Pro Wrestling Only

Are you still in?

Grimmas

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for taking up everyone's time. This conversation continues to go in circles. I will simply continue to do what I'm doing. Ice just wanted to do things a notch above what we're doing currently. It doesn't seem as though there's any vertical growth as we continue to use lateral movements.

I guess we just have no idea what the heck you are talking about. WWF has the roster to do two shows at a time. Georgia was doing it all along. Why not just switch to one of those if that is your goal?

Otherwise I am confused.

My goal is not to have to switch promotions in order for that to happen though. My goal is to build MidSouth up so that it could become a promotion of that size. What we are saying is that the only way for that to happen is for the promotion in front of me to go down. That's my only frustration I don't want to have to hope that goc goes away that I can have a bigger promotion. That is not very cooperative in my opinion. I simply want to be able to build MidSouth.

We're just trying to offer you solutions for what you see as a problem. Both from a "feel" standpoint and a roster standpoint, the WWWF is the elite promotion. The big shows are uber stacked all the way down the card. They have the biggest roster in the game. And yes, Kris was running two shows with Georgia and made it feel like something special. If there were promotions that were one level up so far in terms of star power (WWWF) and output (Georgia), those would be the ones I would name. That's what I thought you were after.

We're just trying to offer you solutions for what you see as a problem. Both from a "feel" standpoint and a roster standpoint, the WWWF is the elite promotion. The big shows are uber stacked all the way down the card. They have the biggest roster in the game. And yes, Kris was running two shows with Georgia and made it feel like something special. If there were promotions that were one level up so far in terms of star power (WWWF) and output (Georgia), those would be the ones I would name. That's what I thought you were after.

And Flroida is so stacked you could run one show with Piper on top and Dusty on the other...

That is true to some respect, but I want to be able to build my promotion up to that level. We all know that Bill Watts wanted to expand. I simply want to do the same thing. I know that it's going to be difficult to try and account trades after all this is said and done because people Harbor rough feelings. Anyone who has dealt with me can simply understand that am fair and trustworthy. I simply want the ability for my promotion to grow vertically.

I guess that's why I'm still missed on the merger idea. And this is nothing against Southwest, but who's to say that all of those guys and Dallas would directly go to Southwest while you would have the ability to go to other places like Georgia and Florida and mid-atlantic where they were showcased. That's the only reason why I push for a draft, is so that individuals can be dispersed equally rather than going to one specific promotion. When this happens, those of you that want to run territory that are smaller have the choice to pass in the draft while those of us that want to expand our rosters more then have the ability to take those talents and build up their promotion. I believe GOC has said in the past but he wants to run a small territory style promotion. If world class were to be absorbed by him he was almost losing that identity if he were to take some of those big name stars out of that promotion. He would have the choice to pass on the merger but again that is the simple fault of the system. It would be hard for me to comprehend that an individual like Bill Watts Jim Crockett or Vince McMahon wouldn't sleep in and try to buy out Kerry Von Erichs contract or Big John Studd contract. Or if that individual was working in a talent trade with somebody else that they wouldn't simply stay there if the promotion died. Again this is all just something to think about. If it is on deaf ears I will simply shut my mouth and not worry about it anymore and conclude with what I've done. I also apologize if some of this doesn't quite make sense as I am talking through my phone.

And trust me guys I'm having fun, outside of the personal BS, which I'm doing my best to try and get over and not worry about any more, this is a great experience and I'm beyond thankful to be a part of it. I hope everybody understands that. I simply I'm trying to put my opinion out there if it's not going to be taken I'm completely fine with that and like I said I will shut my mouth and continue to do what I'm doing and know that this is how it's going to stand.

The thing is, World Class would not fail now. Somebody would take it over, because we have people waiting to join the game. Also people can switch around. I'm sure someone booking Vancouver would be more than happy to switch to World Class if it died, then Vancouver dies and it's no big deal.

