Pro Wrestling Only

Draft discussion, analysis and trash talk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened with the Golden picks?

They were a team just Robert was out injured at the time so it was a fair pick. I am sure that Boon would work out some type of Andre for Jimmy Golden deal as I know you had him quite high on your board.

There is a disturbingly large amount of people on my depth chart still left despite a really long time between picks. I am trying to keep Portland somewhat within the realm of what was actually feasible in 83 in terms of "star" power, plus there is a type of guy who I think is a perfect fit for Portland, the best example of which is probably Embry. If I can get six of the names currently on my depth chart I will be pretty happy.

My second round pick was over thirty removed from my 4th, which was two picks behind my forfeited third round pick. Honestly I think if you're going to draft a tag team that's the way to go. Take it on a round where you're picking high and you are close to dead last the next round. You're maybe sacrificing two or three picks in between where you would have picked and where you did for two guys you want right now. It just makes sense.

My second round pick was over thirty removed from my 4th, which was two picks behind my forfeited third round pick. Honestly I think if you're going to draft a tag team that's the way to go. Take it on a round where you're picking high and you are close to dead last the next round. You're maybe sacrificing two or three picks in between where you would have picked and where you did for two guys you want right now. It just makes sense.

That's the only time I considered picking a team, unfortunately my team (Fantastic Ones) was selected.

I think my promotion will be running all brand new tag teams.

To me this isn't really a competition, outside of perhaps the drafting part. It's just a creative writing outlet using the medium of professional wrestling. So I find much more value in getting the guys I would enjoy booking more than getting bigger names or having a "national TV time slot." The roleplaying aspect of being a carny wrestling promoter also has some appeal.

To me this isn't really a competition, outside of perhaps the drafting part. It's just a creative writing outlet using the medium of professional wrestling. So I find much more value in getting the guys I would enjoy booking more than getting bigger names or having a "national TV time slot." The roleplaying aspect of being a carny wrestling promoter also has some appeal.

I'm really enjoying working with others here, doing joint shows, talent trades, etc... It is a part that I didn't think about when I signed up, but it's been a lot of fun.

Yeah, I'm all about seeing what kind of things can be accomplished in a cooperative manner. A part of it is the nature of the draft and how thin talent is going to end up being as well. It's going to be hard to have a really big wrestling show with 4 or 5 big names.