Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 7/13 - 7/19

goodhelmet

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think they want Rousey to work Mania next year? Steph posts a pic with her from the ESPYs and Vince and Hunter both kiss her ass congratulating her on the awards she won. 105,000 seats that need to be sold out

Believe me the fact that Rousey won't work WM next year has nothing to do with Rousey or the WWE. It is all because of Dana and it is going to take probably more than a Brock Lesnar appearance to change it

Wade Keller kinda alluded to this on twitter and I've seen it a few other places the idea that the "Authority Era" the last 2 years and the constant trolling of the audience and heel domination has finally caught up to the company business wise. I know some of us here were predicting that about a year ago or so. There are obvious holes in the theory but I buy into it to a degree. I think it holds more weight than "all the big stars are gone" and "no one cares about the new guys and girls"

Obviously Dana would agree to it if the WWE helps engineer the first ever UFC Tag Team fight. Lesnar and Punk vs Mir and McGregor. Kick off Punk's MMA career on a high note even if the fight consists of Lesnar mauling both opponents while Punk does shadow kicks off to the side for the crowd.

The biggest problem for UFC in letting Rousey go to WWE isn't how she's booked, as that likely won't be an issue, but rather handing one of her buyrates to WWE rather than keep it in house. She's likely to transition to movies at some point. She may eat a punch at some point. The shelf life here is limited so to give arguably her biggest number ever to your competition rather than hand you the cash to see her is a pretty big deal.

Honestly, there is way more risk involved to Dana than reward when it comes to Rousey & WrestleMania. Is her working WrestleMania REALLY going to bring a lot of new eyes to her UFC fights? I doubt it would make her PPV numbers move too much and on the flip side of it they have to risk her getting injured in a WWE ring and losing her for a big money UFC fight.

They have enough problems with people getting injured in their own training camps, I don't see them taking a risk on letting one of their 3 biggest draws work a WWE match.

think they want Rousey to work Mania next year? Steph posts a pic with her from the ESPYs and Vince and Hunter both kiss her ass congratulating her on the awards she won. 105,000 seats that need to be sold out

I thought the exact same thing. I realize it's 2015, but it's a questionable move to be publicly friendly when they are trying to draw the biggest gate of all-time in Dallas, and Rousey-Steph may be a key part of that. It's like Kang and Kodos dressing as Clinton and Dole and holding hands in public before the election.

So I caught the three way from Raw again this morning. The first time I didn't even see the first three minutes where Cena talks about being a fighting champion who doesn't hide behind politics or bullshit with a COMPLETELY straight face, 15 minutes before he gets to beat the crap out of a guy who can't stand up anymore. That made it even better.

Seriously I love Rusev/Owens/Cesaro so much. It lost nothing on second viewing and it's pretty much neck and neck with Sasha/Becky for my favourite match this year. Which is crazy given the amount of essays I've written on great Cena matches in the last two months. But I think I liked this better than all of them. It was like a perfect three way match.

Meanwhile, on SmackDown, Cesaro beat Rusev in an awesome match. And the story being told is all about Cesaro. Pretty much all the announcers, especially Lawler, we're talking about how Cesaro has stepped it up and gotten to that next level. And when he won they totally went with the angle that he was only the second man to ever pin Rusev and made a huge deal about it as Cesaro stage dived into the fans celebrating.

It seems to be the case. Doesn't mean that he's main eventing Mania or being in the world champ level, he's going to lose matches. But it looks like the presentation of Cesaro is now gonna be as one of the "future of the WWE" group. They needed someone in that role for the last few weeks, he "grabbed the brass ring", probably had the backing of Cena, and he has been killing it.

The IC title match has been scrapped from the PPV, at least it was the last time I checked on WWE.com.

I'm guessing they probably think Ryback might be out for a little bit so Cesaro was moved into the "we won't completely ignore this guy" level.

Unless Ryback is going to be gone over 2 months, I don't see them pulling the IC title off him considering that JUST happened. Unless he has a really awful staph infection I would imagine he should be back within 4-6 weeks.

That women's segment on RAW is the definition of ham-fisted. I missed that awesome angle when Jim Crockett gave Dusty friends to fight the Four Horsemen OR when Eric Bischoff set up the New World Order in the middle of the ring talking about how we need to revolutionize wrestling. Fuck how stupid does that sound in the context of a wrestling show? It is like feuding over who is more entertaining. How hard would it be to shoot an angle with Paige going down to NXT for a couple weeks befriending Charlotte and Becky. Sasha is pissed she isn't asked to join and starts her own stable. Guess how long it took me to come up with that? Two minutes! How the fuck do I get a job with these Numbnuts that run this place?

