Pro Wrestling Only

Are you still in?

Grimmas

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the free agent thing, I guess we simply don't have enough people to pick from. I will check in with the guys I had interested tonight and see where they stand. I know they were up a couple of weeks ago but as we all know, things simmer. We can converse about the WWF situation when it arises.

One thing I've realized doing my catch-up write-ups is that I've got a bit more people on my roster than I probably should due to the previous dispersal drafts and monthly debut drafts. It's likely I'll be looking to drop a couple of people when I get caught up without picking anyone up.

There are a couple of promotions running shows with massive rosters but only running a few matches on their cards, those guys not being used or planned to be used should be released.

I agree with the free agent thing, I guess we simply don't have enough people to pick from. I will check in with the guys I had interested tonight and see where they stand. I know they were up a couple of weeks ago but as we all know, things simmer. We can converse about the WWF situation when it arises.

One thing I've realized doing my catch-up write-ups is that I've got a bit more people on my roster than I probably should due to the previous dispersal drafts and monthly debut drafts. It's likely I'll be looking to drop a couple of people when I get caught up without picking anyone up.

There are a couple of promotions running shows with massive rosters but only running a few matches on their cards, those guys not being used or planned to be used should be released.

I completely agree. I have my jobbers on my end, and while I have them, it is almost like stockpiling for when I am able to expand and then use them. Don Kent isn't a huge star, but could be utilized as a gatekepper.

I completely agree. I have my jobbers on my end, and while I have them, it is almost like stockpiling for when I am able to expand and then use them. Don Kent isn't a huge star, but could be utilized as a gatekepper.

Everyone on my roster gets used weekly near enough, there will be some that dont get used for weeks on weeks.

It seems we have come to some conclusions.

I wonder what the consensus is on people keeping caught up and the month rule. It's something I think we ought to stick to so we avoid situations like this in the future.

As for me taking over New York's roster, I was thinking about this at work all day and came to some conclusions.

First, I want to use the old system regardless of who is taking over what territory. I feel like we've gone away from having rules we went by and that's how we got where we are now. So either we do the same thing we did the last two times or we start a new tradition and stick to that one.

Second, Parv is a stubborn guy and I am not entirely convinced he's going to quit. He got by with doing short, short match write-ups with announcer quotations to rave reviews and can go back to it if he's on short time. Also, it seems like handing off New York is his idea, and unless he has to he's not going to leave knowing that. And there are certain territories that shouldn't die. So everything that comes after this is hypothetical at very best and immaterial at worst.

If I did end up taking over Parv's territory, there are only two workers on the roster I could see using. I wouldn't run any of the territory. I would probably try to set up some New York only developmental territory for smaller arenas while letting other nearby promotions divide up the towns as they see fit. All I ever want territory-wise is Quebec with occasional trips out east for the big venues like I do now.

Besides Steamboat and (maybe) Robinson, if I could swing getting Adrian Street for a partner by sending Ole Anderson (picked up) off to ICW. Andre would be useless to me on a week to week basis but highly beneficial to somebody like Low Blow who wants more talent. What better way to get more talent than loan out Andre in return for big name guys to come in? I'd ask a fairly high price in return, but I feel like losing the Fantastics is a small thing compared to the talent Andre can bring in. A great partner for Steamboat would be Tito Santana. Maybe I could swing a deal where I picked up Heenan, sent him to WWA for Gary Hart, then turned around and sent Hart off to WCCW for Santana. Maybe not on all of these, but I think you see where I am going with this.

You also have to consider that it's not a net gain. I think originally Wahoo had to drop 6 to pick up ten. I'm not sure how the numbers work out given Parv's roster size and the total amount of promotions for a fair amount of draftable talent. My guess would be somewhere from 4 to 6 without dropping anyone. I have three members of my roster who are expendable. Tony Ricco takes the falls for Louis Laurence in tags and little else. Dan Johnson does the same for Richard Charland. Steve Regal will be taking up that role for Goldie Rogers. Given that these are actually important roles to protect my budding young stars, odds are I won't be dropping more than one. And my JTTS teams serve a pretty important purpose. You need to have guys like that. So at best I'd pull 7 guys off of the New York roster and trade them for people I had more use for, with four or five being more likely. It doesn't seem like a massive gain for me at the cost of everyone else the way I'm seeing it.

It seems we have come to some conclusions.

I wonder what the consensus is on people keeping caught up and the month rule. It's something I think we ought to stick to so we avoid situations like this in the future.

As for me taking over New York's roster, I was thinking about this at work all day and came to some conclusions.

First, I want to use the old system regardless of who is taking over what territory. I feel like we've gone away from having rules we went by and that's how we got where we are now. So either we do the same thing we did the last two times or we start a new tradition and stick to that one.

Second, Parv is a stubborn guy and I am not entirely convinced he's going to quit. He got by with doing short, short match write-ups with announcer quotations to rave reviews and can go back to it if he's on short time. Also, it seems like handing off New York is his idea, and unless he has to he's not going to leave knowing that. And there are certain territories that shouldn't die. So everything that comes after this is hypothetical at very best and immaterial at worst.

If I did end up taking over Parv's territory, there are only two workers on the roster I could see using. I wouldn't run any of the territory. I would probably try to set up some New York only developmental territory for smaller arenas while letting other nearby promotions divide up the towns as they see fit. All I ever want territory-wise is Quebec with occasional trips out east for the big venues like I do now.