My goal is not to have to switch promotions in order for that to happen though. My goal is to build MidSouth up so that it could become a promotion of that size. What we are saying is that the only way for that to happen is for the promotion in front of me to go down. That's my only frustration I don't want to have to hope that goc goes away that I can have a bigger promotion. That is not very cooperative in my opinion. I simply want to be able to build MidSouth.

I actually like that you want to reach a point where you can grow to run double house shows. I think what may be causing confusion is when you talk about a promotion of a larger size. You have said it's about having more wrestlers to be able to run more often and concurrently.What exactly do you feel defines having reached the next level in terms of growth with regards to the number of wrestlers?

The other thing that may be confusing this is the talk about the WWF, which seems to not have any relation with growing Mid-south (at least i don't think it does according to how you've explained it).

I look at the number of workers I have right now... wrestlers and everything... 26. We all know the Grand Wizard dies in less than a month so I just dropped to 25. Now when I think about size, I would view this as a "regional" size promotion. Now all be it, I funnel in talent and use free lancers to bolster up to around 30... the promotion is almost to the next level. I would say having 30-35 guys would raise a regional promotion up but also in those 30, you have enough to have solid spots in the Main Event (which should only have 4 guys at the MOST) and then some upper mid card guys, a few mid card, and then a bunch of dudes who are getting a paycheck.

If you look at what I've done with Mid South since I got it... and what I have done over the past month, I never brought WWF guys in to Mid South to work. It was the opposite way around. I never used the WWF for that, I used Mid South to bolster the WWF... because as "promising" as that roster looks, the meat and potatoes need seasoning no matter what.

I guess like Goc said, there is really no merit for doing more than someone else, which is a tad frustrating when we think about what Vince, Crockett, and Watts did in real life to do more, they got more out of it. I simply want to raise Mid South to that level by working harder which I have done since picking it up.

He started with the two house show idea. Parv already wanted to hand the WWWF over to him if he decided to leave and that seemed like an easy way for both to get what they want.

You also have to remember that your roster does not grow by 10 when you absorb a promotion. You have to give guys up in addition to picking ten. Wahoo moved up by four. So by your estimation you'd need at least two territories ahead of you to go down, maybe three. Just something to think about.

Here's another one. You could be the guy scheduled to absorb a promotion that was deemed too big to fail. :)

Guys, I think I'm going to have to pull out.

Hopefully all dates on Andre and other existing deals are honoured.

I said that Low Blow should take over WWF, because he's been booking it. But since I'm out of the game, that's not my fight.

I had fun. This was an interesting experiment, hope people liked some of my shows. I'll be reading to see if Heenan and Bockwinkel ever gets their comeuppance. :)

I just want to clarify what this site is all about. I became concerned when you guys were talking about Georgia running two shows a day and Florida having that potential. I went back and looked and Georgia did run two show a day but only listed matches and not re-caps of the matches. Florida seems to have a small 20 man roster and only ran a couple of show total. Am I reading this correctly? This game has so many threads it is somewhat hard to follow. To me, just listing matches is not as interesting for the reader but I am not sure if that is what you guys want.

I was looking to run 1-2 shows a week with a major card 1-2 times per month. This was kind of the way I ran the first card in Alabama for Boon. Each card would include matches with recaps and some interviews or angles. Am I ok with the way I would do this?

After looking at the rosters, and if my idea is ok, I would prefer Florida over Georgia and I am fine if all I do is Alabama but I leave this all up to you.

Again, sorry to stir the pot.

Yeah it's those three. We should fill up the WWF for sure. Georgia did go down in 83, so that's not completely out of line if nobody takes it. Florida I could see dying also if nobody wants to move. But the roster is inviting for sure.

I think our new writers ought to be in real promotions, not developmental ones.

I was looking to run 1-2 shows a week with a major card 1-2 times per month. This was kind of the way I ran the first card in Alabama for Boon. Each card would include matches with recaps and some interviews or angles. Am I ok with the way I would do this?

Yes this is fine. You're not obligated to do any more than 1 show a week really. Anything more than that is up to you.

I'm not sure how we decide who gets what though as both of the new writers have indicated an interest in taking over Florida.