1990. I've watched quite a bit of this over the years, but with tape trading costs way back when, never chronologically.

I was going to try to just hit the big famous essential-viewing matches, but the more I look at it the bigger this project becomes. Not that I'm complaining.

I probably will just start from 1990. I've watched quite a bit of this over the years, but with tape trading costs way back when, never chronologically.

I was going to try to just hit the big famous essential-viewing matches, but the more I look at it the bigger this project becomes. Not that I'm complaining.

Are you following along with the Excite Series Parv and I are doing? We started at 90 and are up to 92 now. It's not as extensive as you are doing, but we are watching 70 some matches from the 90s.

Misawa and Kobashi v Kawada and Taue

Ok, I've found June and December '93,

May '94,

January, June and December '95.

Is that it, or have I missed some?

Just to make the dates clear, these were the matches between Misawa & Kobashi vs Kawada & Taue:

06/01/93 World Tag Titles

12/03/93 Last Match of Tag League / World Tag Titles

05/21/94 World Tag Titles

11/25/94 Tag League

01/24/95 World Tag Titles

06/09/95 World Tag Titles

10/15/95 World Tag Titles

11/21/95 Tag League

12/09/95 Tag League Final

They finished 3-3-3, which is pretty fitting. Though the final match isn't a great end to the series.