Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Board of Directors

peachchaos

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured I'd put this here, since it's kinda the catch-all for NWA stuff.

As you guys know, I own the hour slot on the USA Network. As I said before, I plan to use the first half hour for Wrestling at the Chase, and I was thinking of opening up the second half to other NWA affiliates. Which brings me to the question of format.

Since, if we go this route, you guys would be using it more than I would, I was looking for some input on it. One way to go would be to have it be a rotating hour of hype, each promotion getting the entire thirty minutes for a week to do with as they will. This might not be the best way to go, as you couldn't really get any momentum with it, but it's an idea.

Another idea would be a half hour highlight reel from around the Alliance, maybe with a match of the week at the end. This gives everyone a national platform to get over angles, and helps build things like Starrcade a little better.

I think the second idea is better, but I'm open to suggestions. On the other hand, if there isn't really enough interest, then I could just run an hour of TV.

OR...Matt D could run it, get matches and angles from everyone, and put it together that way. That'd be really cool, though I'm not sure he has the time, nor inclination, to do it.

The only place where the champ didn't tour for a week was Puerto Rico.

There would be shots here and there and some places where he just did weekends.

I was just about to post that about the champ working weekends in Puerto Rico.

In that case, I would request the champ for July 1-3 (or 2-3), September 16-18 (or September 17-18), and December 16-18 (or 17-18).

Whomever the President and Board end up being, Jim Crockett implores them not to make any drastic changes just for change's sake. With Ric Flair having just lost the NWA World Title back to Harley Race mere days ago in order to set up a rematch and title win at a supercard in the fall, Crockett would like assurance that this will continue as planned.

Flair is the man of the hour at the moment and although Crockett doesn't expect Flair to necessarily hold the title for as long as previous champions, deviating from this plan would cause some major issues in JCP's end of the year programs.

Whomever the President and Board end up being, Jim Crockett implores them not to make any drastic changes just for change's sake. With Ric Flair having just lost the NWA World Title back to Harley Race mere days ago in order to set up a rematch and title win at a supercard in the fall, Crockett would like assurance that this will continue as planned.

Flair is the man of the hour at the moment and although Crockett doesn't expect Flair to necessarily hold the title for as long as previous champions, deviating from this plan would cause some major issues in JCP's end of the year programs.

Central States stands with JCP.