Pro Wrestling Only

Extreme Rules 2015 As It Happens...

Timbo Slice

Sheamus vs. Ziggler - This was a great match. Sheamus was outstanding in it. He was starting to get real heat. I liked the finish, because it was the best finish in this stipulation. The post-match was too long, but it ended the way it should have.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Sheamus as recklessly stiff heel giant who hates junior heavies, with the hope that he's not actually taking years off of said dudes. Some of those drops looked vicious. Kind of a badly executed flash pin by Ziggler, but the right idea for a finish. Match was a reminder of how good Sheamus was in 2013-14 in trio tags and elsewhere.

Pressing questions: Can I roll a joint in time, before hashtags and the announce team overtake us?

Tyson Kidd & Cesaro vs. The New Day (Tag Team Championship Match)

- Man… Cesaro picking Big E up in mid air

- I love how they kicked Big E in the corner in time with “New Day sucks”

- Cesaro was super over on the hot tag. Cesaro is so awesome, his entire sequence with Kofi was good.

- Really hot tag match. I was really hoping Cesaro-Kidd would keep the belts longer but I did predict New Day would win.

I enjoyed that match quite a bit. I honestly think the tag team division is going to be better with The Usos out for a bit. They will probably run Kidd/Cesaro vs. New Day into the ground like they do all their tag title feuds but at least this will be fun for a while. Cesaro/Big E was just as fun as I hoped it would be.

Cesaro/Kidd vs. New Day (Big E. & Kofi) - This was awesome. I thought it was a great match with great near falls, great heat, and a nice shocking finish. I'm a little irked by Cesaro and Kidd losing the belts but I'm still interested in where things are going with New Day as heel champs. I love the Chicago crowd too.

There were parts of that match which were really good. The way that Cesaro and Kidd just sync their movements in the ring is really impressive. I could go for them chasing New Day for a couple of months with nefarious freebirds rules techniques foiling them til they finally get them back at Summerslam.

Kidd & Cesaro vs. New Day - not at all a fan of switching the titles, but I loved this match. Give it a ton longer than I ever would've imagined and they made the most of it. Cesaro with his power spots, great near falls and creative saves - see Cesaro's headbutt, a couple sick dives, awesome heat. Win for everybody. Maybe even ***3/4 good.

New Day vs. Cesaro-Kidd was way more fun than it had any right to be. Match of the night?

Anyone disappointed that we didn't actually see Ambrose and Harper fighting on the streets of Chi-Town? Attitude era bullshit, maybe, but it would be so different compared to what we usually see these days.