Pro Wrestling Only

Are you still in?

Grimmas

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Frighten"?

I'm sick of you acting like a giant baby and getting in everyone's business. If Dawho5 thinks he should have the claim to WWF, let him say so himself. And if he does, I guarantee he won't go about it like you have been.

This is a deal JVK made with LowBlow to at least temporarily take over WWF. It has literally nothing to do with the absorption deal. And literally NOTHING to do with you since you don't do business with either one of them.

Enough is enough.

And since I'm already being labeled as argumentative when I made like 2 contrary statements in this whole thread 1. That I think new writers should be allowed to come in and take over dead territories 2. I don't think you should have any say what happens to your promotion if you decide to drop it, let me just go ahead and give my real opinion on this whole issue at hand.

I think the whole premise of this thread has been disingenuous from the start. This was much less about trying to figure out who was still in and way more about trying to rid of a few promotions to bolster certain people's rosters. Why in the world was WWA even brought up in this discussion when JHawk is current and up to date in his thread? Just because someone doesn't post for a few weeks doesn't mean you're suddenly entitled to their talent. No one should be kicked out of this game without first saying that they're finished,. We've already seen people get behind and get caught up peachchaos and Jesse being two examples. Dylan_Waco, dedhemingway, dkookypunk43, KrisZ and RocketCrypt all made announcements that they were finished, they didn't just disappear and never make a post saying they were done. I don't see any need to rush a guy like Flyin' Brian out of the game when he sent a PM to at least 2 people talking about how crazy his September work schedule was.

If someone doesn't answer your PM about a talent trade for a few weeks, work around it. I didn't get a response back from Jesse about something so I figured out a different route to take. I didn't start wishing he'd get bumped out of the game so I could take his guys in a draft. It would be nice if everyone was able to maintain the same level of activeness but it's not realistic. Everyone on here has different jobs, different work schedules, different family obligations. It would be nice if they were still able to make trade deals without time to post their shows like El Boricua did but that doesn't mean they HAVE TO.

I have been following this thread and did not think it was my place to get involved. I am the one who asked about new writers and it seems to have touched some nerves. I have been quiet because I did not think I was my place to voice my opinion. I am very thankful to Boon allowing me to run his Alabama Indy this week and if you decide that is where you want me to stay, I am very happy. If you want me to run one of your dead territories, I will try my best. I feel you guys as a board need to figure all of this out. I enjoy reading your projects and what ever you decide is perfectly fine with me.

I have been following this thread and did not think it was my place to get involved. I am the one who asked about new writers and it seems to have touched some nerves. I have been quiet because I did not think I was my place to voice my opinion. I am very thankful to Boon allowing me to run his Alabama Indy this week and if you decide that is where you want me to stay, I am very happy. If you want me to run one of your dead territories, I will try my best. I feel you guys as a board need to figure all of this out. I enjoy reading your projects and what ever you decide is perfectly fine with me.

New writers get dead promotions, I think that is only fair.

Not that I can tell. there are some things we need to find some agreement on. To me these are the ones that seemed important.

1. What it means to be in.

There has to be some expectations being met of participating on a weekly or bi-weekly at most basis if you ask me. Getting a month or two behind cannot be something we see a lot of. This is something of a cooperative effort on a lot of levels and we all need to be close to the same page for that to work.

2. If somebody needs to take an absence they should need to announce it publicly and have a plan for how to deal with it.

I feel very strongly on this. It's not fair to the rest of the people involved to be gone indefinitely with no reasons given for all to see.

3. What happens if somebody doesn't meet the above expectations the first time? The second and third? Do we want people to follow Parv's lead and have someone take over as booker in the interim if they have to be gone and don't want to quit just yet?

I have no ideas as of yet on this, but it is an important thing to decide.

4. How do we handle promotions without a booker?

Do we use the old model of absorbing them into the next in line as originally drawn up? Do we start new dispersal drafts? How do we handle people moving from one promotion to another fairly? How do we handle new people coming in to book a territory? This has been a topic of hot debate and the one I believe will be the hardest to get an agreement on.

I think I covered most of it. If I missed anything feel free to throw it in.

Edit: Oh, and has anyone heard from Jesse about his absence? If we're going to give Brian time, we owe Jesse the same courtesy if he's informed somebody about needing to be gone.

I'd like to provide some suggestions on dawho's summary of the pending topics:

There definitely needs to be more follow through with regards to participating (and I say this fully aware that i'm the most delinquent one in terms of posting shows). I suggest giving everybody who has said they are in but behind two weeks to get as up to date as possible. If by the first full week of October you're still too much behind (at least you should be in mid-September at that point, with best efforts to continue to catch up) then it's likely that one should drop out.

As of now the only people to not yet say anything in the thread are Flyin Brian and JHawk. JHawk's been active and up-to-date with his promotion, so I would consider that he's in (unless he states otherwise). In Flyin' Brian's case, I think we should give him until the beginning of October to chime in (particularly if his previous communications said he'd be swamped with work in September).He's been doing some fun work and should be given the chance to continue it if possible.

