Pro Wrestling Only

Are you still in?

Grimmas

I will express my opinion one more time... one big re-shuffle draft. Put everyone from these promotions into a draft and let us go through it like we did with the initial draft. The merger idea is good but this is an option to appease most. With the draft, you have the choice not to draft anyone, but those of us who are looking to expand simply can't due to the parameters that have been set.

In regards to the two new people, are we okay with giving them bigger rosters after not necessarily showcasing their talents? No offense to the new dudes, but with less that 5 posts between the two of them, I would be on the end of wanting to see something before handing over a promotion and big rosters. I like Boon's idea of the having them possibly book Alabama to see how that works. Perhaps others are in the mode of co-bookers like I did with Beast and what happened in the AWA until things get worked out. Again, nothing personal, simply food for thought.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will express my opinion one more time... one big re-shuffle draft. Put everyone from these promotions into a draft and let us go through it like we did with the initial draft. The merger idea is good but this is an option to appease most. With the draft, you have the choice not to draft anyone, but those of us who are looking to expand simply can't due to the parameters that have been set.

In regards to the two new people, are we okay with giving them bigger rosters after not necessarily showcasing their talents? No offense to the new dudes, but with less that 5 posts between the two of them, I would be on the end of wanting to see something before handing over a promotion and big rosters. I like Boon's idea of the having them possibly book Alabama to see how that works. Perhaps others are in the mode of co-bookers like I did with Beast and what happened in the AWA until things get worked out. Again, nothing personal, simply food for thought.

Kevinmcfl will be taking over booking of Alabama Wrestling Alliance. He can book shows Wednesday to Friday in smaller towns Southeastern is not running. I've also said that I'm fine with Kevinmcfl bringing in any talent from other promoter so he can begin to work with others. And he can also do what he likes booking wise.

The tricky thing for me is TV, because only a few don't appear on my TV it wouldn't be "legit" if he ran TV tapings with different storylines and feuds in Alabama.

Does anyone know of an example of when that did happen?

I know Parv spoke about opening up a development promotion NWF, maybe that can happen for the other new writer?

Mid south
Wwf
Macw
Maple Leaf
Awa
Stampede
Southeast
Southwest
Vancouver
Memphis
Puerto Rico

Are all in

Georgia

Florida

Are out

WWA, Icw & world class have yet to respond unless I missed something.

And I have to edit this, WWA hasn't responded on here so I want to make sure he's in even though he just posted a couple of days ago.

So as of now, can we get a list of the remaining promotions and who runs them? if we get down to 5 or so promotions, I don't know if I want to continue. I hate that because come January I would have had a super hot promotion even without any new people.

I know there's some frustration there and I can say that if we do the dispersal draft and allow people to expand who want to, I am all in to continue running. I know I have deals and plans through to the new year and want to see them come to fruition.

Also, with a "draft" per say, we could continue to build that free agent list for individuals to find work and be booked through the developmental in Alabama and one I would like to open in the future.

In regards to the two new people, are we okay with giving them bigger rosters after not necessarily showcasing their talents? No offense to the new dudes, but with less that 5 posts between the two of them, I would be on the end of wanting to see something before handing over a promotion and big rosters.

Yes. No one else had to pass any kind of test to become a booker here. As far as I can recall you didn't have any posts outside of shilling your podcast before you started this project.

In regards to the two new people, are we okay with giving them bigger rosters after not necessarily showcasing their talents? No offense to the new dudes, but with less that 5 posts between the two of them, I would be on the end of wanting to see something before handing over a promotion and big rosters.

Yes. No one else had to pass any kind of test to become a booker here. As far as I can recall you didn't have any posts outside of shilling your podcast before you started this project.

That's true and while I did serve as a booker for MACW and backed up my credibility with information from another board, along with knowing Grimmas and others, I can see your point. However since I have been here, I have posted consistently and been a productive member of the group and attempted to help move things forward than go backwards. Like I said, it was simply an opinion... you state yours over and over and while I disagree with you vehemently on most everything, you are entitled to it. I have tried to settle our differences through PM but you have blocked and ignored and continue to make them public. You continue to be passive aggressive with your signatures and other issues that you bring up. You have simply ceased being productive in my eyes towards this project which is weird because there is history of you posting about how individuals should only have 30 days yet you retract those statements now.

My simple reason for what I said was that due to my history of doing this and running a project like this is that people come and go and it is good to get them hooked in before moving forward. With the individuals being new members, it is simply a precaution to prevent scenarios such as the one we have one right now with inactive and defunct promotions.

I disagree with you about one thing and you post a long diatribe against me and I'm the one being passive aggressive and continuing to bring up old issues? LOL. I don't care about that trade crap, just because you've elected yourself king of the project doesn't mean no one can disagree with you.

I'm sorry you think I've "stopped being useful to the project" but I'm not going anywhere.

I am not by any word King of the project but by doing this for the past 7 years, I'd like to think I have some good input, whether you like it or not.

I simply stated my opinion and you didn't like it. You have been rude and disrespectful to me and others and that is who you are and it is frustrating that we have other things to work on here but you continue to delineate the conversation towards your attention. Please stop.

