Pro Wrestling Only

Are you still in?

Grimmas

Okay, with that clarification and some of the other issues that have been public on here, I will finish out the month then for the WWF and Mid South and see where it stands. I understand the idea of "long term booking" and yes I have played this game before, but I am not big on how minimal and tedious growth is with this model.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TEW is about you as the booker taking on the world. This is more about many bookers working together, bickering, and/or both. Honestly with the way you and goc are I can't believe you're not lining up to take WCCW over. Seems like you two would book that little war in a way that was entertaining without ever having to cooperate or compare notes.

TEW is about you as the booker taking on the world. This is more about many bookers working together, bickering, and/or both. Honestly with the way you and goc are I can't believe you're not lining up to take WCCW over. Seems like you two would book that little war in a way that was entertaining without ever having to cooperate or compare notes.

I don't want to "take over the world" I simply want to build to a cult/national promotion. Drafts allow that. The merger system does not unless the person in front of you goes down.

I don't plan on working with Goc in any way. Whether it would be a battle working with or against one another. Plain and simple, I can't trust him when he backed out on deals with me for wrestlers and with Houston. We've gone through it over and over. Look at his profile and signature, I don't see any kind of positive in allowing that behavior to go continue and like I said, he is part of this game and I would do my best to have no deals with him. I am sure he will have something topical to say in return, but there is no more truth that what was just typed.

With the way you have it set up, I am just waiting for him to quit in order for me to grow which isn't productive.

I think my title and my signature speak for themselves on whether that feeling is mutual.

Exactly... you backed out on deals and I am the one who is the bad guy in all of this for calling you out on it.

In regards to what is going on here, this model stifles you until someone else gets out of the way. In this case it is Goc and I already have issues due to his behavior which is counter productive to wanting to just stay around until he goes away. That is not how it works, a company should be able to rise up if it's outdoing a bigger company. I have proven that with my productivity and work on the project by even doubling production and picking up the WWF this month and not faltering one bit.

This is a big shakeup no matter what happens.

Everyone should be open to adjusting how we deal with promotions dying. I'm not looking to expand really, but you need to understand how it feels when you post consistently and yet people who haven't been (for whatever reasons) are next in line to get an influx of new talent. Boricua was gracious enough to offer me a hand in Florida if he ends up absorbing it, so let's be logical and not throw a ton of new guys at rosters that haven't been that active.

No one is kicking anyone out, but I'd rather not have to go through this process every 2 months when guys end up not posting again. If you commit right now, please be aware of the time that goes into this project.

Not that I can tell. there are some things we need to find some agreement on. To me these are the ones that seemed important.

1. What it means to be in.

There has to be some expectations being met of participating on a weekly or bi-weekly at most basis if you ask me. Getting a month or two behind cannot be something we see a lot of. This is something of a cooperative effort on a lot of levels and we all need to be close to the same page for that to work.

2. If somebody needs to take an absence they should need to announce it publicly and have a plan for how to deal with it.

I feel very strongly on this. It's not fair to the rest of the people involved to be gone indefinitely with no reasons given for all to see.

3. What happens if somebody doesn't meet the above expectations the first time? The second and third? Do we want people to follow Parv's lead and have someone take over as booker in the interim if they have to be gone and don't want to quit just yet?

I have no ideas as of yet on this, but it is an important thing to decide.

4. How do we handle promotions without a booker?

Do we use the old model of absorbing them into the next in line as originally drawn up? Do we start new dispersal drafts? How do we handle people moving from one promotion to another fairly? How do we handle new people coming in to book a territory? This has been a topic of hot debate and the one I believe will be the hardest to get an agreement on.

I think I covered most of it. If I missed anything feel free to throw it in.

Edit: Oh, and has anyone heard from Jesse about his absence? If we're going to give Brian time, we owe Jesse the same courtesy if he's informed somebody about needing to be gone.

Do we use the old model of absorbing them into the next in line as originally drawn up? Do we start new dispersal drafts? How do we handle people moving from one promotion to another fairly? How do we handle new people coming in to book a territory? This has been a topic of hot debate and the one I believe will be the hardest to get an agreement on.