That said, it is important to let everyone know if you'll be running into a busy stretch that will delay you in participating either via posting or talent exchanges. It's the not knowing that becomes a potential problem.

We had originally agreed that anyone falling more than one month behind should be put on notice and given a week to get active again. There may be exceptions depending on if there is a good reason for it, but we should consider sticking with the one month period going forward and be aware of this (hence why communication if you'll be running into busy stretches is so important).

As for the inactive promotions, we could consider the following process:

• First, anyone already active and in who would like to take over one of the inactive promotions should be allowed to make the move. Please note that it is not a merging of your current territory with the new one, it's a lateral move.
  • Next, any new people that want to join should be given the chance to by selecting which territory they want from the ones available. I'd be in favor of them just taking on the rosters as they are, and if they want to make changes, they should contact other participants about trades.
  • After that, we could go with the absorption and/or dispersal method. We may have to revisit who gets to take over what territory, but the one thing i would definitely recommend is that if you are a territory that is behind in participating, you should not be eligible to take over a territory via absorption. Also, there may be occasions where someone might actually not want to absorb a territory. We need to decide who gets the territory in question in that instance.

Any other suggestions about how to push forward?

The other thing we need to look at is what promotion is resigning. Certain promotions should not fail this early. Either people need to switch over to take over one of those or a new person needs to come on, we just got to make sure.

Or someone picks up the towns? Example, Georgia goes to a draft, we split Georgia between Alabama and Mid Atlantic?

The other thing we need to look at is what promotion is resigning. Certain promotions should not fail this early. Either people need to switch over to take over one of those or a new person needs to come on, we just got to make sure.

Or someone picks up the towns? Example, Georgia goes to a draft, we split Georgia between Alabama and Mid Atlantic?

Another option for sure. Kind of what Montreal and Toronto did with the Maritimes.

Another option for sure. Kind of what Montreal and Toronto did with the Maritimes.

Yeah, I mean if a promotion had of closed in 1983, someone would pick up the towns and the TV.

Yeah, I mean if a promotion had of closed in 1983, someone would pick up the towns and the TV.

But we are saying that if a company knowingly wants to, it cannot "sell" its promotion to another?

If Parv were to bow out and WWF were to become mine, I would run two separate promotions. That isn't difficult for me as you have seen over the past month. Both products are working without hesitation while some are struggling to get going. Nothing against anyone, but I have shown that I can do this without any issues when it comes to booking and telling the stories.

In regards to plans of how to run both promotions, I would be more than happy to lay out what that would look like and how it would be not only fun and effective for me, but also for the group as a whole as a way to evolve this project.

And in regards to the allegations of how I have run the WWF, like Parv stated, it would be customary for a new booker to bring in talent. When it comes to the talent, Tommy Rogers was booked way back in July and when I got him in a trade I honored that deal and made the best of it with Bobby Fulton his partner. Ted Dibiase was on the books back in July and I honored that deal, same goes for Junkyard Dog. Tiger Chung Lee went on because Mid South has Tuesdays off and since he was a partner with Fuji, it would be only fitting they'd do the same. I did bring in Wrestling II and the Samoans for one shot simply due to getting comfortable with the booking, for that I guess I have to apologize. The WWF is currently very reliant on outside workers like Savage and Dory and Bockwinkel, so in reality, nothing major has changed with the way it was booked.

In regards to new guys, I am all for them picking up and taking dead promotions, but I just want to urge that we look into possibly developmental territories under a current owners guise in order to help develop new writers rather than throw them to the fire. That's something I'd like to do with my proposal earlier in the post and 2 promotions.

My last point would be growth. I know it is a territory system that we have and while that is great, I don't see why we have to hinder overall growth for those of us that want it. We keep talking about reality and such, well the WWF took over promotions in 1984, they became bigger. Crockett did the same thing. Watts did the same thing. I said I don't want to take over the world, I just want to size up one level and run a bigger promotion than I currently am. I think my work has proven I can do that, I just want to make sure it is a possibility with what we have in place.

But we are saying that if a company knowingly wants to, it cannot "sell" its promotion to another?

If Parv were to bow out and WWF were to become mine, I would run two separate promotions. That isn't difficult for me as you have seen over the past month. Both products are working without hesitation while some are struggling to get going. Nothing against anyone, but I have shown that I can do this without any issues when it comes to booking and telling the stories.

In regards to plans of how to run both promotions, I would be more than happy to lay out what that would look like and how it would be not only fun and effective for me, but also for the group as a whole as a way to evolve this project.

And in regards to the allegations of how I have run the WWF, like Parv stated, it would be customary for a new booker to bring in talent. When it comes to the talent, Tommy Rogers was booked way back in July and when I got him in a trade I honored that deal and made the best of it with Bobby Fulton his partner. Ted Dibiase was on the books back in July and I honored that deal, same goes for Junkyard Dog. Tiger Chung Lee went on because Mid South has Tuesdays off and since he was a partner with Fuji, it would be only fitting they'd do the same. I did bring in Wrestling II and the Samoans for one shot simply due to getting comfortable with the booking, for that I guess I have to apologize. The WWF is currently very reliant on outside workers like Savage and Dory and Bockwinkel, so in reality, nothing major has changed with the way it was booked.

