Pro Wrestling Only

PWO PTBN WrestleMania XXXI Reaction Show

Will (Good Will Wrestling) is joined by Kris Zellner (Exile on Badstreet), Dylan Hales (Wrestling Culture), Pete and Johnny Sorrow (Titans of Wrestling). They run down the entire show, the best Mania moments the greatest matches and the surprise ending! This show has more false finishes than Return of the King!

http://placetobenation.com/ptbn-wrestlemania-xxxi-reaction-show/

Dylan laying out the following (paraphrased):

"Triple H got an hour on the show. He got to associate with Ahnold. He basically had his own terminator movie. He went over for no reason. He took the bump from the big time star in Rousey. He's now in the feud with Rock, so he's potentially in the biggest match next year at Mania, and his apprentice went over as champ."

And then Johnny going. "Ehhhhhh, that's an interpretation, doc."

Really good reaction show, I have no idea about the Double A line, but holy shit I was dying in my cubicle.

I thought pretty much everything was pretty much spot on how I felt about the show. I was a bit higher on the Divas, but I am generally higher on Paige/Nikki than most and I genuinely think it is the feud of their year so far. I liked the Cena/Rusev Fast Lane match better because I thought they built to the Cena comeback better and I LOVED that Fast Lane finish. I am a bit lower on Lesnar/Reigns than most. I thought it was a tremendous, physical encounter. I thought the Brock beating was too severe for anyone to make a comeback. Rather than making Reigns look resilient, it felt forced and unnatural. Reigns gave one helluva performance and if he did not win people over last night then I do not know what the fuck people want because Roman Reigns was a badass. Loved the Rollins booking, made perfect sense, I am definitely higher on Rollins than most. I think he and Rusev are the only ones that work hard IN THE RING to get booed by selling vulnerability and shining up the babyfaces. I think Rollins will have a solid reign.

I think this was a great Wrestlemania especially given the card they laid out. That being said I was mildly shocked people thought this was better than Wrestlemania 30. I am a lot higher on Bryan/HHH and I think that is clearly a level above the Brock/Reigns match, but even if people don't I would think that's a wash. The Wrestlemania 30 main event clusterfuck (in a good way) was an amazing feel good ending, which was definitely better than anything on 31 besides the main event in a wrestling quality way, but the Daniel Bryan finish puts it over the top for me. Looking back on the card, I guess what 31 has going for it over 20 is that everything was relatively short where the Taker/Brock and Cena/Wyatt went way too long. It is close, but I still give the nod to 30 for the excellence of Bryan/HHH and the Bryan narrative.

Also, I am 99% my brother and I are going to Wrestlemania XXXII. Even the 0.00001% chance of Austin wrestling is enough to get me to go since I never saw Austin live.

The argument I'd have for WM 31 to be in the top tier of WM's is that every match was a decent to good type of "that" match.

The opening tag match was a fun tag spotfest ala the opening junior tags in New Japan.

The battle royal was a perfectly fine battle royal.

The ladder match was a good ladder spotfest with a really fun finish.

Orton-Rollins was a great 'WWE' style match.

The Diva's tag was probably the best diva match on WM since Trish-Mickie. Low bar to clear, but hey.

Sting-Triple H was nostalgia overdrive, but that's what people who wanted that match in the first place wanted.

Cena-Rusev was a very good WWE main event style w/ all the overblown theatrics.

Bray-'Taker was fine to me, even though it was the worst 'type' of match, but I never thought Bray ever had a chance to win, so I enjoyed it as a 'Taker killing his midcard opponent type of match against somebody like Kama or King Kong Bundy in the 90's, and that was a good version of that.

And of course, the main was an awesome stiff as hell showdown.

My Danny Meltzer background story included him borrowing Dave's id to get into some wrestling party . Drinking a ton of booze. Meeting some of the NXT Divas. To drunk to drive, he takes a cab. He shows the cabby Dave's ID. Cabby drops him off at Dave's . Still drunk he thinks it's his place. So of course the keys don't work . The rest is on WO audio.