Pro Wrestling Only

Money in the Bank 2015... Live as it Happens

goodhelmet

Match was the best Rollins/Ambrose match I've seen so far. Really dug how it was a hate filled encounter that just happened to have a ladder involved. They didn't go overly cute with the Ladder spots. Hated that finish though, Ambrose should have been dead after Rollins's Mike Awesome tribute.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess we are going to get about 10 minutes of Meltzer trying to explain to Alvarez the concept of coming down with the ball

So I figure that Shemaus is holding on to the MITB for a long time (cash in after WM again?) because I don't see him doing anything with Rollins and probably not even Brock and Reigns

Of all the things I don't like about the accelerated booking of 2015, the worst is that you see top babyfaces fail so much more often. For all of the positives of HHH running things, you also have to contend with his weird belief that any and all important matches should be won by heels.

Since the formation of the Authority at Summerslam 2013, I can think of three babyface victories that mattered. Bryan winning the title at Mania (undone by mysterious crypto-injury #1), the Shield beating Evolution two straight in a feud that seemed to end largely because Batista left, and Bryan winning the IC title at Mania (undone by mysterious crypto-injury #2). You can maybe add Cena's US title win to that list too (but definitely not his 2014 World title win at MITB). Coming up on two years and counting of the Authority as top heels.

I predict they will be sorry they gave Sheamus that briefcase before we hit fall/winter.

Meltzer was saying on WOR how WWE tends to change their mind about the MITB winner at the last minute (Bryan, Sandow) and then Vince hating the winner the next day. Don't think he'll hate Fella but I agree that he will be sorry they gave the briefcase to him.

The Rhodes brothers going over the Shield, definitely. And the Survivor Series win (Caused by Sting) too, though that only mattered for a month.

Survivor Series is iffy because as you mentioned the result meant nothing five weeks later. The other four I agree with

I got the Sheamus MITB win and Roman/Wyatt "who cares?" brawl spoiled for me on Facebook, so I ended up only watching the final three matches and some other misc. stuff.

- Awesome Dusty tributes throughout the show.

- Paige's promo before the Divas match wasn't bad at all, especially her mention of Dusty at the end, and the finish with the switcheroo and tissued boobs was funny enough, but I won't lie and say I watched the match itself, because I didn't.

- As I mentioned, I skipped the MITB match itself after being spoiled on it. These multi-man ladder match spotfests bore me now. I just don't care about them anymore. Have I officially become an old man? Sheamus winning was a "surprise," yes, but I don't see where they can go with it. Almost no World Title feud/scenario involving him is compelling to me. The Roman/Bray feud also doesn't interest me in the least. Bray Wyatt's act flat out doesn't work for me at the moment. It's not believable. It feels like a person playing a bad over-the-top character.

- Cena/Owens wasn't as good as last month (still good though), and the post-match was the same shit he's been doing in NXT. With that said, I loved all of the little touches - such as Cena arguing with the ref, showing frustration, etc. And Cena's Canadian Destroyer Code Red...wow. The Springboard Stunner looked botched in the original camera angle but it looked fine during the replay from a different angle. Anyone who says Cena isn't a good wrestler can shove it.

- Prime Time Players vs. New Day was okay...nothing special. The pre-match promo with New Day was fun, but I'm glad PTP won. I thought they should've been pushed two years ago when A.W. was still with them.

- The main event wasn't bad, but I was hoping it would end with both of them clutching the belt. That would be new, at least. Kind of surprised they made such a big deal of Rollins - a heel - winning cleanly. Don't see how that helps Ambrose.

Well that MITB ladder match was fucking horrible. 3 minutes in and everybody was already selling death around the ring. Kofi was out for 7 minutes after his powerbomb! Ziggler disappeared for maybe even longer! The whole match was two people slowly climbing while 5 others lied on the floor. Just completely terrible.

So let me get this straight : people are praising John Cena for turning himself into an indy-like stopfu artist, doing a lot of new moves, including the Canadian Destroyer (which has been rightly ridiculed for years) ?

That's what I'd call consistency.

I can only speak for myself, but that wasn't my point at all.

My point is that Cena gets lambasted in some quarters of the internet because he's too formulaic, all he does is work WWE style safely laid out main events, he's not adaptable, et. But it turns out when working with the PWGish indie guys of various types (Cesaro, Neville, Rollins, Owens, even Punk and Bryan to a degree) he has seamlessly been able to work that way. In fact tonight Owens basically worked the exact same match as the first Cena match, with Cena being the guy who changed things up and added something fresh to the match. As I said on Twitter my preference would be a 2007 style John Cena, but as the company is quickly filling up with PWGish indie guys, I think Cena deserves credit for working that style and being really good at it.

Also it's worth noting he didn't do a Canadian Destroyer. He did a Code Red.