With 2 new writers ready and willing to come into the game, I think it's much better to allow them to take over a territory than to split it up. The more active promotions we have the more interesting the project is.

Not that I can tell. there are some things we need to find some agreement on. To me these are the ones that seemed important.

1. What it means to be in.

There has to be some expectations being met of participating on a weekly or bi-weekly at most basis if you ask me. Getting a month or two behind cannot be something we see a lot of. This is something of a cooperative effort on a lot of levels and we all need to be close to the same page for that to work.

2. If somebody needs to take an absence they should need to announce it publicly and have a plan for how to deal with it.

I feel very strongly on this. It's not fair to the rest of the people involved to be gone indefinitely with no reasons given for all to see.

3. What happens if somebody doesn't meet the above expectations the first time? The second and third? Do we want people to follow Parv's lead and have someone take over as booker in the interim if they have to be gone and don't want to quit just yet?

I have no ideas as of yet on this, but it is an important thing to decide.

I think I covered most of it. If I missed anything feel free to throw it in.

Edit: Oh, and has anyone heard from Jesse about his absence? If we're going to give Brian time, we owe Jesse the same courtesy if he's informed somebody about needing to be gone.

1. I agree with this point, but the bigger thing for me is the courtesy bit around just dropping and saying, 2 weeks behind, I'm still in. But I totally agree, set an expectation.

2. Again agree.

3. I like this idea, just one point from this though, is that WEF has now become Mid South heavy for the month and seems odd that would happen, but it's fantasy after all. I think if someone takes over then they shouldn't be able to flood the other promotion with there talent. But I suppose it's down to the bookers.

4. I think this just needs to go with the following, if someone wants it, if not, absorbed by the promotion it should be, they select up to ten and release the same number, if not disperse draft. It show be that simple.

Ultimately the two new writers have been very quiet in talking about what promotion they want to take if any.

Should I leave the game, my strong preference is to leave WWF in the hands of Low Blow, for reasons of continuity and of being realistic. Vince Sr dies in October. The company is in Vince Jr's hands. He buys out Watts. Simple.

There shouldn't be objections to that. Why should Low Blow get it? It's obvious, he was prepared to put in the time to book it while I was gone. We'll have to cross the bridge when it comes, but I feel pretty strongly that if I leave, Low Blow should inherent WWF to take it into the Vince Jr era.

3. I like this idea, just one point from this though, is that WEF has now become Mid South heavy for the month and seems odd that would happen, but it's fantasy after all. I think if someone takes over then they shouldn't be able to flood the other promotion with there talent. But I suppose it's down to the bookers.

Two things on this: 1. If you follow the angle, Dibiase's run had been set in stone from the start of the game pretty much, before Lowblow was even involved, and JYD had shots vs. Bock locked in too.

2. I think it's pretty realistic that if a Bill Watts came in to book for a month that he'd give some jobs to the boys. Every Booker had his own crew that he'd bring in. It would actually be realistic if you found more MSW guys on those cards, since Watts would be looking to give his talent exposure.

Your idea of realistic isn't the same as mine because it would also mean Watts was leaving his own territory bare of talent to bolster WWF when he's still the owner of Mid-South. Your whole "exposure~!" idea is also silly because why should a promoter in the South care about getting his guys New York exposure. You're not even on cable.

I mean Christ, Larry Z made his entire career from the rep of having beat Bruno. And yes, including down south where you'd have us believe they don't give a rats ass about New York and turn their nose up at huge stars to book jobbers in the main event. Let's not talk about realistic please.

I have no idea what this even means but if you want to take a shot don't veil it.

They went up there because Vince Sr. called them and asked them to come and the money was better. I doubt it had very much to do with exposure especially since Dusty was well established in the Apter mags before he ever wrestled in MSG.

Let's ring up Kevin Sullivan and ask him if he thinks an MSG billing was good exposure or not. Or any wrestler from that era.

What are you so touchy about anyway you're gonna quit the project so why should you even care? You shouldn't have a say in what happens to your promotion after your gone, Montreal is in line to takeover WWF so it should be their call whether to allow that or not.