Pro Wrestling Only

Are you still in?

Grimmas

So are we staying that there is no disposal draft of this town and that the individuals to pick them up will be able to keep all the original town, and if the promotion is not pick up it wouldn't be merge into the next promotion?

That would be my steer as we've used this process before, and is the most realistic no?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be willing to be skipped over this time and let Mid-Atlantic (or someone else) take over Florida if no new writer takes it over (and if it's not dissolved and dispersed). I'm really in no position to take over something when I'm in catch up mode. If I have to take it over I'll figure out how to manage, but it's probably not a good idea.

So are we staying that there is no disposal draft of this town and that the individuals to pick them up will be able to keep all the original town, and if the promotion is not pick up it wouldn't be merge into the next promotion?

That would be my steer as we've used this process before, and is the most realistic no?

I don't think it is as realistic as it has been sold to the public. I am all for a draft due to the same reasons El Boricua doesn't want to take the Florida guys.

It is no secret that I want to expand and these parameters do not allow for that and in all reality limit our ability to grow unless the person in front of us dies. No offense to Goc, but he is staying around with Southwest, so therefore something tragic would have to happen in order for me to ever get than influx of talent to make my promotion grow, which limits why I would want to keep going in the first place. I want to build a roster and create a cult/nationalized style much like the WWF, Crockett, and Watts did in the mid 80s but this doesn't allow that to happen. If we are putting forth that talent will never be drafted, I would rethink my stance and what the future would hold. I am not taking my ball and going home, but simply stating that if I am not allowed to grow (outside of numerous talent trades, which we have seen become ineffective due to inactivity), I don't see the overall purpose of continuing.

Much like the REAL world did if we look at things in that sense, the individuals who did the most got the most, Vince and Crockett made the most money and picked up the talent they wanted to grow regardless of where they were geographically.

I'm definitely okay with people switching promotions.

I think if Brian was going to be out for a month he ought to have mentioned it as publicly as possible. I feel like we should give him some leeway though as he does have his reasons. He should be given until the first full week of October to give some kind of response given the circumstances.

But I want two caveats attached as well.

1. If you're going to be taking some time off for a while, let everyone know why and give a general idea of how long. Maybe have somebody take over for you in your absence like Parv did.

2. For those promotions that are behind, there ought to be some kind of timeframe they have to keep to. If you're in, it's all well and good to say so. But keep posting something along the lines of catching up at least weekly. Or something along those lines. It doesn't even have to be a big, long thing. Just something.

I want to also take time to point out that it does affect other people's promotions. KrisZ had planned on making half his big show about the rest of the NWA. There are interpromotional plans. If you're not posting anything for a month or so those sorts of things get screwed up.

I don't think it is as realistic as it has been sold to the public. I am all for a draft due to the same reasons El Boricua doesn't want to take the Florida guys.

It is no secret that I want to expand and these parameters do not allow for that and in all reality limit our ability to grow unless the person in front of us dies. No offense to Goc, but he is staying around with Southwest, so therefore something tragic would have to happen in order for me to ever get than influx of talent to make my promotion grow, which limits why I would want to keep going in the first place. I want to build a roster and create a cult/nationalized style much like the WWF, Crockett, and Watts did in the mid 80s but this doesn't allow that to happen. If we are putting forth that talent will never be drafted, I would rethink my stance and what the future would hold. I am not taking my ball and going home, but simply stating that if I am not allowed to grow (outside of numerous talent trades, which we have seen become ineffective due to inactivity), I don't see the overall purpose of continuing.

Much like the REAL world did if we look at things in that sense, the individuals who did the most got the most, Vince and Crockett made the most money and picked up the talent they wanted to grow regardless of where they were geographically.

This is also very true, wouldn't you pick up WCCW?

This is also very true, wouldn't you pick up WCCW?

I wouldn't because Goc is in line for Dallas and I am in line for San Antonio. If Goc were to pass then I would, but there in lies the entirety of the issue with someone having to give up in order for another to get something which isn't the easiest line to cross.

One thing I'm picking up reading this thread is that we each have something we want out of this happening. Here's what i want.

I want 8 - 10 promotions that update (weekly or biweekly, daily, whatever) on a regular basis. My reasoning is this. If we get down to 5 and I want to unload, let's say Louis Laurence, for a few months it becomes more difficult. Because maybe he's been to each of the other four promotions, or three of them. And if they don't have room for what they will use him as based on what he has already done there? No dice. Also, the more promotions you have, the more chances there are for interpromotional invasions, cross-promotion groups, whatever you want to do. And finally, I like reading what other people do with it. It's always interesting to see somebody else's take on wrestling and a project like this will show you how that person looks at it really clearly.

I think we're getting hung up on a lot of the details of the how of it. We all want something to happen for our own reasons. there is one certainty with as many people involved as we have.

You're not going to get things exactly your way. We're all going to have to give up something we wanted going in so we can hammer out a deal that works for everyone involved. It's not going to be easy and it's going to take compromises.

I'm in favor of not constantly changing things that are agreed upon. The territory takeover model was already decided and has happened multiple times. I'm fine with someone wanting to switch to one of the open territories of Georgia or Florida though.

I don't think anything has been "constantly" changed, but with this current scenario, a precedent should be set and agreed upon by those who are still willing and committed to the overall production of the project. Like Dawho said, we won't all be happy with this outcome but there has to be some sort of mutual ground.

The interesting notion would be how it would be handled if an individual, like for instance Goc took over WCCW instead, would his Southwest Roster be absorbed into Mid South then? Would Alabama go backwards in the order and take over Georgia what would happen to his roster he's accumulated?

Remember that the territory takeover model also involved dropping a good amount of wrestlers. I am in agreement with goc on both counts though. If it comes to that, let's just have somebody absorb the promotion and sort out the rosters after they cherry pick them.

So at this point, I could take over Georgia, merge it with Mid South, create my ideal roster, and be run as GCW?

Remember that the territory takeover model also involved dropping a good amount of wrestlers. I am in agreement with goc on both counts though. If it comes to that, let's just have somebody absorb the promotion and sort out the rosters after they cherry pick them.

So at this point, I could take over Georgia, merge it with Mid South, create my ideal roster, and be run as GCW?

I think if you move promotions you couldn't take from the former? You move of your own back, because you want a change not to make a mega roster?

Agreed with Boon, you can't switch promotions just because that promotion is in line to take over the one you ditched in a move solely designed to give yourself a mega roster. Besides, there are still 2 new writers who could potentially take over Mid-South if you switch to Florida or Georgia.

In this instance though, if Mid South wasn't picked up or taken it would merge with Georgia which would allow the roster pick ups and such is what I am saying. My stance, as stated earlier is that I want a bigger roster and want to make sure it is done the right way with no loopholes. The current barriers prohibit that from happening so I want to try and figure out a way to get out of this what I'd like in order to continue and be successful.

Okay, but still, the only way for my roster to grow is for the promotion in front of me to go down, so there is little to no chance that I will be able to build into a cult or national style with 30 or so workers on the roster given this scenario that has been laid out.

I want to be able to run two house shows a day and not have a "mega" roster but definitely have something similar to a WWF/JCP/Mid South 1984-86 feel with some great talents and building blocks. This model doesn't allow for that to happen.

Over time your roster will get bigger. The territory that absorbs the next one takes some of the roster, but it was less then half IIRC. yeah, you're getting midcard guys, but there's no problem in having a strong midcard that you can build into a strong upper mid/main event scene. It just takes time and patient booking.