Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You know what I'm really enjoying in this project right now? It's all of the awesome things going on in the last few months that never happened "in real life" even though those things almost certainly would have been amazing.

The biggest one is probably Flair as WWF champ in '86, but there are so so many, big and small, in every promotion.

For example:

Tim Flowers getting a main event run in the US.

Windham and Savage, in their primes, feuding (which is what made me start thinking about this).

All the different NWA feds working together and co-operating.

AWA and Lutte promoting a joint show.

AWA TV that is actually GOOD.

Dusty vs Hansen!

Rick Martel as a touring world champ.

Owen Hart going full heel in the WWC.

MS-1 and Pirata Morgan in Montreal.

Jake and Roddy leading groups of young wrestlers and feuding against each other.

Big John Studd as a champ, down in Texas.

Bam Bam Bigelow and Dan Spivey, getting early pushes and maybe reaching their full potential.

Steamboat as a top guy against wrestlers other than Flair, and Orndorff on top against guys other than Hogan.

Honky going after Lawler.

​Rocky Johnson & Wendell Cooley as a team.

Million Dollar Man as a Southern Heel.

The Road Warriors as old school touring, fighting, tag champs.

So many SuperCards, each one booked really well and full of action and surprises.

I could go on and on and on.

Anyway, hats off to all of you.

I mean... right now Chiggy, Jackie, Dump, Devil, Jaguar, Lioness, Kong, and Kandori all are just sitting around doing nothing. Seems like kind of a shame.

Are any women being used? Bomb Angels? Judy Martin? Sherri?

What would I be looking at?

I mean... right now Chiggy, Jackie, Dump, Devil, Jaguar, Lioness, Kong, and Kandori all are just sitting around doing nothing. Seems like kind of a shame.

Lutte books women once in a while. Wendy Richter, Madusa, and so on...

Sherri and Woman are with the Horsemen in WWE now. There are other valets, like Baby Doll and managers like Elizabeth who are active in various promotions.

I have often thought about booking a Joshi match on a big card but so far have never done so.

I can't speak for everyone else, but something like what I'm doing with Japan where I have a huge roster of basically "every important male Japanese wrestler who was active in 1986" but am always happy to send them to work elsewhere would probably be workable. So, you'd be able to have most everyone you'd want on your roster but with the tacit understanding that you'd be generous in allowing them to work for other promoters. That's just me spitballing, though.

Abdullah, Hansen, Brody, Inoki, and Maeda are on the Freelancers list and I can book them whenever and so can any other promotion. I don't know if that would be necessary for any specific female workers but it's a possibility if there's any dispute. I volunteered Inoki and Maeda for the list because they are huge-enough names and I wanted to make some room at the top of my cards.

SirEd would probably be the main guy to work out details with, since he seems to use the women more than anyone else. I imagine LowBlow will have some solid suggestions as well.

It would be a welcome addition to have a Joshi fed and get Grimmas back on board if you ask me.

I am on board with the whole project really working great. It seems like everyone has found their niche and is running with it really well.

Get a list of women who were active in 1986 and then we can work backwards. I have Liz, Woman, and Sherri as valets but I can sacrifice Sherri to work elsewhere as long as we can work out terms for her to be around WWF to manage the Horsemen here and there.

I think this would be a great addition and something fun to work around with the men.

Women wrestlers active in 1986:

North America:

Luna Vachon

Joyce Grable

Debbie Combs

Jeanne Kirkland

Candice Pardue

Lola Gonzalez

Velvet McIntyre

Candi Devine

Wendi Richter

Judy Martin

Leilani Kai

Sherri Martel

Penny Mitchell

Judy Martin

Monster Ripper

The Lock

Sue Green

Peggy Lee Leather

Desiree Pettersen

Susan Sexton

Japan:

Jaguar Yokota

Lioness Asuka

Chigusa Nagayo

Dump Matsumoto

Itsuki Yamazaki

Noriyo Tateno

Aja Kong

Bison Kimura

Akira Hokuto

Yumiko Hotta

Bull Nakano

Condor Saito

Devil Masami

Crane Yu

Mika Komatsu

Ykari Omori

Yumi Ogura

Kazue Nagahori

Jumbo Hori

Shinobu Kandori

there may be more, but that is the stand outs.

So I would say the next step is to see where any of those people are and let's work out ways for them to get to you.

Then the next question is also do you want to run an American promotion or Japanese promotion or a joint promotion with both?

It's going to be in Japan, as a home base. Already talked to SirEdger about some talent. Just really a deal with you about Sherri, because I don't think there is anyone else I actually need.

Sherri I only need for my debut show, at least for now, unless something comes up.

Go with as many women as you can handle there. We have a cap of 50 and you can definitely use Sherri. I just need her on Mondays for TV tapings and sparingly for bigger shows like SNME and a couple of others but those are minor details to work out. Also make sure she keeps her pretty... she has to look good for the Horsemen.

Go with as many women as you can handle there. We have a cap of 50 and you can definitely use Sherri. I just need her on Mondays for TV tapings and sparingly for bigger shows like SNME and a couple of others but those are minor details to work out. Also make sure she keeps her pretty... she has to look good for the Horsemen.

I'll let you know if there is a blood feud coming.

Roster, schedule, info coming soon. Probably going to start late June, so I can watch some of these women I haven't seen much of.