That's true and while I did serve as a booker for MACW and backed up my credibility with information from another board, along with knowing Grimmas and others, I can see your point. However since I have been here, I have posted consistently and been a productive member of the group and attempted to help move things forward than go backwards. Like I said, it was simply an opinion... you state yours over and over and while I disagree with you vehemently on most everything, you are entitled to it. I have tried to settle our differences through PM but you have blocked and ignored and continue to make them public. You continue to be passive aggressive with your signatures and other issues that you bring up. You have simply ceased being productive in my eyes towards this project which is weird because there is history of you posting about how individuals should only have 30 days yet you retract those statements now.

My simple reason for what I said was that due to my history of doing this and running a project like this is that people come and go and it is good to get them hooked in before moving forward. With the individuals being new members, it is simply a precaution to prevent scenarios such as the one we have one right now with inactive and defunct promotions.

I think we are moving away from what the issue is. Can we move back to that, some promotions are inactive, Georgia and Florida, lets create a poll for how we dissolve them or give them to others.

4 options I see...

- Territory take over as per we have done twice before. Ill likely take the people i want from Georgia (Which isnt many) and then give up a portion of my new joined territory to kevinmcfl as he has been very forthcoming in PM's around running Alabama for me.

- Two new guys get to pick 5 wrestlers each for either promotion they choose and then we draft then we go into a draft with everyone left.

- The two new guys have to prove themselves, kevinmcfl is in my Alabama development, 4 weeks enough to prove it?

- The two new guys get to choose either Florida or Georgia and go from there.

There was nothing rude or disrespectful about me saying there's no precedent for making people "prove" themselves before becoming writers.

As if this is the reason why we have issues. Get over yourself.

I think we are moving away from what the issue is. Can we move back to that, some promotions are inactive, Georgia and Florida, lets create a poll for how we dissolve them or give them to others.

4 options I see...

- Territory take over as per we have done twice before. Ill likely take the people i want from Georgia (Which isnt many) and then give up a portion of my new joined territory to kevinmcfl as he has been very forthcoming in PM's around running Alabama for me.

- Two new guys get to pick 5 wrestlers each for either promotion they choose and then we draft then we go into a draft with everyone left.

- The two new guys have to prove themselves, kevinmcfl is in my Alabama development, 4 weeks enough to prove it?

- The two new guys get to choose either Florida or Georgia and go from there.

These are good options. I think the developmental system is a great idea and if you can run with it for the time being it works. We'd just need to figure out where the other guy could do his development. I would happily offer some guys from Mid South if some of the other locals around the area could for a developmental project for 3-4 weeks.

I am on board with the new guys taking 5 total players from the board and the rest being drafted as well.

WWA, Icw & world class have yet to respond unless I missed something.

And I have to edit this, WWA hasn't responded on here so I want to make sure he's in even though he just posted a couple of days ago.

How much longer are we giving these guys? ICW goes to me if he's out so there is an interest there. Are the new writers taking Florida and Georgia? I'd prefer that. No need to split them up.

I've decided to refrain from posting shows until this is all sorted out. No worries as if everything works out I can post a whole batch at once. They are already done in my head, just need typed out.

So in reality, the new guys would have a choice of Georgia, Florida, ICW, and World Class (and WWA if they don't respond)?

Would they choose 5 guys from that current roster to keep and then the rest to the mega draft? Then they would build their rosters from that?

Or

Would it be if someone wanted to take over, would they get the roster as is? Then whomever isn't picked (The other two promotions) get merged in line or into a mega draft?

I'm of the opinion that WWA is in based on recent shows.

As far as new bookers, I see no problem giving them run of the other promotions. I have a hard time seeing a territory system without WCCW, Georgia and Florida. If there is some kind of problem with how loaded the Florida roster is (not from me, but there are other ways of looking at it) maybe it's Georgia and WCCW that get the newer writers. Who got the Florida towns I don't recall. I would guess that neither new writer would *want* to be ICW, but again there are different ways of looking at it.

Let's just try to find a resolution in the most peaceful way possible.

Brian told me he was swamped with work this month. I've messaged him and let him know about this thread. Let's just ask the two new guys what promotion they want.

We need to put aside any other ideas around drafting rosters and just stick with what we agreed with at the beginning and have used successfully twice before which is if the rosters don't get picked up then they get absorbed by the promotion next to them in Wills flow chart.

Brian also PM'd me early in the month to say he was swamped this month and wouldn't be around. I think he should get until October 7th to make some kind of post since he told at least two people he wouldn't really be around in September.

I'm still here. Everybody we service signed up to do their upgrades this month almost. I have 6 server installs and over 50 pin pads for the chip credit cards to put in before October. I'm catching up on everything now

A bit long winded but this is what we sorted last time with Will flow chart.

Puerto Rico gets Florida gets Alabama gets Georgia gets New Orleans gets San Antonio gets Dallas gets Memphis gets Lexington gets Mid Atlantic gets Puerto Rico (although this last one seems a bit far fetched)

New York gets Indianapolis got Kansas City gets Minneapolis gets Stampede gets (Vancouver / Portland) gets Toronto gets Montreal gets New York

While we are on this topic, I would also like to ask about us who are active switching promotions. Since there are open promotions, wouldn't those of us running a promotion have the ability to to swap promotions and switch if we wanted?

I think this is a useful addition, it would happen in real life.