Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 7/13 - 7/19

goodhelmet

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I was thinking about Cesaro and Kidd earlier, how awkward it would have been if Cesaro continues to kill it and then when Kidd comes back, he's asked to go back to the team and how that could affect Cesaro's morale. But if they are high on Kidd as well, it might work as two buddies who chases their own singles dreams and occasionally teamed up.

I figured Kidd was done after reading the whole "he should have died" story.

Watched that Cesaro vs Rusev match from Smackdown. Excellent TV match, and looked like a big moment for Cesaro. Gotta love Vince's idiotic idea that this guy "doesn't connect". Yeah, right.

Since I really haven't followed the product closely, I must say, after watching two Rusev matches this week, I don't get why he's settled with Summer Rae. She really brings nothing to the table apart from being a tall blonde. Wasn't she Fandango's dance partner a while back ? Displayed no personnality here.

It's interesting to notice that the hottest workers in WWE right now are a French-canadian, a Bulgarian and a Swiss. And they're all legit.

Also I was thinking about Cesaro and Kidd earlier, how awkward it would have been if Cesaro continues to kill it and then when Kidd comes back, he's asked to go back to the team and how that could affect Cesaro's morale. But if they are high on Kidd as well, it might work as two buddies who chases their own singles dreams and occasionally teamed up.

I figured Kidd was done after reading the whole "he should have died" story.

My money is on him being done. I know he wants to wrestle again, but the statistics about his injury are not in his favor.

Well one thing about having Steph be involved with the NXT women is it does make it harder for the Kevin Dunn types to do their usual bury job to Vince if she's positioned in the middle of it.

That's actually quite an underrated aspect of modern WWE. The longer HHH asserts himself as the Heir Apparent the sooner the time will come where she's going to be in a position where she has to side with either Vince and the status quo or Hunter and how he wants to present things going forward. As much as people tend to dislike her it can't be easy having to be the balance between your dad and your husband.

For anyone who watches Orange Is The New Black, I get a huge Steph vibe from the lady who runs the prison on the show, Figueroa or whatever her name is. She's a heel, but she doesn't truly get that she's a heel. She is, however, an enormously selfish glory hound who will latch onto anything popular and try to take credit for it, and then seek to control it. Which is why you get moments like this when Steph, supposed to be a heel, appears to be on the crowd's side and does something magnanimous. She's chasing that validation.

There's nothing more ingratiating than someone in power claiming to start a "revolution". But it is a very Steph McMahon thing to do.

Not really the place for that but nah Natalie Figueroa knows she is a heel. She knows no one likes her. Its just that she thinks she knows whats best for business...so yeah she's Steph.

Well what I meant by that was while she knows she's hated, she still thinks that she's right and she's doing what's best for everyone. She just thinks she's misunderstood, that people are too stupid to see that her way is the best way. She's not out to get people, she just doesn't care who she pisses off along the way. It's almost a kind of martyrdom where they bear the heavy burden of being disliked because they're trying to do what's best for business, and the poor plebs just don't see it yet.

It's one of the most dangerous kinds of heel, one that thinks they're doing the right thing.

Except she has always made it clear she prefers the soap opera aspect of wrestling-the drama of storylines. She is the one who hires the Hollywood writers and she is the one who tends to try to steer their vision with that element. It probably all started in 2000 when her love triangle storyline was such a big hit. She has chased that ever since, hoping to recapture the lightning in the bottle. This is why I am not entirely sold on the idea the presentation would be so different under Hunter and herself than what we have had all these years to date. And she is going to be the owner, not Hunter. I wouldn't be surprised if when Daddy passes away she kept the show largely unchanged out of tribute to him. The only thing that would be different maybe is the way things are shot and presented because of no Dunn around to drag the production staff down.

edit: this was a response to sek69.

Since I really haven't followed the product closely, I must say, after watching two Rusev matches this week, I don't get why he's settled with Summer Rae. She really brings nothing to the table apart from being a tall blonde. Wasn't she Fandango's dance partner a while back ? Displayed no personnality here.

I think it's a case that she's the best candidate for role by default. With Lana being freshly face turned, they clearly want to put her against a heel woman for physical interaction. However, Lana is no wrestler, so that rules out the Bellas, Naomi, Fox and Tamina. Layla is mysteriously absent and Paige and Natalya are faces. That leaves Summer, Cameron and Eva Marie, and Summer is easily the best of those three.

Tamina isn't a great worker, but I've always thought they could do some fun stuff with her. I like the idea of Bo Dallas taking her as a ringside second and doing spots where he hides behind her for heat. I could see that working with Miz also. She doesn't need to be really good in the ring -- she just needs to look good beating people up.

Tamina has always frustrated me because she looks like she's got it all...until the match starts. She looks great (and unrelatedly I've always had a crush on her...don't know why), has this great menacing presence when she towers over other girls, and even more than that, like I said she does give off this weird kind of sexual, predatory vibe when she stares a hole through someone. She even has that great superkick and can really lay her shit in.

But for whatever reason, despite all that she never puts it together to have good matches. I wish she did, truly, I'm willing her to get there because like I said, inexplicable crush. But I haven't seen it out of her yet.

In that sense, she's the perfect bodyguard who shouldn't wrestle that much.

I actually thought Tamina looked pretty good in the ring at the Beast in the East show.

Regarding Cesaro's push I absolutely love the guy bell to bell, but in his current gimmick he's not a main eventer. Now if they brought back Zeb to talk for him we'd be on to something.

Yeah if you are looking to be a main eventer, you're gonna have to...y'know, talk. Even Brock Lesnar in his first run had to talk for himself especially as a babyface. He was terrible but there ya go. Putting Cesaro back with Colter would be taking him 10 steps backwards in his development. What they really should have been doing is make him a man of very few words. Let his opponents carry the bulk of the verbal segments and have him be as straightforward and brief as possible...then back it up with these feats of strength and athleticism in matches.

It's funny but the ending of the JBL/Cole show has distanced me from their product as much as anything. That was pretty much my only WWE routine since Smackdown moved to Thursday. I'd check their youtube site a lot more a month or two ago than I do now.