Yes like everyone else I concede having the NXT girls is a huge boom for the main show. That has to go down as some of the laziest booking in history.

It's less about lazy booking than about Stephy being a glory whore and wanting all the attention and credit to herself. I liked the fact the girls showed up on RAW and were featured, but I hate the fact Stephy had to play Big Mama, especially since it doesn't register with the fact she's supposed to be a fucking heel. But that's the way it is. Stephy & Hunter are the only true stars of the show (and it's been ingrained in the mind of the audience so much that it's been reflected in the ratings too, now. Yay. Being pushed non-stop for 15 years will eventually submit what's left of your audience).

For anyone who watches Orange Is The New Black, I get a huge Steph vibe from the lady who runs the prison on the show, Figueroa or whatever her name is. She's a heel, but she doesn't truly get that she's a heel. She is, however, an enormously selfish glory hound who will latch onto anything popular and try to take credit for it, and then seek to control it. Which is why you get moments like this when Steph, supposed to be a heel, appears to be on the crowd's side and does something magnanimous. She's chasing that validation.

There's nothing more ingratiating than someone in power claiming to start a "revolution". But it is a very Steph McMahon thing to do.

That women's segment on RAW is the definition of ham-fisted. I missed that awesome angle when Jim Crockett gave Dusty friends to fight the Four Horsemen OR when Eric Bischoff set up the New World Order in the middle of the ring talking about how we need to revolutionize wrestling. Fuck how stupid does that sound in the context of a wrestling show? It is like feuding over who is more entertaining. How hard would it be to shoot an angle with Paige going down to NXT for a couple weeks befriending Charlotte and Becky. Sasha is pissed she isn't asked to join and starts her own stable. Guess how long it took me to come up with that? Two minutes! How the fuck do I get a job with these Numbnuts that run this place?

Yes like everyone else I concede having the NXT girls is a huge boom for the main show. That has to go down as some of the laziest booking in history.

well said, this articulates a lot of what has bothered me about this angle but I couldn't quite say.

The kicker is that this angle has been in the works for weeks according to the dirt sheets. like with all that lead time, why couldn't they do like you said and actually build up to this instead of just throwing it out there? I have a lot of complaints about WWE but I think maybe the biggest one (because it permeates their whole product) is the lack of attention to detail. everything they do just feels so sloppy and half-assed, even their really big angles that they clearly put most of their effort into rarely end up being the best version they could possibly be.

The Cesaro thing is interesting. There was all that news in the last couple months about how HHH was very high on building him and Tyson Kidd as top of the roster singles stars.

The Steph stuff wouldn't be as bad if she would pick one type of shittiness and stick to it. Either be an obnoxious overpushed heel who would make 2003 HHH blush, or be a self-congratulatory brand-obsessed modern executive taking credit for the "real" public relations parts of the show. Trying to be Sheryl Sandberg and Cersei Lannister in alternating segments just ends up negating both approaches.

The Cesaro thing is interesting. There was all that news in the last couple months about how HHH was very high on building him and Tyson Kidd as top of the roster singles stars.

There was? That's interesting (and good), but I don't remember that. Cesaro gets the attention, but I do think if he can get healthy, Tyson Kidd has always had major upside.

For anyone who watches Orange Is The New Black, I get a huge Steph vibe from the lady who runs the prison on the show, Figueroa or whatever her name is. She's a heel, but she doesn't truly get that she's a heel. She is, however, an enormously selfish glory hound who will latch onto anything popular and try to take credit for it, and then seek to control it. Which is why you get moments like this when Steph, supposed to be a heel, appears to be on the crowd's side and does something magnanimous. She's chasing that validation.

There's nothing more ingratiating than someone in power claiming to start a "revolution". But it is a very Steph McMahon thing to do.

Not really the place for that but nah Natalie Figueroa knows she is a heel. She knows no one likes her. Its just that she thinks she knows whats best for business...so yeah she's Steph.

Also I was thinking about Cesaro and Kidd earlier, how awkward it would have been if Cesaro continues to kill it and then when Kidd comes back, he's asked to go back to the team and how that could affect Cesaro's morale. But if they are high on Kidd as well, it might work as two buddies who chases their own singles dreams and occasionally teamed up.