Pro Wrestling Only

Money in the Bank 2015... Live as it Happens

goodhelmet

OK, the show is a few hours away and I think it is time to make predictions.

R-Truth vs. King Barrett (Kickoff Match) - Lame.

Nikki Bella vs. Paige - If there goal is to make Nikki the longest reigning women's champ then I see no reason to bet against her.

Ryback vs. Big Show - The common sense thing to do is have Ryback win and build the belt. With that said, would it shock anyone if they gave it to Big Show?

New Day vs. Prime Time Players - New Day retains.

Money in the Bank (Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton vs. Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Neville) - Before the E Chamber, I would have said this is guaranteed to be a great entertaining spotfest. After E Chamber, it could be a disappointing clusterfuck that makes everyone look like shit coming out of it. Who knows? I don't know if I like Roman Reigns winning the MITB but would anyone care if someone else won it?

John Cena vs. Kevin Owens - Rusev match 2.

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins (Ladder Match) - Seth gets his belt back. Dean disappears into obscurity.

This may be another... good action, terrible booking show. I have no idea what to predict with this company anymore.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R-Truth vs. King Barrett

Nikki Bella vs. Paige

Ryback vs. Big Show

The New Day vs. Prime Time Players

Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton vs. Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Neville (Roman is taking it, foregone conclusion at this stage)

John Cena vs. Kevin Owens (via DQ)

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins (I suspect Kane gets involved, once again becoming on good terms with Rollins)

Alvarez has been throwing around the idea of Reigns turning heel on this show and cashing in Ambrose after the main event. I don't see that at all. Reigns wins MITB. Rollins beats Ambrose clean. Brock returns tomorrow setting up Rollins v Lesnar at Battleground. There is a schmozz finish and the next night on RAW Reigns announces he is cashing in at Summerslam setting a triple threat for that show. Reigns pins Rollins at SS setting up the Reigns/Lesnar matches where Reigns finally gets put over. I actually think they are going to go the simple route this time. Reigns/Cena has to be in the works for late this year/early next year you would think

I really wish they would've held off on running another Cena match with Owens. They're gonna end up burning through this feud in the same way they did Bray & Rusev. It's just rushing things for no rhyme or reason, in my view.

They could've easily spiked interest by "rewarding" Owens' victory over Cena last month by slotting him into the MITB match. That would've AT LEAST given us three viable options in Kane, Reigns, and Owens as potential winners there.

Cena could easily have done something else on the show, whether it be another open challenge OR even "earning" his own spot in the MITB match, just to spite Owens and possibly get his hands on him again.

Instead, they'll likely given Cena his win back here. I hope I'm wrong there though - and they don't rush back into that pattern of putting Cena over the guy multiple times in a row - just so we know who's who in the pecking order.

Cena's the most generous & giving top guy they've ever had. He's willing to do whatever, but it's a matter of the decision makers always wanting to rush to give him his wins back. The whole Even Stevens booking is just murdering momentum for guys like Ryback, Bray, Rusev, and possibly Owens next. At some point, they need to strap a rocket to one of 'em and quit with the stop & start stuff.

Instead, as it stands - it's like Vince took a bathroom break during the buildup video package on the night of Elimination Chamber, Hunter quickly flipped the finish to put Owens over, and Vince returned from relieving himself just in time to yell over the headset for Cole to announce the rematch IMMEDIATELY.

That way, ya know, Cena gets his win back or whatever. As a result, Owens' big star-making night, big post-fight promo, and big triumph - which actually meant A WHOLE LOT in the moment - is quickly swept away & left behind in the grand scheme of things.

It's similar to the way they treat stipulations, which is why I think it's actually a deep-rooted source of the problem with their booking. The matches deliver. The action is great. But these "special events" usually lack any special appeal because the booking is so awful.

And poor Barrett. My god. One year ago, he was struck down with an injury at a time when he REALLY seemed to be hitting a brand new stride. He was taken out of the MITB briefcase match, where he actually looked like an outlying dark horse candidate to win the thing. Fast forward to today? And the guy's struggling to get wins over R Truth on the pre-show. Yuck.

Alvarez has been throwing around the idea of Reigns turning heel on this show and cashing in Ambrose after the main event. I don't see that at all. Reigns wins MITB. Rollins beats Ambrose clean. Brock returns tomorrow setting up Rollins v Lesnar at Battleground. There is a schmozz finish and the next night on RAW Reigns announces he is cashing in at Summerslam setting a triple threat for that show. Reigns pins Rollins at SS setting up the Reigns/Lesnar matches where Reigns finally gets put over. I actually think they are going to go the simple route this time. Reigns/Cena has to be in the works for late this year/early next year you would think

I think this is probably the best route, though I also think the briefcase is a bit of an albatross and maybe giving it to Kofi would be better for that reason. I thought Reigns should have gone over at Mania, so I definitely am in favor of them finally pulling the trigger on him.

I think a briefcase cheap cash in would hurt Reigns.

Even if he is a heel and is with Heyman?

Of course for this to happen Ambrose really should win the title tonight and I don't see that happening. Unless they seem to think that Rollins can go back babyface which I don't see

I expect Reigns to win MITB as well. Nobody else in that match is deserving of a major title run except Orton and fuck that ship has passed a hundred times

Biggest fear about ladder match is that J&J security and Kane interfere in the match like Monday never happened

I think a briefcase cheap cash in would hurt Reigns.

Even if he is a heel and is with Heyman

I really don't see any point in doing that now, it's not February anymore. They need to stick with their investment on Reigns and book him strong until he is ready to win it on the right stage.

MITB in its inception was an interesting-if-flawed way of making a midcarder into a main eventer, which is something they almost never do. You'd now have to go back to the Miz in 2010 to see it used it that way. They've killed the concept by making it a ladder match of main eventers who don't know how to work ladder matches. Part of it is that they now only have one world champion and are doing longer title runs, which means that the inherent hotshotting of most MITB title wins doesn't really work anymore.

Remember when it came out a couple weeks ago that the writers really like the biweekly PPVs because it means they don't have to think longterm or build anything? Wonder if they still feel that way now.

Who's coming out of this show stronger than they were? Maybe New Day, by stacking up another win on a team they just beat two weeks ago? Leaving them with... zero viable challengers? You could argue Reigns, but as others have said, it's a lame way to start his climb back to the title. Cena gains nothing from beating Owens. I don't even think Owens gains much from beating Cena again this early, even if it's a clean pin. Current heel Sheamus would actually be a pretty awesome MITB briefcase holder, but it's not gonna happen.

The only big news coming out of this would be a legit Ambrose title win (which won't happen), or a Reigns heel turn (which shouldn't happen). I hope I'm wrong, but this whole card feels like a mess.