In regards to new guys, I am all for them picking up and taking dead promotions, but I just want to urge that we look into possibly developmental territories under a current owners guise in order to help develop new writers rather than throw them to the fire. That's something I'd like to do with my proposal earlier in the post and 2 promotions.

My last point would be growth. I know it is a territory system that we have and while that is great, I don't see why we have to hinder overall growth for those of us that want it. We keep talking about reality and such, well the WWF took over promotions in 1984, they became bigger. Crockett did the same thing. Watts did the same thing. I said I don't want to take over the world, I just want to size up one level and run a bigger promotion than I currently am. I think my work has proven I can do that, I just want to make sure it is a possibility with what we have in place.

I wouldnt say it wouldnt work, i think you do a great job at running both. But surely people should only run one promotion and you should have to choose. If no one wants it we should follow the same rules we have done before on two occassions?

I dont personally have an issue with Mid South guys going up to WWF and vice versa, i just dont think it would of happen on a regular basis. Its just an opinion. I made the comment based on the shows that you posted and thought it was very Mid South heavy especially as WWF have so many wrestlers to use. I think it would be unlikely so many would split their time. Just my opinion.

I like the development idea, but if their is free promotions surely we'd just let them have them?

I think you are missing the point here with the growth, i want growth as much as the next person, i want to take over Georgia and run shows there, but not at the expense of new people joining? Or going with the same formula we have used before. People can trade wrestlers to grow there promotions and pick up more towns when promotions go out of business/lose bookers.

I think we are on different sides of the fence in the word "growth." For me, I would like to have my company grow by 5-10 workers so that I can run two house shows a day. I have Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Houston to run with only one group of workers. I want to be able to work more towns with more people. I am not set on taking over Texas or Georgia or Alabama, those types of things don't mean as much to me as keeping the towns I have and making sure I can run them more than once every two-three months. Obviously I run Ok City, New Orleans, and Shreveport once everyone three weeks. I do Houston once every two weeks. I want to build up my ability to do that. I want to take my TV out of just 3 towns and run it in a big cycle and not limit the exposure in those places. Having a limited roster size doesn't allow me to do that.

What your saying (I think) is growth equals places that you run.

For me, growth is how many people I run a place with.

I am not trying to hinder someone from joining by any means. If they will be a productive member of the group, it would be great to have some people who are willing to contribute to not just shows but feedback and conversation. If I am allowed to run the two promotions, if someone were to want to pick one of them up, I would have no problem in working out a way to split everything up and make it work. That isn't an issue for me as long as there is communication and people are willing to work.

I would love to take someone under my wing and help them with the writing. It would be an awesome way to DEVELOP writers rather than throw them into the fire, which is what happened here with a majority of people who struggle to keep up in my opinion.

Yeah i think it would be good if Southeastern grew across to Georgia, or invade the other way ;) . I think rosters should grow, but i think we should stick with the takeover process as it still releases 30 odd wrestlers for people to draft and ultimately grow like you would like? But only if someone doesnt want the roster.

Sounds like we have at least 2 guys ready to take Florida and Georgia so I don't think it matters anymore.

Is there anyone unaccounted for or we basically all set to hand over the reigns?

Yeah lets just give them out. Then me and Low Blow can PM our debate to one another about growth...

I think we are on different sides of the fence in the word "growth." For me, I would like to have my company grow by 5-10 workers so that I can run two house shows a day. I have Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Houston to run with only one group of workers. I want to be able to work more towns with more people. I am not set on taking over Texas or Georgia or Alabama, those types of things don't mean as much to me as keeping the towns I have and making sure I can run them more than once every two-three months. Obviously I run Ok City, New Orleans, and Shreveport once everyone three weeks. I do Houston once every two weeks. I want to build up my ability to do that. I want to take my TV out of just 3 towns and run it in a big cycle and not limit the exposure in those places. Having a limited roster size doesn't allow me to do that.

What your saying (I think) is growth equals places that you run.

For me, growth is how many people I run a place with.

I am not trying to hinder someone from joining by any means. If they will be a productive member of the group, it would be great to have some people who are willing to contribute to not just shows but feedback and conversation. If I am allowed to run the two promotions, if someone were to want to pick one of them up, I would have no problem in working out a way to split everything up and make it work. That isn't an issue for me as long as there is communication and people are willing to work.

I would love to take someone under my wing and help them with the writing. It would be an awesome way to DEVELOP writers rather than throw them into the fire, which is what happened here with a majority of people who struggle to keep up in my opinion.

If you need more guys to 'grow', could you pick them up from the free agent pool? I don't think it should be absolutely necessary to have to drop someone to pick someone up if you're actually going to use both of them to run house shows. Conversely, you could drop someone without having to pick someone up if you just want to cut down on your roster size.