Besides Steamboat and (maybe) Robinson, if I could swing getting Adrian Street for a partner by sending Ole Anderson (picked up) off to ICW. Andre would be useless to me on a week to week basis but highly beneficial to somebody like Low Blow who wants more talent. What better way to get more talent than loan out Andre in return for big name guys to come in? I'd ask a fairly high price in return, but I feel like losing the Fantastics is a small thing compared to the talent Andre can bring in. A great partner for Steamboat would be Tito Santana. Maybe I could swing a deal where I picked up Heenan, sent him to WWA for Gary Hart, then turned around and sent Hart off to WCCW for Santana. Maybe not on all of these, but I think you see where I am going with this.

You also have to consider that it's not a net gain. I think originally Wahoo had to drop 6 to pick up ten. I'm not sure how the numbers work out given Parv's roster size and the total amount of promotions for a fair amount of draftable talent. My guess would be somewhere from 4 to 6 without dropping anyone. I have three members of my roster who are expendable. Tony Ricco takes the falls for Louis Laurence in tags and little else. Dan Johnson does the same for Richard Charland. Steve Regal will be taking up that role for Goldie Rogers. Given that these are actually important roles to protect my budding young stars, odds are I won't be dropping more than one. And my JTTS teams serve a pretty important purpose. You need to have guys like that. So at best I'd pull 7 guys off of the New York roster and trade them for people I had more use for, with four or five being more likely. It doesn't seem like a massive gain for me at the cost of everyone else the way I'm seeing it.

So essentially, if Parv leaves, and were to hand off WWF to me to run along with Mid South and I worked out a deal with you to have those specific guys come in and do work when needed, would it be acceptable for us to have a working agreement with talent?

I was just going off the top of my head as for guys who I would love to get into Montreal for runs. I am not of the opinion that WWF should be dissolved. I just wanted to point out the error of seeing it as me or anyone else absorbing a ton of guys with nobody else getting anything worthwhile. I suggested that perhaps you moving over to WWF full time if Parv leaves so New York stays alive may be a good solution to the problem in the other thread.

It seems Low Blow your not happy with your Mid South roster to me, so maybe you should have first refusal on Georgia/Florida/New York (maybe). I know your working with other people's drafted rosters, and that can be annoying I understand that. But I'm not trying to be a dick but we all agreed rules and they shouldn't be changed after just 3 months.

I'm happy with the roster with mid south, but I want it to grow and that isn't possible unless GOC quits. I don't like that rule. Plain and simple. If this is how it is going to be and I get to add a guy who has some decency once a month then the long term plans for this seem kind of odd. I only get something decent if I get lucky in the random order even though I put forth more effort than others yet my growth is hindered upon a random draw or GOC quitting. There is literally no reason for me to work on as hard as I have been knowing that my promotion will not grow. That's my issue. I want more people on my roster to put on more shows. That's as simple as I can put it.

Hence my push for that exact part of the game to change. If it if falling on deaf ears and there's no way for that to happen, just let me know. In my opinio, this project would be better with promotions at different levels rather than everyone the same. Some of us do more and there should be a silver lining for that.

If people want to drop guys into the free agency so they can be picked up by others, that is cool. I'm for it.

Here's a sort of sideways way of looking at it Low Blow.

New York has a roster of guys that would work pretty great in a lot of places. HUGE names for 1983. It's also always been "the big leagues" of American pro wrestling. They also have Andre the Giant who they can send out to various promotions in exchange for major stars coming in. So yes, maybe moving to the WWWF seems like a lateral move on the surface. But in reality you can shape the roster through trades and Andre loan-outs to the point where it has the feel of a big promotion. Just look at how Parv built it up doing that.

I also have no problem with the free agency idea. What you're asking beyond that seems outside the way the game was set up though.

Effort is based on individuals outputs. You may put more time into your booking because you have more time to do it? Doesn't mean you put more effort in? Just because your output is higher?

If you want a massive roster with everyone you want why don't you just do your own project and book mega shows for yourself.

This is a game, the last thing on people's minds was to stockpile and have massive rosters of stars when we started. You have a top roster with what you have, if you want to run more shows, loan talent in for certain days, like I have done with Southwest and ICW, like Kris was doing in Georgia.

I also have no problem with the free agency idea. What you're asking beyond that seems outside the way the game was set up though.

Yea, it was pretty well established during the whole draft process that everyone was going to be on an equal basis. The way to make yourself "stand out" is through creative booking or creative use of talent deals. There shouldn't be any penalty/reward for not posting daily shows.

I cannot express it any more clearly that you guys use the term mega roster. I don't want a mega roster. I simply want a roster that would be one level up from what I currently have. I would hardly call that mega. I am NOT simply putting on shows for my own benefit this would be a way to hold a bigger shows for bigger markets. It's hard for me to believe that the Superdome is the equivalent of a big show in Vancouver. It is hard for me to believe that MSG get the exact same kind of guys that would come in Memphis.

I guess I am wrestling every feather I can by wanting more out of this then simply just running a small territory and for that I guess I have to apologize. I have that mindset of wanting to do something just a size bigger than what we're doing. I don't plan on creating a global conglomerate that runs everyone out of business. That is not my goal by any means at all. I do not need every megastar, I simply want to put together a roster of individuals that would allow me to run two house shows a day that would allow me to put on shows bigger than what I have right now.